PDA

View Full Version : Feliks Autobody, Calgary, Alberta. TERRIBLE SERVICE

Spatz2
07-04-2011, 01:39 PM
My 2007 STI was hit in Chinook parking lot last Friday July 1, Its a pretty fair size scuff which definitely went through the paint. Luckily I came outside to retrieve my car before the person who hit me had left, so I left them a note on their windshield telling them that they hit me and to please call me, in which they did the next day. I met up with the owner who hit me and she sincerely apologized about scuffing my car and that she would pay for the damage. They asked me to get a couple of quotes at different body shops around the city and to please go to Feliks Autobody shop on 27th ave to because she knows the owner and he might give them a deal.

Today I got up around 9 to go stop by at couple of autobody shops to get estimates. First I stopped by at Marenellos, they were very friendly and got for me in under 5mins. The estimate for the damage was $750.00.

After Marenellos I stopped at Auggies which is just down the street. They were very friendly as well however it was pretty dirty in the main office which made me have second thoughts about getting my car fixed there. They gave me a an estimate of $690 for the repairs.

I went home after Auggies to grab a bite to eat and to give the lady who hit me a call about the recent estimates for my STI. I talked to her for about 5mins and in that time she told me to please go to Feliks Autobody to get an estimate as well and we'd decide after that estimate, so I said fine. I went to computer to grab Feliks addresses and to my dismay one of the first links to pop up on Google was a poor review on beyond about the terrible service a fellow Beyonders mother received while taking her civic to Feliks Auto Body. After skimming through the thread I didnt really want to go to Feliks Auto body after reading the thread however I told the lady who hit me I would so I decided to head there and get a quote anyways.

When I got to Feliks Auto body I was greeted by a nice receptionist and she told me someone would be out to help me in a couple of minutes. A man by the name of Ross came out of the back to give me an estimate. I explained everything that happened with the lady who hit me and her paying for the damages. Ross asked me if I had any other quotes done and I told him yes by Auggies and Marenellos. He very rudely asked to see my other quotes, however I told him I didn't have them, which I didn't and even if I did I wouldn't be showing him because I wanted to get an honest quote from him. He than looked at the scuff and began picking the paint away at it saying its nothing, and that my cars not brand new so I shouldn't bother getting it fixed, and I should stop harassing the other person who hit me, because its half my fault even though I wasn't in the car when the lady hit me. After this snide remark from the asshole I bit my tongue and thanked him for looking at my car and told him that I wouldn't be interest in having him fix my car, and I'd most likely be going to Marenellos to have my car fixed properly.

I've never boycotted a business over the internet however I've never been treated so poorly as a customer in my life. I hope if there ever comes down to a time in any of your lives where your deciding which body shop to go to you completely leave Feliks Auto body out of the question. Thanks for your time.

Mitsu3000gt
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Feliks sounds like a class act haha. Not surprising after that Civic thread. Sounds like this "Ross" character may have known the lady and was trying to help her or something.

IMO, if someone ever hits you, whether it's through insurance or out of their pocket, take it to Maranello and have it done right the first time with zero hassle. It's not your fault, so who cares what the cost is - you deserve to have your car restored as close as possible to it's original state, and shopping around at shady shops to find the cheapest quote is typically not the way to do that.

schocker
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Haha, what an asshole. Sounds like a great shop.

G-ZUS
07-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Haha, what an asshole. Sounds like a great shop.

:werd: :facepalm:

rage2
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Great story about them, as well as the legal proceedings...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/284024/feliks-auto-body-ltd-legally-threatens-to-remove-poor-review/

We actually ended up going to mediation in front of a judge with them on the case. I told them I stand by what our users have said, and that he has shown me sufficient evidence to prove what he said was not libelous, and to see them in court. Their lawyer said that teggypimp was making accusations and wasn't merely stating opinion. He then started reading out quotes from the post, specifically "i think they completly ripped her off" and "MOST PLACES GARANTEE THEIR WORK!!! BUT I GUESS NOT THIS PLACE!!". The judge then stepped in and said the words "think" and "guess" makes it an opinion. Everyone laughs at that lawyer, which apparently isn't good etiquite :rofl:. I couldn't help it, it was the worst lawyer I've personally ever seen in action. Anyways, after 30 mins, judge saw I wasn't going to cut a deal so she set up a court date.

Upon leaving mediation, their lawyer pulled teggypimp aside and asked him how much it would cost to make this "go away". I told my 2 lawyers to offer teggypimp legal advice. Their lawyer said that there's a conflict of interest, and within 2 seconds, both teggypimp and I waved our conflicts.

Their lawyer then explained to me that it'll cost a lot of money to go through the courts for us, and there's no benefit, and that it'd be cheaper to work something out with them right now. I asked what he means, and he said give him a number, he knows what I mean. It wasn't a bribe offer, but I felt it was pretty damn borderline. I was pretty pissed off at this point, and said no. Their lawyer asked me why I was doing this, I told him I'm rich, I don't need their money, and see him in court. It's all about the principal.

