PDA

View Full Version : Review: Sociale

dandia89
07-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm posting on behalf of my brother who wanted to share his opinon.

"Went to sociale bar & grille on 6th ave and 1st street.

0/10 Overall

Service: Unfortunately a racist establishment. I was bringing clients to Sociale since I heard it was a hot spot in Calgary, however my colleague and myself (who are east Indian) got charged $10 cover. My Caucasian colleagues got charged $5 cover, and when I confronted the individual charging cover she said she was friends with my colleagues...little did she know those were my clients and they never heard of Sociale! We eventually got our money back after waiting for 5 minutes, and when we did get our money back we were greeted with a comment of "here take your money and get out of my face". I talked to management (Clara) Monday explaining how unprofessional their actions were and I was met with insults and excuses. For instance, I probably got charged a premium because my clients were better looking? I did not hear any accountability or fixes to the problem. Only excuses....still haven't heard back from them yet either."

max_boost
07-14-2011, 11:26 AM
A lot of the clubs are like that. :werd:

arian_ma
07-14-2011, 11:46 AM
:rofl: you ugly you gotta pay, what a motto.

mr2mike
07-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Having deja vu of Tantra's fiasco a few years ago.

dandia89
07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
:rofl: you ugly you gotta pay, what a motto.
right over your head

jsn
07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Last time we went, we got charged 5 dollars. It's a pretty crappy night club though IMO. Pretty quiet when we went.

arian_ma
07-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by dandia89

right over your head
Nah, I think it is the other way around.

dandia89
07-14-2011, 12:12 PM
ya he said it was pretty quiet too

dandia89
07-14-2011, 12:12 PM
double post

Neil4Speed
07-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jsn
Last time we went, we got charged 5 dollars. It's a pretty crappy night club though IMO. Pretty quiet when we went.

At least you saved 5 Bucks because your good looking! no homo

max_boost
07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jsn
Last time we went, we got charged 5 dollars. It's a pretty crappy night club though IMO. Pretty quiet when we went. Stampede week and West Patio. Sociale use to be lined up down the block.

jsn
07-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Makes sense haha.

BigShow
07-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
I was bringing clients to Sociale since I heard it was a hot spot in Calgary...

Yea, 5 months ago.

LongCity
07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Stampede week and West Patio. Sociale use to be lined up down the block.

That's because they wanna make the place seem bumpin'... But once you get inside it's pretty damn empty.

max_boost
07-18-2011, 02:53 AM
This place was such a gong show on the weekend. First they had two lines going in separate directions, then everyone with stamps or buddies crowding the bouncers were in the middle. There was absolutely no coordination. I was at the front and waited 45 minutes to get in. :nut: They said they were at capacity so I figure the place was just insanely busy. Apparently there was a fire marshal there doing a head count so they couldn't let anyone in.

Anyway, after I get in, the place is maybe 50% full.

LMAO!!! :banghead:

I didn't have to pay cover so I guess that was a plus. The bouncer was actually really nice but the procedure to get in was just nuts. To get over it, just double fist doubles all night long.

BTW, my friends were all Chinese who went earlier than me and had to pay $10 cover. Maybe the white folks only paid $5. haha

gatorade
07-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
A lot of the clubs are like that. :werd:

In Calgary that is, you talk about racist shit like that to people from Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver etc... and they don't believe it.

KandabashiDevil
08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Fuck this place, and anyone who works there.

The retard bouncer's and dried up bartenders really ruin this place. After having some of my colored friends encounter difficulty entering on a night where it was slow, we walked out on our tab.
Not like the bitch serving us was enough of a reason, but the high school drop-outs at the front door really need to lose their attitude. Telling an immigrant over 40 years old that his passport isn't sufficient is fucking bullshit.

Sociale tries to be a posh, high-end club. It's just another wannabe bar. Almost everyone that works there has been whoring the bar scene for far too long, and should really make this their last stop.

gqmw
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
Fuck this place, and anyone who works there.

The retard bouncer's and dried up bartenders really ruin this place. After having some of my colored friends encounter difficulty entering on a night where it was slow, we walked out on our tab.
Not like the bitch serving us was enough of a reason, but the high school drop-outs at the front door really need to lose their attitude. Telling an immigrant over 40 years old that his passport isn't sufficient is fucking bullshit.

Sociale tries to be a posh, high-end club. It's just another wannabe bar. Almost everyone that works there has been whoring the bar scene for far too long, and should really make this their last stop.

how did you walk out on your tab? didn't you have to give id or a cc on file to start the tab?

lol I went inside once, had guestlist and just went to grab a stamp in case we wanted to drop by later. Didn't end up going back, but making people line up with it being empty inside :thumbsdow

gatorade
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
This place used to have lineups down the block and they would also make people wait in line even though it was half empty, now its dead and nobody goes there, I'm glad this place only lasted a few months.