PDA

View Full Version : Help! only my tweeters are working?

shoe_king
07-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I have a mazda protege 5 with an aftermarket alpine stereo. The car has speakers in both the front and rear doors and little tweeters on the pillars by the side mirrors.

Sound is only coming from the tweeters and nothing at all from the door speakers. I could not find any blow fuses and have played with the deck settings to no avail.

Help!!

(If its any connection the cigarette lighter does not work either, not sure if its the actual lighter or the internals)

slinkie
07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
I'd take it to audio concepts

triplep
07-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Did you hook up to the proper output lines from the rear of the stock deck when you installed the original?

Not sure exactly what it could be but there is a few things.

1) The speakers have a factory cross over, and when you hooked your deck up, you tapped into the wrong place. I know I did this when I did my install, and hand the same issue. I had to make sure that the factory cross over was grounded and plugged in and that solved all my issues.

2) The factory cross over needs power, if you just used the hookups and didn't feed any power into the line it might not be turning on the cross over. I had a car with amps at the speakers (old school infinity speakers) and when I originally ran the wires I had no sound come from the door speakers. I found that the reason this happened was because there was no power being supplied to the factory amps, so what I had to do was feed the remote signal (blue wire) into the signal line of the speakers and everything worked great.

Do you have a schematic of the speaker set up for your mazda? If you did, I could take a look at it.