PDA

View Full Version : my friend needs help on ticket!

el-nino
01-19-2004, 08:23 PM
my friend gota seatbelt ticket for $115 for improperly wearing a seatbelt. However, she was wearing the seatbelt but with the strap behind her back instead of accross her torso. the cop was gonna give her a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt but when she told the cop that she was wearing a belt he gave her the other ticket instead. she is gonna fight it on thursday but she doesn't know what to say. anyone?

04blackMAX
01-19-2004, 08:25 PM
go to to the JP man, downtown.....he will fix yeah up...does everytime for me

el-nino
01-19-2004, 08:35 PM
jp man? justice of peace? the ticket was given on the highway so she has to go to lethbridge to fight it!

04blackMAX
01-19-2004, 08:37 PM
yeah i think she will

Akagi Redsuns
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by el-nino
my friend gota seatbelt ticket for $115 for improperly wearing a seatbelt. However, she was wearing the seatbelt but with the strap behind her back instead of accross her torso.........snip

Hmmm, wearing the seatbelt behind her back IS wearing the seatbelt improperly, so IT IS a valid ticket. What needs to be said? Guilty? What's the problem? Pay the ticket, she screwed up, wear the seatbelt properly next time. What a useless post.

el-nino
01-19-2004, 08:48 PM
thats what i tried telling her but she wants to fight anyways! now she just wants to know if she can fight it and what to say. no need to bash the post!

Akagi Redsuns
01-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Ok ok, I take back my comment about the useless post! :)

Only thing to say is ask for a break I guess. The Crown usually gives a slight break if you got a clean record especially, don't know how did works in Lethbridge though, the Calgary one is pretty fair and decent.

04blackMAX
01-19-2004, 09:20 PM
the JP doesnt even look what kinda record u have......he looks at the ticket, u say i was reaching in the back seat to grab my cell phone, and forgot to place it back on my shoulder.......i mean she was still wearinbg it.....i bet yeah he knocks the ticket down to some small offense....

civic_ek4
01-20-2004, 12:56 AM
if she will be going to court in lethbridge, she will be talking to David Price. He is a very nice guy, very easy to get along. BUT i don't think you can get off on such charge, I think all she will get is just more time to pay.
If you want i can give you his phone number to talk to him
Good luck anyways

Weapon_R
01-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Tell her to argue that her skin rashes easily and causes her pain and that she had to wear it like that for fear that the belt rubbing against her neck would cause more problems :)