PDA

View Full Version : Where should we go?

angeltr16
07-04-2011, 09:00 AM
I need a recomendation for where we should eat for our wedding anniversary.

We have a baby that we get to leave with grandma (yay!!) so we would like a place that is quiet (not too quiet but no loud music), we are a meat, potato salad kinda people, so nothing too different. We don't drink, budget is around $50 a person and willing to go anywhere in the city.

The last meal we had that we enjoyed sans baby was Ceasar's steakhouse and enjoyed that.

Thanks!!!

2002civic
07-04-2011, 09:38 AM
red water grille is great for steak, ceasars is great, but I am sure you want to go somewhere different.

theken
07-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Bison in banff.

swak
07-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Saltlik in Banff or in Calgary

LowRiderHD2000
07-04-2011, 10:11 AM
The Ranche in Fish Creek is always a great place to eat.

lilmira
07-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Open Range is good.

Cos
07-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Figured I would bump an old thread instead of making a new one. Want somewhere for this friday. 4 adults and a teenager. Teenager is picky. Hoping to be in the $30-$40 range. Urban Spoon has been a bit of a bitch to use as we would like to stay within a 30 minute drive of Beacon Hill area. I was contemplating the Bears Den but dont know if it is really expensive or a big party place (reviews seem good but all over).

Also I dont want a chain restaurant at all please and thanks. Have been contemplating La Viena.

you&me
07-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Figured I would bump an old thread instead of making a new one. Want somewhere for this friday. 4 adults and a teenager. Teenager is picky. Hoping to be in the $30-$40 range. Urban Spoon has been a bit of a bitch to use as we would like to stay within a 30 minute drive of Beacon Hill area. I was contemplating the Bears Den but dont know if it is really expensive or a big party place (reviews seem good but all over).

Also I dont want a chain restaurant at all please and thanks. Have been contemplating La Viena.

La Viena? On Kensignton Rd? I wouldn't feed their food to my dog! If you're driving all that way, there are much better choices... Red Water was recommended for the OP, and I think that would work for your requirements as well...

Kritafo
07-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I will second the Ranche it's lovely do the virtual tour on the website you will see for yourself.

Cos
07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by you&me

La Viena? On Kensignton Rd? I wouldn't feed their food to my dog! If you're driving all that way, there are much better choices... Red Water was recommended for the OP, and I think that would work for your requirements as well...

I have eaten there a lot and it feels like a chain to me. I will keep it in mind.

Any other suggestions?

Guillermo
07-13-2011, 11:30 AM
where is Beacon Hill? i might be able to offer suggestions, but i have absolutely no idea where that is. :rofl:

Cos
07-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo
where is Beacon Hill? i might be able to offer suggestions, but i have absolutely no idea where that is. :rofl:

Far north central. Sarcee and the Ring Road.

Guillermo
07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
ok, don't know the area at all. what about Blue House,really good and doesn't seem too far away http://www.bluehousecafe.ca/

Cos
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
just booked at red water.... was getting frustrated.

thanks guys

Guillermo
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
also, there is Rea's if you want really good and relatively cheap/informal italian. their service there sucks though, unless you're in a large group.

edit: oops, didn't see above post, have fun!

edit: and redwater??? may as well go to the Keg LOL.

Cos
07-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo

edit: and redwater??? may as well go to the Keg LOL.

I gave up trying. My wife works until 6:30 on Fridays in Beacon Hill hence why I want to go somewhere for 7:00. Will save another restaurant for another night. It is for a special occasion so that is why we were looking for something a BIT classy.

I also usually get horrible service at The Keg in Stadium. The NE Keg is good for service but they really need to renovate it.

Guillermo
07-13-2011, 11:54 AM
I hear ya, you guys will still have a great dinner :thumbsup: