PDA

View Full Version : Is it Stampede admission really free before 8 AM? Or am I on drugs...

Chojo
07-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, I've heard from friends that entrance is free before 8 AM. I thought they meant just for Family Day (which was today), but when I asked them about it, they said it applied.... everyday?

Here's another website that supports this... http://www.calgary-travel-guide.com/calgarystampede.html

But I can't find any official statement on the Calgary Stampede website about whether this is really true.

So Beyonders... what's the verdict? Am I out to lunch? LOL... :nut:

SlickA70
07-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Before 7, are you new to Calgary?

Chojo
07-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SlickA70
Before 7, are you new to Calgary?

So it's actually before 7? Oh boy....

And hahaha... yes... I suppose I am new to Calgary... if by new you mean being here for 20 years....

I'm so clueless :rofl:

adidas
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Only thing worth going to stampede for is the mini donuts, otherwise same shit, different year.

SlickA70
07-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I heard it was only today, Wednesday and Sunday.

Maybelater
07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Only thing worth going to stampede for is the mini donuts, otherwise same shit, different year.

I forgot about those mmmm

civic_stylez
07-11-2011, 07:52 AM

The only reason i go!!

Disoblige
07-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Family Day is free for all (yesterday).
Kids Day is free for those accompanied with a kid (Wednesday).
And there is also Seniors (Heritage) Day.

That's it.

SilverGS
07-11-2011, 08:17 AM

I suppose but at least it's different from your regular routine the other 365 days of the year.

I thought it used to be free early morning but thought they changed it a few years ago.

I know they used to let people in free starting around 11pm for the last hour or so but stopped that as well about 5 years ago.

CaptainReboot
07-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Is it still free after 11pm? I remember it used to be like this.

I just wanna run in late and grab a corn dog.

adidas
07-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
Is it still free after 11pm? I remember it used to be like this.

I just wanna run in late and grab a corn dog.

Walked out at 11:20ish from the chuck-wagon/grandstand show on Saturday and all ticket booths were closed. All of the concessions, games and such were still running.

dr_jared88
07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SilverGS

I suppose but at least it's different from your regular routine the other 365 days of the year.

You have 366 days in your year? Unless you only go on leap years haha.

Disoblige
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Free after 12 am, for those people going to Nashville North.

Outdoor food/Midway closes at 12, but I seen in *SOME* years on the last day, they push it past 12. One year I remember it was almost 12:40 and it was still running on the last day, which I thought was neat.

G-ZUS
07-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I remember I tried to go in around 12 AM a couple years but they wouldn't allow us in. i want some minidonuts

SilverGS
07-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

You have 366 days in your year? Unless you only go on leap years haha.

lol ya got me. Math fail.. I did notice but didn't bother to fix it lol. Could also just of put 365 - how many times you go to stampede :)

Yeah they closed off the late night free quite a few years ago. I thought morning was also closed off so basically no freebies other than those 3 days mentioned and one is only for people 65+.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez

The only reason i go!!

Same.

SilverGS
07-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Same.

There are a few places to get mini donuts most of the year not just stampede

clem24
07-11-2011, 02:16 PM
It *used* to be free before 8, but you'd have to hang around with nothing to do for 2 hours. Best was to sneak in before the front gates open, and then get hand stamped and come back later.

But this year (actually, started last year), they've totally stepped up security. This morning I was there before 7 (was volunteering) and they already had security manning the gates. So really not sure how early you have to get up to save yourself a few bucks. Not worth it anymore..

And just to add, had a corn dog today. It was the worst one yet. The batter was THICK AS HELL and the wiener shrinks every year. That and the quality of the dog (not that it was great to begin with) seems to be going down every year as well. Either that or I am getting old hahaha.