PDA

View Full Version : Need a Suit tailor

DonJuan
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Any reccomendations for a good tailor in Calgary? I bought some new high end suits and need some cuff adjustments and maybe a collar on one and of course pants hemmed.

First problem is I need em done by next week Tuesday. (July 17)

Anybody know of any reputable tailors that they trust? and work fast?

ronaldo
07-13-2011, 10:56 PM
http://lilysfashion.biz/default.aspx

She's located in Crowfoot, does great work and can usually work with tight schedules

DonJuan
07-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Thx man, I dropped it off on Friday. Lets see how it turns out.

arcticcat522
10-04-2022, 07:57 PM
Thx man, I dropped it off on Friday. Lets see how it turns out.

BUMPPPP.......did this work out for you? I have 3 suits I need to see how much bigger they can make....I know itihht not be worth while, but would like to ask. Open to suggestions...

andyg16
10-05-2022, 08:09 AM
Henry has been my go to for almost 10 years, give him a shot. He's located in the plaza on the corner of heritage and McLeod.

T-Dubbs
10-05-2022, 08:14 AM
in the past I've used:
https://umbertocustomtailor.com
He's across the street from Bow valley square downtown.

msommers
10-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Huey Lam

DonJuan
10-05-2022, 11:18 AM
BUMPPPP.......did this work out for you? I have 3 suits I need to see how much bigger they can make....I know itihht not be worth while, but would like to ask. Open to suggestions...

Yep the guy in Crowfoot worked great for this one. I've since had some work done in Creekside Alterations and Repairs. She does good work, but takes her time and have heard that she doesn't like to be rushed. So maybe don't take it to her for a rush job.

bjstare
01-19-2024, 02:42 PM
Bump, any recent recommendations, specifically in the SW? 89coupe do you have a go-to in this neck of the woods?

It doesn't need to be completed in a timely manner, but I really care about it being done well. I don't want a hack wrecking my expensive clothes.

beyond_ban
01-19-2024, 02:49 PM
If you can make it downtown to Bankers hall, World of Vici does a great job and tailors a large portion of the Flames players suits. The owner, Matt Eaton, is a great guy and easy to work with.

https://worldofvici.com/

Edit: Also recommend grabbing a bamboo dress shirt or two, super comfortable, durable and just require hang to dry after a wash.

Euro_Trash
01-19-2024, 03:24 PM
If you can make it downtown to Bankers hall, World of Vici does a great job and tailors a large portion of the Flames players suits. The owner, Matt Eaton, is a great guy and easy to work with.

https://worldofvici.com/

Edit: Also recommend grabbing a bamboo dress shirt or two, super comfortable, durable and just require hang to dry after a wash.

Any idea what they start at? They were at a golf tournament last year as a hole sponsor, seemed like a good group

beyond_ban
01-19-2024, 03:56 PM
I think they are around $1-1.2k starting range for the more staple fabrics. Great guys for sure and have grown a lot over the last few years. They do custom shoes and hats as well, if that's your thing.

89coupe
01-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Bump, any recent recommendations, specifically in the SW? 89coupe do you have a go-to in this neck of the woods?

It doesn't need to be completed in a timely manner, but I really care about it being done well. I don't want a hack wrecking my expensive clothes.

Sorry, I wear a suit once a year.

Was altered at Harry Rosen :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
01-20-2024, 08:32 AM

You gotta tag all the engineers if you want the goods on playing dress up. They have to trade in the khakis and polo tops once a year for the ring polishing ceremony.

ThePenIsMightier
01-20-2024, 09:20 AM
You gotta tag all the engineers if you want the goods on playing dress up. They have to trade in the khakis and polo tops once a year for the ring polishing ceremony.

That's not even how it works. Other members end up polishing them during the Dutch Rudder Thursday Semenar (just before Good Friday) and the Midsummer Night's Cream Cockring Exchange Social in July.

*no Software Engineers allowed and all other pretend "PL.Eng" whatevers will be Weak Bottoms (not Power Bottoms).

JRSC00LUDE
01-22-2024, 09:04 AM
That's not even how it works. Other members end up polishing them during the Dutch Rudder Thursday Semenar (just before Good Friday) and the Midsummer Night's Cream Cockring Exchange Social in July.

*no Software Engineers allowed and all other pretend "PL.Eng" whatevers will be Weak Bottoms (not Power Bottoms).

Thank you for correcting me, I came here to learn.

skandalouz_08
01-23-2024, 10:05 PM
Any other tailor recommendations in the SW or outside of downtown?