PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Help? 2X4 through car window!

Feruk
07-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I know the chances are almost non-existant of ever finding out who did this, but Beyond's been pretty impressive in the past. Sunday morning between 2:00AM and 2:30AM, someone decided to put a 2X4 through my car window. I was parked and out on the Stampede grounds (crashing at buddy's place). My buddy's roommate got back at 2 and didn't see any damage. My buddy was back by 2:30 and informed me of what had happened. We went earching down the streets but didn't see anyone.

Anyway, some relevant facts, then some pics. This happened in a back alley between 16th and 17th AVE NW between 10th and 11th St. Cops came and I filed a report.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j387/Feruk_II/One.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j387/Feruk_II/Two.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j387/Feruk_II/Three.jpg

Anyway, my window's gone, one of the speakers appears to be damaged, and for some reason my radio display on the dash works sometimes and other times not (no issue before this). The window alone is gonna cost me $500 to replace, not to mention cleaning of the glass, speaker repair, and the dash issue. Insurance has already told me I'd have to pay $850 (deductible and loss of some 10% discount).

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed off. I know it wasn't anyone I know because nobody knew I was parked there. My guess is it might've been some drunkard leaving Loco Lou's when the bar was closing or just some random asshat who thought it'd be cool to destory someone's car window.

I know chances are slim, but any help tracking this asshat down would be greatly appreciated Beyond!

Type_S1
07-18-2011, 10:52 PM
First off...that's not a 2x4.

Second...good luck I hope you catch the asshole that did this. I never get why people would damage others property...sad to see.

On the plus side if you have any body damage on the car say they did it too and pay one deductible for multiple fixes?

Cos
07-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Holy crap that is the apartment building that I used to live in. Hate to say it but that area is transient man.... probably no luck.

gstone
07-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Kurwa jebana! Ale huj za srany!

Do you know of any webcams that are set in the area? Private or public? Place a poster in the building asking residence if they saw anything. Chances of finding the cawk bag/s are pretty slim. Does your insurance cover this sort of event?

roopi
07-18-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm just stating the obvious but I hope you're not going through insurance for this.

Feruk
07-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Wlasnie cos podobnego myslalem! :)

Insurance will cover if I pay $500 deductible and elimination of some 10% discount ($850 total) so it'll likely come out of my pocket.

Good point Type_S1. I won't be looking to claim older scrapes, but maybe one of these asshats put a new one on. Didn't have a good look at the car but minus one scrape, it was pretty much mint condition.

GorG
07-19-2011, 07:38 AM
^:rofl:

Kennyredline
07-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Are you sure it didn't fall from a construction site? That happens a lot here....:dunno:

DENZILDON
07-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I know exactly what happened here! Somebody wanted to take a shit and wanted your toilet paper! :D

CRXguy
07-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear. Same type of bullshit happened to me too, but the police caught the asshole. Some drunk fool punched out my side window and stomped the crap out of my windshield. Thankfully my neighbour caught this in time and called 911, and the cops got him within a couple minutes.

Feruk
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
Are you sure it didn't fall from a construction site? That happens a lot here....:dunno:
100% positive; the piece of wood was ripped directly off the fence right behind the car.

Originally posted by DENZILDON
I know exactly what happened here! Somebody wanted to take a shit and wanted your toilet paper! :D
Haha was wondering if anyone would notice that. Always be prepared for poo is my motto.

kamakurakid
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
A salvage window might be the way to go and leave insurance out of it. Pricks who do this shit ought to lose a hand.