PDA

View Full Version : Banff Liquor Ban this long weekend??

illtim3d
06-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Does anybody know if the liquor ban is still in effect for provincial parks this long weekend?? Stay at tunnel mountain for the night and would like to enjoy some bevys

EDIT

Canada Day Long Weekend (June 30 at 7:00 a.m. to Monday, July 5 at 12 noon)
Heritage Day Long Weekend (July 30 at 7:00 a.m. to Monday, August 2 at 12 noon)
Labour Day Long Weekend (September 3 at 7:00 a.m. to Monday, September 6 at 12 noon).

A complete liquor ban is in effect for Banff area campgrounds for the July, August and September long weekends. The following campgrounds are affected by this ban:

•Tunnel Mountain Village 1
•Tunnel Mountain Village 2
•Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court
•Two Jack Main
•Two Jack Lakeside
•Johnston Canyon
•Castle Mountain
•Protection Mountain

[Yu]
06-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I am also staying at Tunnel Mountain, and yes the alberta parks website says here is a liquor ban in effect from 10pm tonight all the way up until 6:00 am July 5th.

Don't think that is going to stop anyone from drinking though.

illtim3d
06-30-2011, 12:41 PM
can you post a link? i cant find anything about a ban

thanks!

[Yu]
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Strong search, brah.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/banff/visit/visit9c.aspx

Literally typed

"Banff National Park and alcohol"

illtim3d
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
fuck im blind = ( i was at the same page and only saw "Victoria Day Long Weekend (May 21 at 7:00 a.m. to Monday, May 24 at 12 noon)"

thanks tho kind sir

Troll-ol
06-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Liquor bans never stopped me from drinking...

Tomaz
06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
What the hell? Is it the 1930's again? lol

[Yu]
06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
all good, but maybe I will see you there! im at Tunnel Mt. 2. What about you?

Feruk
06-30-2011, 02:01 PM
If they don't want my business, I won't give it to them.

I think it's weak for people to go out and hide the fact they're drinking. If you want this nonsense ban to dissapear, just don't go and they'll understand the cash they're losing. By going you're supporting the ban.

sputnik
06-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
If they don't want my business, I won't give it to them.

I think it's weak for people to go out and hide the fact they're drinking. If you want this nonsense ban to dissapear, just don't go and they'll understand the cash they're losing. By going you're supporting the ban.

I suspect they aren't losing a dime and are only making their lives easier without having to deal with drunken idiots. Tons of families and other people use the Banff campgrounds and appreciate the ban.

The only people I feel sorry for are the couples or families that might want to have a beer or glass of wine with a meal. However it was years of people that have no self control and a broken volume knob that have ruined it for everyone.

Sasuke_Kensai
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm sure there'll be enough families camping this weekend, that any boycott will be akin to throwing a needle at a battleship.

This is based on kananaskis though (never camped in Banff actually), campsites fill up like crazy!

arian_ma
06-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Why don't the just have family campsites and young people campsites. How hard is that?
Also, I never take my ID with me when I go camping.

adidas
06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Better question, why is it that you guys always have to drink when going out into the wilderness or anywhere for that matter? Just curious.

HiTempguy1
06-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Better question, why is it that you guys always have to drink when going out into the wilderness or anywhere for that matter? Just curious.

Because it is a LOT easier to be loud and obnoxious and do stupid shit like light of $300 worth of fireworks than it is in the city?

Case in point, moi; but I am doing it on crown land where nobody will be :thumbsup:

Cos
06-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I suspect they aren't losing a dime and are only making their lives easier without having to deal with drunken idiots. Tons of families and other people use the Banff campgrounds and appreciate the ban.

The only people I feel sorry for are the couples or families that might want to have a beer or glass of wine with a meal. However it was years of people that have no self control and a broken volume knob that have ruined it for everyone.

Werd. I dont go out with my parents because of this. They want quiet. We want some beer and music.

Kavy
06-30-2011, 05:23 PM

I was talking to an owner of red rock saw mills last weekend and he said the campgrounds are losing a tonne of money due to the new fire out at 11pm rules in Banff. He said the liquor bans might have an effect as they are searching cars in some areas and people might not want to go through the delays more then once.

He commented that last year was the lowest grossing year for camp ground revenue in banff and so far this year things are worse off.

(Take this with a grain of Salt he could have been talking out his ass)

I know personally I no longer head to Banff because you have to put your fire out at 11pm, the liquor ban I could really care less about as I have a few beers camping but don't stumble around like a drunken retard.

Unknown303
06-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Long weekends in the parks should have alcohol bans until the end of time. Hate when partying assholes show up and ruin a good night of camping.

If you want drunken loud camping you take it to Mclean or Ghost or something, get away from the places that people take whole families to.

C_Dave45
06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
blah, blah, blah...same old discussion we had a year ago. Old news.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/303262/banff-bans-booze/

J-hop
07-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by [Yu]

Don't think that is going to stop anyone from drinking though.

yea I kinda get the feeling these liquor "bans" are just to give park wardens more control over unruly drinkers. So many times i've been camping and the wardens have given people multiple warnings and been so accommodating to those that don't know how to handle themselves in a public environment.

Its cool to do that in the confines of your own home, but if you want to be rowdy and get shit faced please, do everyone else a favor and don't bother coming out to the campgrounds this weekend, you aren't welcome.

Roarasaur
07-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I was reading this but did anyone notice that that these dates are for 2010? Are you sure that these bans are still in effect for this year, and if so what date? I'll be there on Sunday, and Monday so I MIGHT be able to dodge this..

Abeo
07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Roarasaur
I was reading this but did anyone notice that that these dates are for 2010? Are you sure that these bans are still in effect for this year, and if so what date? I'll be there on Sunday, and Monday so I MIGHT be able to dodge this..

http://www.qr77.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1450929

Looks like no ban for provincial parks

[Yu]
07-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Hmm, can't say I have gone camping anywhere else in Alberta but Banff.

This was the first time I have ever gone on a long weekend, and I must say, the fire ban and liquor ban sure made having fun a lot harder.

That being said, the liquor ban wasn't really the issue, its not like I seeing other shitfaced idiots either, so this wasn't an issue.

The issue was the fire ban at 11pm. All the fun shenanigans that I had previously always happened after dinner. Due to this fire ban, all we were doing was constantly cooking up until 11pm, since my group never stopped eating, haha. By the time we were finally filled, it was "bed time".

I wish they did what they did for us last year, group all the younger campsites into one section, instead we were surrounded by families, and constantly at times where I blurted out a profane word, I felt terrible because there was a 7 year old across our campsite.

arian_ma
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I went camping this weekend at Sibbald; fire till 4 AM and drunk as fuck.

Banff can suck my balls

HiTempguy1
07-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I went camping this weekend at Sibbald; fire till 4 AM and drunk as fuck.

Banff can suck my balls

Agreed, and mission accomplished :clap:

googe
07-04-2011, 07:21 PM

waaaaaa

:cry: