PDA

View Full Version : physics 369 instructor question

turab16
07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
hey guys I am registering for physics 369 for next year and I have an option to choose

Alfredo Amado Louro

or

David J Knudsen.

Who is a good professor to take this course. If you can help me out that would be awesome.

Thanks

dirtsniffer
07-12-2011, 11:21 PM
knudsen hands down, good notes and interesting stories/examples

dandia89
07-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
knudsen hands down, good notes and interesting stories/examples

soccernut
07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Louro was not very good for me. Notes were absolute garbage when there were any. He just stands there and talks all the time.

Little Dragon
07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
^ Damn! I'm forced to take Louro.

WithTheLightsOn
07-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I had Louro for two courses back when I was a physics major, and I didn't think he was that bad. Nothing exceptional, but fairly decent overall. His notes were quite simplistic and straight to the point. The lectures easily went off on a tangent with him telling us about cool physics stories which I thought were interesting, though I can see how a class filled with people not majoring in physics might think otherwise. He usually covered few examples in class, but it was ok since we did a lot of them in our tutorials.
The worst thing about Louro is that he was generally unreliable. He would be regularly late for class and would take forever to return our midterms (I'm talking months here :rolleyes: ).

For phys 369, I don't think it matters what lecture you register for since they all run at the same time so you could just switch to another prof if you wanted to. Unless you don't mind the 8 am lab, you could just sign up for Louro's lecture to snatch an afternoon lab and attend Knudsen's class.