PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use B-Quiet or RaamAudio sound deadening products?

Muji
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I am looking to order $400-500 in sound deadening products from one of these companies. Price is about the same for my vehicle, all things considered. Looking to do the entire interior other than the roof area.

Anyone have any dealings with these companies or products?:

Lethbridge based:

http://www.b-quiet.com/index.html

USA based (will need to pick up in Montana as no shipping to Canada):

http://www.raamaudio.com/

BlackRadon
07-14-2011, 01:21 AM
I've done my whole wagon with b-quite. Good product.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Messaged you with a alternative that actually works ;)

JZS_147
07-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I've used B-Quiet, still have a roll left in my garage. Works great, but it's super messy to work with.

BlackRadon
07-16-2011, 02:37 AM
I too found it a bit messy, but it was pretty warm out. not that big of a deal really.

eblend
07-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Did my whole car in b-quiet, worked great!

nobb
07-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Are you planning on sound deadening to reduce vibrations from speakers, or to reduce road noise? To reduce road noise, covering your car in only sticky butyl based material wont do that much to absorb high frequency noise...you'll need to absorb the noise too (closed cell foam, mass loaded vinyl or rubber).

I'm looking to sound deaden my new car and my plan is to have a layer of butyl based adhesive > closed cell foam > mass loaded vinyl (or rubber, since that seems easier to source). MLV isnt easy to work with and you'd probably only want to use that on the carpet, trunk, and firewall.

kamakurakid
07-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by nobb
Are you planning on sound deadening to reduce vibrations from speakers, or to reduce road noise? To reduce road noise, covering your car in only sticky butyl based material wont do that much to absorb high frequency noise...you'll need to absorb the noise too (closed cell foam, mass loaded vinyl or rubber).

I'm looking to sound deaden my new car and my plan is to have a layer of butyl based adhesive > closed cell foam > mass loaded vinyl (or rubber, since that seems easier to source). MLV isnt easy to work with and you'd probably only want to use that on the carpet, trunk, and firewall.

Road noise is killing me, trying to turn a Honda into a Buick. I guess I need to add gloves to my list for this project.

This is what B-Quiet sent me as advice, regarding protection from road noise:

I would suggest B-Quiet Ultimate throughout the vehicle (such as in the door panels, rear wall, carpeting...) to control structural borne noises, such as rattles, resonances, vibrations and also to slow the propogation of road/engine/exhaust noise into the cabin.

For even better reduction of road/engine/exhaust noise, I would suggest a layer
of Vcomp over top of the Ultimate on the floor, lower interior firewall and rear cab wall to absorb and block airborne noises.

I would recommend 100 sq. ft. Ultimate and optionally 30 to 40 sq. ft. of Vcomp for your vehicle. You also might consider a sheet of Hliner for under the hood to further reduce engine noise levels inside the cabin.

nobb
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Bumping an old thread to see if anyone has more input on this subject.

Is there a local place to get some of this stuff cheap and in bulk to avoid shipping charges? Closed cell foam looks like it's commonly used as sound absorption on top of a stick on mat...anyone know where to get some of this stuff?

kamakurakid
08-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Nothing I know of, I am driving to Lethbridge sometime before October.

nobb
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Just found a new company...Audio Technix. They seem to have the cheapest Butyl based deadener so I ordered 50 sqft of the 60 mil stuff. Came out to $137 shipped. A comparable product would be B-Quiet Ultimate and for the same area, it would be close to $170 shipped.

Also purchased 100 sqft of jute underlay and also 30 sqft of rubber matting. My plan is to first apply the Audio Technix sheets on any resonating metal piece, then add a few layers of jute on top (with contact cement). Will be doing the doors, floor, rear deck, as much of the firewall as I can, rear quarter panels. Any left overs can go to the trunk. I plan on using the rubber mat on the floor, firewall area, and rear quarter panels since my vehicle has alot of tire noise.

Aiming to turn my Genesis Coupe into a mini Lexus :D

///LOUD LOAD\\\
08-06-2011, 08:22 AM
RHS hands down the most effective deadener on the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVzAnvbRT_8&feature=channel_video_title

Canadian 2.5RS
08-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I have used Raammat in the past and it has worked flawlessly. It has been on my car for 8+ years now and it hasnt sagged or moved since I put it on. I did my whole car and it was cheap and effective. I would recommend it.

:thumbsup:

SportEL
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I have B-Quiet Ultimate. It's worked great to lessen road noise and even the stock stereo sounds so much better. The doors shut nice and solid now.

Installed on both outer and inner door panel.
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q356/SportELR/B-quiet%20Ultimate/B-Quiet002.jpg

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q356/SportELR/B-quiet%20Ultimate/c1846d36.jpg