PDA

View Full Version : Damn Ticket Price!

ls/vtec-crx
01-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Went out with some friends last night to watch them drift and at the end of the night we went to another corner that we had found that was pretty good. As we were leaving (5:00am) cops came to see what we were doing. He asked us why we were street racing but we said we were cause it was on like a very short street. Anyways forgot my license and got a ticket for failure to produce drivers license. I was fine with getting the ticket cause i thought it would be about 50-70 dollars.

WRONG! It was $172.00! Is there anyway to get that decreased or fighting it? And is there any demerit points for that?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

FiveFreshFish
01-18-2004, 11:32 PM
All ticket prices went up several months ago. Probably aren't any tickets in the $50 to $70 range, except for parking violations.

Ben
01-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
Went out with some friends last night to watch them drift and at the end of the night we went to another corner that we had found that was pretty good. As we were leaving (5:00am) cops came to see what we were doing. He asked us why we were street racing but we said we were cause it was on like a very short street. Anyways forgot my license and got a ticket for failure to produce drivers license. I was fine with getting the ticket cause i thought it would be about 50-70 dollars.

WRONG! It was $172.00! Is there anyway to get that decreased or fighting it? And is there any demerit points for that?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Shit, thats rough. Yeah, Document fines went from 69.00 to $172 on May 18th 2003. its pretty rough.

No demerit points which is good.

I would recommend you go down and talk to the Crown Prosecutor at Rocky Mountain Plaza (7th ave and 1st ST SE) and see if he'll get it changed to a tint ticket or something, those are half as much cake.

Never know. Worth a Try. Hope this Helps.

RS4
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
^^^
I don't know, just got one for tinting last night and it was $115....:banghead:

Talies R
01-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Any videos of the drifting??

ls/vtec-crx
01-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Talies R
Any videos of the drifting??

COMING SOON!

88CRX
01-19-2004, 05:16 PM
wtf? street racing is fround upon but drifting on the street is ok?

tegdreamer
01-19-2004, 05:29 PM
well this topic has beeen pretty bet to death around here but yeah just head down and see the CP ... worth a try..it sno tlike ur fne will go up or anything! goodluck!

88CRX
01-19-2004, 05:33 PM
btw - its impossible to "fight" it

basicly you didnt have it so you pay..... however if you go talk to the cp (go right @ 8am or you'll wait all frickin day) and feed him some bs excuse (school is a good one) then they will reduce it and give you time to pay it off.