PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Auto Inspection Place?

-overrated
07-19-2011, 02:27 PM
So my insurance company needs an inspection on my car done but I know there is nothing wrong with my car because I just brought it into Honda a couple weeks back to get everything fixed up. Does anyone know a cheap auto service place that will run a quick inspection on my car?

Nakadah
07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Cheap ain't quality. I bet your car is more than 10 years old, so wherever you go they will fail you only because they want more money

Troll-ol
07-19-2011, 02:35 PM
There's some homies on kijiji who will do an "inspection" which doesn't even need the car to be there ;)

G-ZUS
07-19-2011, 02:35 PM
There's a guy on Kijiji who comes you for $50, I heard he will pass you easily

-overrated
07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Well so far I phoned Cetus Auto Repair and they look like a reliable company that is willing to do an inspection for 60 dollars.

Troll-ol
07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
There's a guy on Kijiji who comes you for $50, I heard he will pass you easily Yup, word on the street is his name is Jimmy and if you pay it passes.

RNB11
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Look on kijiji for $40 bucks guy, guaranteed pass.

HiTempguy1
07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by -overrated
Well so far I phoned Cetus Auto Repair and they look like a reliable company that is willing to do an inspection for 60 dollars.

The issue that you aren't really realizing is how these companies operate when it comes to inspections. It is essentially black mail.

You take your car to a shop, they do the inspection ($60), THEN since they think you are one of the unwashed masses (and you might be, we don't know that), they go "It needs $1k in work done to pass. Sign here, we'll take care of it, and your car will pass".

This happens a LOT, and unless you know the shops that won't try and pull this bullshit on you, it's tough to get an honest inspection. I personally recommend VEX Performance, as I know the owners and have dealt with them a bit. They have no interest in soaking anybody for anything, and Ryan will straight up tell you if there is something actually wrong with your car or not.

As others have pointed out though, Kijiji is your best bet. Cheaper, easier, and quicker.

-overrated
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Do you know any other good places to get an inspection done? And any idea how much Vex charges for an insurance inspection?