PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a decent easy to hang hammock?

JfuckinC
07-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Anyone know where i can buy a decent hammock? Has to be able to support me and easy to hang between trees.. I'm pretty big at around 220-230 most of the time.. Canadian tire has 2 but they look kinda shit..

Thanks!

Mitsu3000gt
07-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Lee Valley has pretty good ones.

JfuckinC
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Has anyone tried out the hennessy hammock tents? they look kinda sweet instead of putting up a tent haha...

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Lee Valley has pretty good ones.

nice i'll take a drive down there soon, thanks!

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Has anyone tried out the hennessy hammock tents? they look kinda sweet instead of putting up a tent haha...

nice i'll take a drive down there soon, thanks!
I have the Expedition ASym, I bought it for a motorcycle trip last summer and it was awesome.
fast set up, packs down to almost nothing and it was very comfortable.
The only issue I had was when we stopped to find a camp site in Revelstoke, stopped at one camp site that was full except for one site..but no trees anywhere so that was a no go, found another camp site down the highway that worked well and stayed there instead.

bmeier
07-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

I have the Expedition ASym, I bought it for a motorcycle trip last summer and it was awesome.
fast set up, packs down to almost nothing and it was very comfortable.
The only issue I had was when we stopped to find a camp site in Revelstoke, stopped at one camp site that was full except for one site..but no trees anywhere so that was a no go, found another camp site down the highway that worked well and stayed there instead.

that thing looks fucking amazing!

is it real easy to setup?

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by bmeier

that thing looks fucking amazing!

is it real easy to setup?

Very. I'd say under 10 mins

Tik-Tok
07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I got a double wide one (for 2... Though I've had 3 in it as well) from campers villiage. Its the kind with wooden ends though so not near as portable, but I tied two c-clips to the ends, and it takes 20 seconds to put up.