I then suggested to teggypimp if he wants resolution, that a fair offer should be for Feliks to refund the money for the work done on his car, and to pay our court costs (I ended up covering teggypimps legal costs at this point). I believe our lawyer passed that information on to their lawyers, and shortly after that, they withdrew from the case.

It was definately one of the more entertaining court cases that I've had haha. I'm glad I have a shitload of awesome lawyers that does amazing work for me, makes things enjoyable when we can actually do what's right and not get bullied around.

JZS_147
07-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I can't believe that shop is still in business after all the bad experiences people have had there...

rage2
07-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh almost forgot, in preparations for going to court with them beyond mediation, our investigators put together quite a bit of detail on the case. We found the fake reviews by hemi/MELICIOUS, and uncovered who she was. Her facebook was open to everyone at the time (it might still be) and we basically downloaded the whole profile, including some of the photos, which were to be submitted as evidence. There were some seriously funny pictures of her that I'd post if they decide to be assholes again. :rofl:

FraserB
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I can't believe that people still try to sue Rage lol.

schocker
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2
There were some seriously funny pictures of her that I'd post if they decide to be assholes again. :rofl:
One can only hope.....
:rofl:

e31
07-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I think I smell the forthcoming dissolution of another shady Calgary auto-related business. In related news, my trusty clairvoyant friend Zoltan said something along the lines of "a shit-phoenix rising from the shit-ashes, to form another numbered corporation in short order, ah hahaha".

Jlude
07-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Wow... so brutal. I would have told the guy to fuck off.

Fuck... Rage2 is the man! That's straight class/integrity right there. :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM
this could get good. damn good.

94boosted
07-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Wow just read through the whole Feliks Autobody storry. Awesome :thumbsup: :rofl:

G-ZUS
07-04-2011, 04:38 PM
This "Ross" character needs govern himself acordingly.

max_boost
07-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Wow just read through the whole Feliks Autobody storry. Awesome :thumbsup: :rofl: :werd:

RY213
07-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Its amazing that Rage will back the members here with his lawyers, class act!

Shlade
07-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Wish I could tell somebody

"hey fuck you, dont need no bribe.. Im Rich BITCH"

revelations
07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Rage2 ... .defender of Web2.0

so

much

win

ekguy
07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
it is nice that Rage2 will back up a member. Most people would not be in the position to be able to fight back something like this.

but in reality this helps more than just the one member, it helps if people find these threads on google and then avoid the shop.

who knows how many people got turned away from that place because of that thread.

Xtrema
07-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Rage2, for justice and lulz.

:rofl:

Sentry
07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
There's been like 10 threads on this shop, why do beyond members keep taking cars there? :rofl:

rage2
07-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by RY213
Its amazing that Rage will back the members here with his lawyers, class act!

Originally posted by ekguy
it is nice that Rage2 will back up a member. Most people would not be in the position to be able to fight back something like this.
To be fair, this case was an exception because Feliks actually went after both of us. It was pretty obvious what Feliks and their lawyer was trying to achieve, and I spoke with teggypimp and got his side of the story, completely backed up with receipts, etc. That and when the lawyer cornered him, I felt bad for him and had to do something. It's more of an exception than the norm, as we don't provide free legal service for posters. We do our best to keep them anonymous, but Feliks had figured out who he was (guessing cuz they only had 10 customers lol).

In normal cases, when we do get the lawyer letters, I speak with the OP, hear them out on their side of the story, pass it to our counsel for approval, and have the OP sign off on what they are saying is in fact the truth, and fight for them on their behalf. If we win, we get costs back from whomever sues us, if we lose, the OP would be on the hook for expenses. That way, we don't get people making stuff up because they would never sign off on such an agreement, and we ensure that if you do get screwed over, you'll be able to tell your side of the story in an open forum. It's worked well for us for years.

Originally posted by ekguy
but in reality this helps more than just the one member, it helps if people find these threads on google and then avoid the shop.
This is exactly why we fight, to ensure that we have an open medium for our members to voice their opinions and fairly review businesses, good or bad.

BigKate
07-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Spatz2

When I got to Feliks Auto body I was greeted by a nice receptionist and she told me someone would be out to help me in a couple of minutes. A man by the name of Ross came out of the back to give me an estimate. I explained everything that happened with the lady who hit me and her paying for the damages. Ross asked me if I had any other quotes done and I told him yes by Auggies and Marenellos. He very rudely asked to see my other quotes, however I told him I didn't have them, which I didn't and even if I did I wouldn't be showing him because I wanted to get an honest quote from him. He than looked at the scuff and began picking the paint away at it saying its nothing, and that my cars not brand new so I shouldn't bother getting it fixed, and I should stop harassing the other person who hit me, because its half my fault even though I wasn't in the car when the lady hit me. After this snide remark from the asshole I bit my tongue and thanked him for looking at my car and told him that I wouldn't be interest in having him fix my car, and I'd most likely be going to Marenellos to have my car fixed properly.

