PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CA articling position starting in May 2012

blibbertibs
07-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Beyonders,

I'm planning on moving to Calgary after the 2012 tax season and was wondering how to go about finding a CA articling position in Calgary. In Edmonton, I did everything through a site called PlacePro with a UofA access code. Is there something similar in Calgary?

tenth
07-24-2011, 10:16 AM
New hire, or do you have experience already (since you're mentioning 2012 tax season and prior recruiting)?

For new starts, the big 4 ordinarily hire full-time in September and January. CA recruiting season is September/October (applications due in September), and I think all of the mid-big Calgary firms will travel to Edmonton to recruit.

If you're an experienced hire, check CA Source, each of the firms websites (apply to anything close to what you want), and call the firms' general numbers and ask to talk to the person in charge of experienced hire recruiting. May will probably be a tough time to get on, but anything's possible.

DUBBED
07-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm with KPMG, we're almost always hiring experienced people. Check out the website.

black_2.5RS
07-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I also work at another big 4. If you're an experienced candidate and looking to move, PM me.