PDA

View Full Version : Installing a headunit and speakers in a tent trailer

Sorrik
07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Guys,

I am looking for some advice about hookup up a car stereo and speakers into my tent trailer, the installation is pretty easy thats not the issue.

My question is what kind of options on the deck would I need to be able to hook up a laptop/portable DVD player to it to have the sound come through the deck?

Thanks for the info/feed back

AndyL
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
You might want to rethink one thing first...

Get a marine head unit; you need the splash proof for any kind of RV use (at least if you want it to last any length of time). Condensation is a bitch (never mind rain/frost/dew/drunken friends).

As for the question - you just need an aux input (or just be really easy and get an fm modulator)

silvercivicsir
07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
all the marine stuff I've seen for decks (have a piece of plastic over the top of the deck) don't really see how that will offer much protection.

n1zm0
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Sorrik
My question is what kind of options on the deck would I need to be able to hook up a laptop/portable DVD player to it to have the sound come through the deck?

AUX 3.5 mm out is pretty much it and most decks come with that and a usb nowadays, if none avail, a 2 RCA Male / 3.5mm Stereo Male into the inputs behind the deck and the 3.5 strings out - just take into account for both applications the cord is long enough to reach your laptop/dvd player viewing area. shove that into the laptop or dvd player headphone input and then go nuts.

Sorrik
07-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the info guys!

:thumbsup: