PDA

View Full Version : Sam Raimi is doing Evil Dead 4

Mar
07-17-2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288558/

xCOu51jRxjQ

8lLqw7FOOfQ

"Would you rather see a remake or an Evil Dead 4?"
WTF is she talking about? The second film was a remake of the first one so it would be neither, it would either be Evil Dead 3 or it would be a remake of a remake.

BigDannyCool
07-17-2011, 10:16 PM
i don't think it's evil dead 4. Seems to be a remake of the original

Mar
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Ya so basically it would be:
- Evil Dead (original)
- Evil Dead 2 (remake of original)
- Army Of Darkness
- Evil Dead 4 (remake of original)

Maybe Evil Dead 5 will be another remake of the original. :dunno:

BigDannyCool
07-17-2011, 11:19 PM
i got this from imdb about evil dead 2

Often considered to be a remake of The Evil Dead, however this is not accurate. The rights to show scenes from the original could not be obtained to re-cap what happened, so they recreated the beginning to explain how Ash got to the cabin, a headless Linda, etc.

Tik-Tok
07-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
i got this from imdb about evil dead 2

Often considered to be a remake of The Evil Dead, however this is not accurate. The rights to show scenes from the original could not be obtained to re-cap what happened, so they recreated the beginning to explain how Ash got to the cabin, a headless Linda, etc.

Lol, they can say whatever they want, but the fact is, it was a remake. Ok, maybe a more accurate term would be do-over, but still...

First one, group of kids goes to a haunted cabin, everyone (including Ash) dies.

Second one, a couple goes to a haunted cabin, girl dies, Ash goes back in time, leading to more movies.

Sigh, I knew it was just a matter of time before they fucked with my fav. movies (as a teen).

heavyD
07-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Lol, they can say whatever they want, but the fact is, it was a remake. Ok, maybe a more accurate term would be do-over, but still...

First one, group of kids goes to a haunted cabin, everyone (including Ash) dies.

Second one, a couple goes to a haunted cabin, girl dies, Ash goes back in time, leading to more movies.

Sigh, I knew it was just a matter of time before they fucked with my fav. movies (as a teen).

Well aren't most horror movie sequels essentially a remake of the first? How many of the first handful of Friday the 13th movies happened at camp crystal lake essentially the same story of camping teenagers getting slaughtered with a woman surviving ? Most sequels involve the same killer in the same setting killing new people. Just saying.:)

Tik-Tok
01-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Bump.

Evil Dead, without the cheese? Mehhh. I'll still watch it though. Though it is Sam Raimi though, so maybe there's still cheese that the trailer isn't showing.

pvDLWlxxcak#!

Darkane
01-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Bump.

Evil Dead, without the cheese? Mehhh. I'll still watch it though. Though it is Sam Raimi though, so maybe there's still cheese that the trailer isn't showing.

pvDLWlxxcak#!

It's gonna be a great movie either way, though.

03ozwhip
01-04-2013, 06:05 PM
that looks fairly fucking AWESOME. (for evil dead)

SOAB
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!! the original movie gave me nightmares for decades after watching it when i was a kid. this one looks just as scary to me :cry:

firebane
01-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Holy shit that just looks so awesome!

D'z Nutz
01-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Bump.

yeah, I always thought the cheese was part of the appeal for these films? I should watch them. I've only seen Army of Darkness and remember nothing of it except the part with the pit.

403Gemini
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Depends, Evil Dead 1 wasn't really meant to be cheesey , it was just low budget.

Evil Dead 2 was the unofficial remake of 1 which was more cheesey , but the obvious prequel to Army of Darkness.

The remake actually looks good... there's been a lull of good horror movies lately.

Markll7
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Needs more Bruce Campbell :thumbsdow