PDA

View Full Version : FS - Oil Sampling Pump $20

orion747
07-05-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/Data/Pages/BGs/f6f1c3888753c0adcdc7c5f18846e70f-vacumpump2.jpg

Seen those great Used Oil Analysis reports on car forums like Bob is the Oil Guy? This little gizmo is going to make things easier for those that don't change their oil but are interested in seeing how their engine is doing or are interested in seeing if you can increase your oil change intervals.

I bought two of these by accident from the site and am selling the other unused pump.

Note: This is only for the pump, and does *NOT* include the actual test from Blackstone itself. That is $25 USD. I will include one test kit with this pump, and additional kits can be ordered for free from Blackstone.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php

Sells for $30 - I'll sell this unused extra for $20 just to give it a home and eat the extra costs + shipping.

PM if interested.

- "Holds" are only good for 24 hours, after which it goes to the next guy in line.
- Pickup in Kensington area.
- Cash only.

------
From the Blackstone Lab Website:

One of the benefits of oil analysis is that you can usually get more use out of your oil and go longer in between oil changes. But because all engines wear differently, the only way to tell for sure whether you can do so is to analyze the oil. If you don't want to change the oil in order to get a sample, then you need a hand-operated vacuum pump, which draws a sample up through the dipstick.

Our reusable pump is American-made with durable cast aluminum. When you purchase a pump, we include a length of tubing to thread into the dipstick and draw the sample. You can buy more of this tubing at any hardware store (1/4" refrigerator tubing).

The vacuum created by the pump draws the oil into the sample container. The oil never touches the pump, so you don't need to clean it in between uses. You can either dispose of the tubing with each use, or clean it out with a solvent like kerosene.