PDA

View Full Version : Telus job.. some dumb questions lol

flamboyant
07-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I recently quit Bell because they wanted me to work 6 days a week or to gtfo. I applied for a Telus job online and got a interview. I think its a call centre job.. Seems like they are interested in hiring me and offer me the second interview. I hear that there is a total of 3 interviews.. What are the other 2 interviews like?

Also it seems like they want me to work long term and full time.. Mondays to Fridays from 11-8pm which means I would have to quit school. Is there anyway to work part time? If there isn't I will just call back and tell them I'm not interested so I won't be wasting their time

brokeass
07-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Did they not ask you what type of hours you want?

You say it seems like they want you to work Monday - Friday 11-8PM. Did they tell you that?

If so you should have been up front with them and tell them what type of position you were looking for.

You can just follow up prior and tell them what you're looking for and see if they can work within your limitations, if not then it's better not to waste theirs nor your time and look somewhere that can be flexible around your schedule

flamboyant
07-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by brokeass
Did they not ask you what type of hours you want?

You say it seems like they want you to work Monday - Friday 11-8PM. Did they tell you that?

If so you should have been up front with them and tell them what type of position you were looking for.

You can just follow up prior and tell them what you're looking for and see if they can work within your limitations, if not then it's better not to waste theirs nor your time and look somewhere that can be flexible around your schedule

Yeah, they asked me if I could work 5 days a week from 11-8 from Mon-Fri

Yup, I should of.. I'm an idiot. I assume it was a call center job because of the cubicles and questions they asked me. Still unconfirmed though if it is a call center job. This was the Telus building in 1st Street SE. I got a bit nervous and stuttered during the interview because I never applied at these places before, but somehow got the second interview this Friday.

I really want to work for them, maybe I could be more flexible with my schedule because this really seems like a opportunity to expand my knowledge in sales and in the technology Telus currently has to offer.

So.. anyone with experience in the second and third interview? and maybe I could also ask the questions I currently have in my mind during the second interview lol

403ep3
07-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I know I got an interview about a year or so ago and didn't get the job. It most likely is a call center job. I had 5+ years in phone sales too! I did the computer testing than the first interview. Not sure if they changed the process though!

variance
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by flamboyant

I assume it was a call center job because of the cubicles and questions they asked me. Still unconfirmed though if it is a call center job.

when they asked you to come into the interview, or when you saw the job posting, did it not say what the job title you would be applying for is?

Mar
07-07-2011, 11:07 AM
This is all part of the interview process, it's not just them interviewing you to see if you're a fit, it's you interviewing them to see if they're a fit for you. When you go into the next interview and the opportunity comes up, ask them what the hours are like and if there would be any way to work around your schedule.

03ozwhip
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
11-8 is a shitty shift no doubt, but its 5 days a week mon-fri. i work for Telus and i wish i was mon-fri, so youre lucky you were offered that shift, mind you the people(like me) who work shift work with Telus make more.

Barlow
07-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I know I was offered a job, it was a part time job, but i would need to make myself available for 8 weeks full time training.

to say the least, I wanted a part time job cause i already had a job and school.

I had to decline the offer.

Not sure if this helps!

Barlow

leftwing
07-08-2011, 09:56 AM
definitely don't quit school for a call centre job at telus.

sevewone
07-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah I work for Telus im Tue-Sat, but im not in an office. Mon - Fri is hard to get. The location your talking about is where they dispatch as well as close off/ reschedule jobs for me. I always chat it up with the people on the phone just for shits and most the time they sound like there not having that great of a time hahah. Sure you can move up but its going to be a VERY slow process.

And when you say Call center do you mean Technical support, or literally just phoning people trying to advertise for Telus? If its technical support I would do it as that's a pretty cushy job, if its not that I would say dont do it.

GQNammer
07-08-2011, 01:02 PM
To answer the OP's question, the interview process is like this (if you're going for a call centre position).

1. Apply online, get a phone call if Telus is interested.

2. Go to their interview centre (i think it's the building downtown). They make you do tests for about 2 hours. These tests consist of typing+listening skills, problem solving basic questions, problem solving in real situations at a call centre, personal beliefs. If you do well, they'll schedule you for a 3rd interview.

3. So 3rd interview is more one on one, face to face with their hiring agents. That's where the 'real' interview starts. Get ready to answer specific questions regarding real customer concerns. Also make sure you remember how you answered your online application because they'll ask you the same questions again to make sure there's no discreptency. So if you fibbed on your online app, just remember how you answered them :)

Good luck!