PDA

View Full Version : LF: Application Engineers for Controls & Safety Systems

freshprince1
07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
We're a global vendor of Control and Safety systems with a large office in Calgary. In this region we work primarily with Oil and Gas clients, but we also have significant installs in Gas Processing, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper and Manufacturing.

We're looking for Engineers with experience in the Automation and Safety industry. Experience with DCS, SIS and PLCs required (i.e. Emerson, Honeywell, ABB, Foxboro, Siemens etc controls and safety systems).

If you've got some experience, let me know.

Nate
07-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I may know a few people looking. What is the position for? Is it just sales as you are a vendor? Where is the office located?

Disoblige
07-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

We're looking for Engineers ...

freshprince1
07-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Nate
What is the position for?...Where is the office located?

We're looking for Engineers...

SE Calgary.

hollowscar
07-21-2011, 12:50 AM

SE Calgary.

I have a diploma in Industrial Instrumentation Engineering Technology, and did do some programming on DCS and PLC's while in school. I can also eventually get my journeymans in both Electrician and Instrumentation, so please let me know.

My email is [email protected]

chris
07-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't give Nate a hard time, he had a legitimate question. We want engineers isn't very specific, especially at a vendor. It seems like you're looking for technicians though. You might get more accurate interest if you post the position title(s) or what you're looking for.

I'm going to journey a guess that this is for positions at Spartan as they were recently recruiting through my class like mad men.

Disoblige
07-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Not really giving him a hard time. Just wanted to provide clarification to OP's intended post, and sometimes the most efficient way is to highlight or reiterate what has been already stated.

Not trying to be rude, so I want to make that clear. :)

HiTempguy1
07-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Not really giving him a hard time. Just wanted to provide clarification to OP's intended post, and sometimes the most efficient way is to highlight or reiterate what has been already stated.

I am also an Instrumentation Engineering Technologist and am curious if you are strictly looking for engineers?

freshprince1
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in responding. I went on vacation for a while and then things got pretty busy around here...and I kind of forgot about this thread.

I apologize if the description was somewhat ambiguous. To answer a few things:

- We are not Spartan Controls, they are a distributor for one of our competitors. We have a distributor for our instrumentation.

- We house our own engineering department. Most are Electrical engineers, who have gotten into instrumentation, controls, turbomachinery...etc.

- An instrumentation engineering ceritification might be applicable...I'm not entirely sure.

If you're interested in more info, send me your resume and contact number and we'll go from there. PM for email.

Thanks guys, hope you're having a great summer.