I've never boycotted a business over the internet however I've never been treated so poorly as a customer in my life. I hope if there ever comes down to a time in any of your lives where your deciding which body shop to go to you completely leave Feliks Auto body out of the question. Thanks for your time.

Is this the same Ross we're talking about here? I know a few people who have gone to Felix within the past 6 months and have had nothing but top notch things to say about them and their service. So 2 months ago I was in a minor fender bender and decided to take my car there even after well aware of the past thread on here about them. The receptionist you spoke too btw is Mel, shes incredibly friendly and goes out of her way for her customers. I cant tell you how great she is.

I cant believe Ross would say such a thing to you. The Ross Ive dealt with is friendly, honest and goes the extra way for his customers. He was the first person to take a look at my car and he was so pleasant to talk to. The owner is Felixs son, forgot his name but hes friendly too. Im just in utter shock what im reading.

When I was there I did bring it up to thier attention about the stuff I was reading about them online and they said that it wasnt their fault.

Gabe182
07-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by BigKate

Is this the same Ross we're talking about here? I know a few people who have gone to Felix within the past 6 months and have had nothing but top notch things to say about them and their service. So 2 months ago I was in a minor fender bender and decided to take my car there even after well aware of the past thread on here about them. The receptionist you spoke too btw is Mel, shes incredibly friendly and goes out of her way for her customers. I cant tell you how great she is.

I cant believe Ross would say such a thing to you. The Ross Ive dealt with is friendly, honest and goes the extra way for his customers. He was the first person to take a look at my car and he was so pleasant to talk to. The owner is Felixs son, forgot his name but hes friendly too. Im just in utter shock what im reading.

When I was there I did bring it up to thier attention about the stuff I was reading about them online and they said that it wasnt their fault.

^Thanks Mel that works for Felix.

My Dad uses Felix for his company trucks, lots of work has been done there.

I'll tell my Dad to find someone else. Looks like they just lost a good customer.

SCHIDER23
07-05-2011, 07:27 AM

:rofl: :rofl:
"I see dead people", is what I would said if I believed in fantasy :rofl: :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
07-05-2011, 09:01 AM

:rofl: Oh dear god, this is as transparent as a window.....

"Hi, I work for or am personally related to Feliks Autobody and made up a fake story to make them look good and offset an alleged factual one that made them look bad."

You do realize that enough people on here are smarter than you and can figure out where you wrote this and likely, who you are in real life don't you?

HiTempguy1
07-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

You do realize that enough people on here are smarter than you and can figure out where you wrote this and likely, who you are in real life don't you?

The weirdest thing I find, is that companies actually do this! Clearly, they think their customers are big enough idiots to put up with their bullshit, and they'll fall for this crap as well. Boggles the mind! :nut:

How anybody could take their vehicle to a shop that engaged in such childish antics is beyond me :facepalm:

bignerd
07-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I can't believe they are still posting fake reviews on here after initiating a lawsuit.... stir the pot much?? Seems like they are just asking for trouble.

G-ZUS
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM

SO how many accounts ya got on here?

rage2
07-05-2011, 10:02 AM
To be fair, I think BigKate's comments were genuine, and not affiliated with Feliks.

Xtrema
07-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
I can't believe they are still posting fake reviews on here after initiating a lawsuit.... stir the pot much?? Seems like they are just asking for trouble.

The account is more than a month old. Really doubt that it's created just for this. Especially after the last episode, people can't be THAT stupid.

Tik-Tok
07-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by rage2
To be fair, I think BigKate's comments were genuine, and not affiliated with Feliks.

:werd:

Her other postings indicate she doesn't yet know much of vehicle maintenance, so if she worked at an autobody shop, she sure wouldn't be asking on a forum, where to buy a torque wrench.

Some people can actually have good experiences at apparently horrible shops. That's how horrible shops stay in business.

JRSC00LUDE
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

The account is more than a month old. Really doubt that it's created just for this. Especially after the last episode, people can't be THAT stupid.

Good point and fair enough lol, pretty impeccable timing for a white knight to appear though! :nut:

Maybelater
07-08-2011, 08:22 PM
What I don't understand is why this Ross guy would basically tell you to not bring him work, he must know the person who hit you.

npham
07-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Regardless if BigKate's story is true about receiving "top notch" service, I'm sure as fuck not stepping foot in that place based on what took place to other members. You may have gotten lucky, but I'd rather not risk that. Nor would the majority of other members. Seems like they lost business already from the people avoid them and the one member tell his dad to use another company from now on.

But Mel and co saying it's not their fault is a crock of shit. Why would they pony up and refund teggy's money and pay for legal fees if that wasn't their fault? That's an admission of guilt if I ever saw it.