PDA

View Full Version : CD Burner Help

pizalm
01-19-2004, 09:33 PM
my cd burner does not burn,it reads and plays cd's fine but when a blank CD is put in. it says there is not enough room on the Cd. i have tried several brands of Cd's. and the files are all small enough to be burnt onto the CD. The message it gives is. there is 0 bytes of free space please reduce the amount of space needed by the files by however big it is. i have tried several burning programs as well as updating the firmware and reinstalling t. any suggestions? thanx

hockeybronx
01-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey, the same thing happened to my cd burner a while ago. I don't remember exactly how I fixed it though:

Some cd burners have a short life span, if you have burnt tons of cds the burner may be fried.

In my case the burner would start writing the cd, then something would screw up and then since it opened the CD-R the cd was now ruined. It pissed me off and I wasted a lot of cds.

I remember it was something obvious though, keep screwing around with the settings. I also searched for troubleshooting under my burning softwares name and came up with some chat sites where experts would give you advice.

Don't give up and just keep screwing around, that is what I did and now it works fine. Try restarting your computer and you may need to delete and then reinstall your burning software.

Good luck!

roopi
01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Hmmm I've had this as well but it was just because of a driver problem for me as I recall.

What type of burner is it and what software are you using? Do you have the latest (or correct) drivers installed?

pizalm
01-19-2004, 10:10 PM
it's a mitsumi cr-48xATE and the dirvers are up to date. i have reinstalled it and restarted a few times with the same results. I hope it's not fried because i only burnt about 80 cds at most. i have use Nero the program that came iwth it. and i have tried the trouble shooting software and it did dick all :guns: . any i appreciate the help.

jaylo
01-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Try updating your Firmware version that could be the culprit. Go to your cd burner manufacturer's website and they have free Firmware update. You can check your version by going to My Computer, right click on it, then Properties. Go to Device Manager and click on the CD-ROM's Properties box

pizalm
01-19-2004, 10:18 PM
i did update the firmware and it still happened

xrayvsn
01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Did you try to overburn a CD? Some writers do not support this, and trying to do so may mal-align the laser.

Otherwise, the best place for cd burning related stuff is the forums on www.cdfreaks.com

Just do a search, I'm sure this is not an uncommon problem.

Also, most firmware updates need to use a special flash program - some of these need to run in a DOS environment. It is best to find out from your CD burner manufacturer's website which one to use.

Good luck!

JAYMEZ
01-19-2004, 10:33 PM
It happened to me , i guess my lazer got screwed up , so i just bought a new one. :thumbsup: