winson2001
07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
- Ki Modern Japanese + Bar
- 308 4ave SW
- Food rating 0.5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 5/5
- Price 0/5

Food - fish tasted cheap, tuna is super fishy, seaweed on sushis are moist... which is gross, a co-worker need to use her knife to eat her salad, theres a side of a 1/4 of giant bak choy which the menu called as baby-bak choy no cut no cooked, not one on the table ate that, set lunch are super small, grill tunas are super dry, basically everyone plate is garbage. will never go again n will send personal text to all friends and family to warn them of this place. gave it .5 for their tea is drinkable.

Ambience - it looks awesome... which made it worst cuz i had higher then normal expectations when i walk in

Service - one of the best service i have received from a rest. in town. 2 waitresses walks by to check on you every 5 min or less big smile, explains the menu, the whole deal, they try to serve food and drink in fancy ways which i liked.

over all - dont go!

colsankey
07-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I have to say, I had a bachelor party there and dinner another night with friends and our food was AWSOME.

It certaintly might be an issue of an off day or diffrent chef, but everyone at the table liked their meals and we had a variety of rolls, sushimi and "classic" fallbacks like the lamb and beef.

Pricing was mediocre, slightly more expensive on some things than the keg next door, but nothing rediculous for a place downtown.

My experience was honestly more like this:

4.5/5 - food
4/5 - price
5/5 - service
5/5 - atmo: we got our own private room and PVP UFC fights :bigpimp:

:hijack:

ExtraSlow
07-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I went there a few weeks ago, and I wasn't impressed. I would rate it more like:
Food: 3/5 (passable, but not exeptional. )
Ambience: 5/5
Service: 3/5 (was very slow< hopefully just openeing jitters)
Price: 1/5 (would never use my own money here)
Also, they were out of the first two beers I ordered. Why have it on the menu if you aren't going to stock it? That just makes me unhappy.

Overall, I'd give this place a few months before trying it again. It was obvious that the staff hasn't gotten into the grove here yet.

Hope it turns around, as it's near my work.

shadowz
07-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Is this located across from the Shell building?

l/l/rX
07-04-2011, 02:41 PM
beside the keg on 4th ave, sorry don't know where the shell building is.

Thanks for the review was going to try it out this weekend, think i'll wait.

darthVWader
07-04-2011, 03:39 PM
It's in the new Jamieson building 308 4th ave

CaptainReboot
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I can see what they're trying to do here, having a high end sushi restaurant with a nice dining atmosphere

However, if I'm to pay those prices, the fish better be damn good, and to me it wasn't.

supe
07-04-2011, 04:04 PM
OP you should change your .5 to 0.5 to make it more obvious. I had to do a double take on that.

Here is my take:

Food rating 3/5
Ambiance 5/5
Service 5/5
Price 2/5

Ambiance is important because that is generally a constant over time. As the food gets better the value will obviously get better so I would say check this place out in a few months to a year.

An odd thing is there is now 4 sushi restaurants within a few blocks of that location.

Maybelater
07-05-2011, 02:26 AM
They were doing tons of Ads on Kijiji, maybe they are having issues with staff, thus, low quaility food.

JDMMAN
07-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Here's my experience (having gone a dozen times or so due to proximity).

Food rating 3/5
Ambiance 5/5
Service 5/5
Price 1/5

Lots of eye candy in there though!
:thumbsup:

Jerms
07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
My experience

Food rating 2/5
Ambiance 2/5
Service 5/5