PDA

View Full Version : Selling a car to a car/used car dealership

spiceboy
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
I had a chance to trade in my Scion xB when I purchased my new car, but chose not to because I thought I would be able to sell it myself with a better offer than what the dealership gave me. Fast forward to now and I still have the xB.

My question is: If I bring it back to the dealership (or any dealership) now, will they be less inclined to take it in since I'm not buying anything from them? Even if they take it, would it be a worse price than the original offer a year ago. For sure it will be lower due to obvious reasons like depreciation after a year, higher mileage, etc ... but I mean will they give me a lower price due to the lack of inclination from them?

SOAB
07-20-2011, 01:46 PM
they won't even buy it. unless you're willing to basically give it away...

President Obama
07-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Not to shit in your thread, but you should really part the sway bars ;)

But basically as Son of A Bitch said - You're not going to get fuck all from a dealership, it would be less of a hassle but not worth the amount they'll give you whatsoever.

Redlyne_mr2
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Most dealers will always be willing to buy a car from you. I would talk to a Scion dealer first as they're the ones who will have the most interest in it.

pheoxs
07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
(If they take it) it'd be less than when you were interested in buying a vehicle.

This is because they'd be willing to take some of a hit when buying your vehicle if it means getting the profit of the sale. Where-as now they'd have to make a profit solely on buying your vehicle, cleaning it up, and reselling it.