PDA

View Full Version : Out-of-Province Inspection needed with window tint

heizervr6
07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Yes, I realize this is another window tint thread and that tint on the front side windows is illegal. What I still want to know is if there are any places in Calgary that are a little more lenient on front window tint when doing OOP inspections (espcially if its not super dark). If anyone has any tips, please PM me. If everyone out there is too strict and won't do it then I guess I'll just wing it and if it fails, peel it off and go back to I can pass...

TIA

:)

4DoorGTZ
07-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Roll them down and chance it, or disconnect the switch.

heizervr6
07-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, that thought briefly occurred to me as well but I wasn't sure if windows needed to be functional or not.

2Legit2Quit
07-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Take it to smaller shops or find someone off Kijiji. If you take it to Kal or crappy tire for the inspection they'll probably fail you unless you randomly get lucky.

heizervr6
07-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Never thought to check on Kijiji, I'll definitely do that.

I appreciate all the great suggestions from everyone!

94boosted
07-14-2011, 08:18 AM
So long as you don't have your windshield tinted I don't think beyond cares about driver/pass windows tinted :rofl:

Like 2Legit2Quit said you should be able to find someone from Kijiji that will do it.

chkolny541
07-14-2011, 06:39 PM
i dont even know how many threads there are on crooked OOP shops, search around!

Duckman
07-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Any tech in any shop that knowingly certifies a non-compliant vehicle for an OOP, written off or CVIP inspection is asking for a world of hurt.
You are asking an individual to risk having not only their inspection license yanked but the shop's as well and risking huge fines so you can save a couple of hundred dollars getting your windows redone?

What kind of fucking douche are you? Would you jeopardize your livelihood for a few dollars? Do you realize that an OOP inspection is a legal document that the inspector is swearing to?

Make your piece of shit legal then get it inspected. After that, tint the fucking windows in the parking lot before you leave if you want but don't potentially fuck someone's life because you're a cheap ass.

nismodrifter
07-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Duckman
Any tech in any shop that knowingly certifies a non-compliant vehicle for an OOP, written off or CVIP inspection is asking for a world of hurt.
You are asking an individual to risk having not only their inspection license yanked but the shop's as well and risking huge fines so you can save a couple of hundred dollars getting your windows redone?

What kind of fucking douche are you? Would you jeopardize your livelihood for a few dollars? Do you realize that an OOP inspection is a legal document that the inspector is swearing to?

Make your piece of shit legal then get it inspected. After that, tint the fucking windows in the parking lot before you leave if you want but don't potentially fuck someone's life because you're a cheap ass.

^Ignorant douchebag response with no logic.

Is he holding a gun to the techs head to make them pass it with tint? No.

Is the tech responsible for his own actions? Yes.

If the tech chooses to knowingly pass a vehicle to make a buck it is his own damn fault. Not the OP's.

:facepalm:

heizervr6
07-17-2011, 06:04 PM
^^^ Bingo, thanks.

luxor
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Duckman

:facepalm:

Get your sandy vag cleaned.