PDA

View Full Version : Flush Mount Turns

swak
07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I just bought a set of hotbodies flush mount turns and am a little iffy on splicing the wiring and re-soldering to make them fit.
Does anyone have any experiences with these flush mount turns and their fittment?
I know Graves makes a plug and play option, but whats your thoughts?

What do you use how does it fit, etc??

03ozwhip
07-04-2011, 09:49 AM
i did it on my first R6, super easy to do man, just take a bit of the casing off and test the wires to make sure theyre the right wires t use, then cut n solder. super easy.

Shlade
07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Im getting the Graves one since im too much of a sissy to do any soldering or touch any electrical wires.. If I do I mine as well throw the bike in the trash then lol

garyb
07-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Im getting the Graves one since im too much of a sissy to do any soldering or touch any electrical wires.. If I do I mine as well throw the bike in the trash then lol

Really?

Shlade
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Ive never really tried many electrical stuff but I dont feel comfortable doing it at all honestly. I wont even touch a deck or try to install one in fears of blowing a fuse or something trying to hook it up.. One of my weaknesses lol..

cort@urbanX
07-05-2011, 05:37 PM
You just need to take out the fuse for whatever you'll be working on and you wont blow anything.

BlkWdwPrelude
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Watsen Design Flush Mounts

Had them on my 636 beauties.

Local too!

swak
07-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Not a big fan of the watsen designs (purely cosmetic reasoning), I've heard great things about them though. Since flush mounts installs is almost purely done for cosmetic reasons, I was looking into hotbodies and graves...
Does anyone have any experiences with graves? I'm really really iffy on splicing the wires still, due to the age of the bike I think is what's holding me back mostly (2009).

Anything else out there?

RiceMonkey
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by swak
Not a big fan of the watsen designs (purely cosmetic reasoning), I've heard great things about them though. Since flush mounts installs is almost purely done for cosmetic reasons, I was looking into hotbodies and graves...
Does anyone have any experiences with graves? I'm really really iffy on splicing the wires still, due to the age of the bike I think is what's holding me back mostly (2009).

Anything else out there?

You should go in R1 forum and chek the different between Watsen and Grave..
Grave=Big Fail
Talking about Flush Mount nothing out there cant even touch Watsen..Done

bjstare
08-09-2011, 09:22 PM
If you want to do it correctly and maintain the factory blink-rate, chances are you're going to need a small resistor to get them to flash at the regular rate. Since flushmount lights typically have a lower impedance than stock lights, the bike's computer will think your bulb is burnt out and you'll get the double-fast signal light. Everything will still work, just a lot faster haha.

That being said, I never put a single resistor in any of my flushmounts, cause I didn't mind the turbo-blink.

Dont worry about giving it a shot though. In this case, trial and error shouldn't hurt anything.