PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Possible illegal imports of Skyline R32's

switch
01-19-2004, 01:40 PM
From JNS Imports inc.

Warning! Possible illegal imports of Skyline R32's

Due to the claims of recent sightings of Nissan Skyline R32's in the past number of months on the streets of Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg, we're sending this notice to our JNS Club members to alert you of possible illegal imports of these vehicles so you don't unknowingly purchase an illegally imported vehicle.

According to the CCRA, it is the responsibility of the importer to ensure that the vehicle being imported meets all the legal requirements to import that vehicle. Thus, despite the fact that Canada Customs somehow allows a vehicle, which does not meet all the legal requirements for importation, to be imported into Canada, that vehicle is still considered to have been illegally imported. Similarly, if falsified or fraudulent documents were used to import a vehicle, that vehicle is considered to have been illegally imported.

Please note that JNS Imports Inc. ensures that each vehicle we import into Canada meets all import regulations and has obtained all legal documentation for the vehicle being imported. Our customers will also receive the proper documents required for registering an imported vehicle.

You should be aware that illegally importing a vehicle is a federal offence. If the authorities determine that you are in possession of an illegally imported vehicle, the vehicle will be confiscated without compensation of any sort, and an appropriate federal investigation will be launched. Any time the vehicle is being registered, there is a probability that its illegal import status may be discovered.

The CCRA states that vehicles must be 15 years or older in order to import them into Canada. This is based on the year and month of manufacture.

Since Skyline R32 GTS-t's were first manufactured starting in May 1989, they are not eligible for import until May 2004.

Similarly, Skyline R32 GT-R's were first manufactured starting in Aug 1989, so they are not eligible for import until Aug 2004.

Please be conscious of the repercussions that illegal vehicle imports could have on the vehicle import industry in general. If the CCRA and Transport Canada determine that there are problems involving illegally imported vehicles, they could decide to put stricter vehicle import regulations into place, which could make it more difficult and/or more costly to import vehicles into Canada.

JAYMEZ
01-19-2004, 01:43 PM
that aint good

Seanith
01-19-2004, 02:24 PM
hehe i was just about to post this ;)

Gotrek
01-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Funny I thought I saw a black R-32 in Winnipeg last year and remember thinking mmm, mst be from the US. Guess not.

T5_X
01-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Fucking buraucrats :guns:

Forcefed
01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Does it really matter that much? I mean seriously a car is a Fuk'n car....I think this 10 year rule is shit...but what i wouldnt do for a gtr:drool:

88CRX
01-19-2004, 05:36 PM
umm... theres a ton of cars that have been imported by illegal means

buh_buh
01-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Forcefed
Does it really matter that much? I mean seriously a car is a Fuk'n car....I think this 10 year rule is shit...but what i wouldnt do for a gtr:drool: I don't know what kind of math your doing but its 15 years.

I think most of the Skyline spottings are fake anyways.