PDA

View Full Version : Sealing grout

D'z Nutz
07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
It's time to do the tiles in the shower again. What have you guys used in the past when it comes to sealing grout? Last time I used that little roller wheel bottle but it was kind of a pain in the ass on walls. Some people recommend the spray bottle but say a lot is wasted cause more ends up on the tiles than between.

Any recommendations?

C_Dave45
07-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
It's time to do the tiles in the shower again. What have you guys used in the past when it comes to sealing grout? Last time I used that little roller wheel bottle but it was kind of a pain in the ass on walls. Some people recommend the spray bottle but say a lot is wasted cause more ends up on the tiles than between.

Any recommendations?

Nah. Just pour it into a bowl/small bucket/whatever and use a sponge and just wipe over everything. Concentrating on soaking the grout joints. Any leftover sealer can just pour back into it's original container.

And just an "FYI"; sealer does not make grout waterproof. It's only for stain resistance.

D'z Nutz
07-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Awesome, thanks Dave!

masoncgy
07-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I once used a small 1/4" artist paint brush and seriously 'painted' all the grout lines with the sealer... 3x to boot...

:thumbsdow :facepalm:

Yeah, don't do that if you want to save time & your sanity.