Year : 1988
Make and Model : 944 Turbo
Exterior Color : Black
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 203k
Location of Vehicle : Kincora, Calgary NW
Description :
I traded for this car last fall, and have had it on the road for only a short while. The thought of obtaining a car which has beat a Ferrari F430 and 997 911 Turbo at Race City was just too interesting to turn down.

But I'll be honest and say this isn't exactly what I was looking for, so I am selling it to make room for a convertible that is not such a beast, and/or to pay for my wedding.

This is the Eurospec model, so no ugly rubber protrusions on the rear bumper, corner markers and side moulding delete. Very rare sunroof delete option.

Makes 448whp and 420ft-lb torque on a Dynojet with 94 octane. Capable of over 500whp on race gas. Hands down one of the fastest you'll find - at any price. Gas mileage depends on how you drive it. At lower RPMs and with little turbo use the 2.5l is surprisingly efficient. Lay into it everywhere (which would be a crazy/stupid thing to do anyway) and you'll be guzzling premium at a rate that will make environmentalists weep.

Condition: This car is not perfect, but very good for an 88. Inside, there are tiny cracks in the dash vents like all 944's(which you can't really see anyway), and a gouge on the side panel in the back seating area. The seats show some lines, but no rips or wear-through. For the age, I'd rate it a solid 9. Outside, there is no rust (even the underbody is very clean), but does have a couple of flaws... the most obvious of which is the front wheel lip a little bent from the coupe of times the previous owner took it to the track. I'd rate it around an 8.5.

944s can be pricey to fix, but rest assured that almost all potential issues have been addressed on this car. Almost every single electronic piece in the engine bay has been replaced: alternator, crank/speed sensors, spark plugs, wires, coil, distributor and cap, power steering pump, TPS, etc. New fuel filter. The clutch has been replaced, as has the head gasket and timing belt - only a few hundred k ago. These three are all expensive fixes, and have already been done.

The only thing I would consider doing at this point is replacing the underhood fuel lines with a new set, as they are starting to get old and hard. It's $100 kit and less than an hour of labour. The lines run over the valve cover and if they were to leak it could potentially cause a fire. If it wasn't for that fact, I'd probably just leave them be since they still work absolutely fine with no leaks.

The air conditioner is disconnected - but all other electronics work.

The steering and suspension feels like new.

I have over $15,000 worth of receipts and service invoices to prove the work, as well as dyno sheets to prove the power. Taking a gigantic loss on the car.

Performance parts list:
Lindsey Racing MAF Conversion
Lindsey Racing Super 61 Turbo P Trim
Lindsey Racing Dual Port Wastegate
Spec Stage 2 Clutch + Lightened Flywheel
944 Turbo Cup Clutch Fork
55 lb injectors wired with the proper resistors
Custom Tuned chips
Hallman Manual Boost Controller
Fabspeed Catbypass/Downpipe
Speedforce Racing/Borla Catback Exhaust
Cometic MLS Headgasket + Lindsey Racing Cam Gaskets
Snow Performance Methanol Injection Kit
Magnacore High Performance Wires
Innovate LC1 Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge and Sensor
968 M030 Swaybars
Schnell Short Shifter (not installed)
Staggered 997 turbo style wheels with much wider tires than stock.
Can also throw in staggered lightweight Enkei wheels as well if the price is right.
There is more to this performance list, but it is pretty impossible to keep track of everything.

I may consider full or partial trades, but as I'm already taking a loss here I'm not going to take another loss by overpaying for your trade. I also cannot add cash. In particular I'm looking for slightly more docile convertibles like a Z4 3.0, 2001+ BMW M roadster, TT 225 roadster, Boxster S, 97+ SL500/600, SLK32 or even a C5 Corvette vert. I may also consider an offroad-capable 4-door worth up to 8-9k.

Now, the really important stuff:
1) I am flexible on the price, but will not sell this for several thousand less than my asking price. Please be realistic with offers - I have 15k in receipts so at 13.5k we're not even covering the parts. Please only contact me if you are truly interested, and have the money. Please don't waste my time, and I won't waste yours.

2) I WILL NOT SELL THIS CAR TO MINORS. I don't even care if you have parental consent - you will not own this car.

Asking Price : 13,500

http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/944-1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/944-2.jpg

Additional Photos Here (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/27814534224-1310326279-39037/278145/)

Kloubek
07-27-2011, 02:26 PM
$13,200 for Beyond members.

Keep in mind I have over 15g of receipts, so you're buying a lot of parts and getting a free car!

Kloubek
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
How is this not selling? I thought you guys were car enthusiasts!

Simply will not find a faster car for the money. At least, not a LHD.

12,900. I need to pay off my wedding.

sabing
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Kloubek
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
^I'm sure your comment was wicked.

$12,400. Don't think I can go much lower....

rob the knob
08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
do you have any more pictures of the car? non-stylish, plain type photos.
also, any information on who or shop that build the car?

BananaFob
08-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob
do you have any more pictures of the car? non-stylish, plain type photos.
also, any information on who or shop that build the car?

I built the car with a lot of help from local shops very knowledgeable on 944's and Lindsey Racing who is arguably the best tuner out there for these cars. If Kloubek says its ok on this thread, I wouldn't mind answering technical/build questions via PM on his behalf.

Kloubek
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Fine by me, A. - as long as it doesn't get you docked under the naziesque marketplace rules. :) I would think that legit questions and answers shouldn't be a major issue...

As for pictures - I put a link under the pics in the first post: "Additional Photos Here". They were just snapshots in my driveway.

$12,200. This is my final price drop, and worth every penny - the thing has almost 50% more in receipts alone!

Kloubek
09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Sold. I am really surprised it was not to a Beyond member - I would have figured you guys would be all over this...

Sentry
09-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).