PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Audi S4 - The Goldilocks car?

hollowscar
07-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Hi!

I was looking into the 2011 Audi S4, and it seems to be the Goldilocks are in every way. For instance, they took out the V8, yet it still surpasses the V8 version of the past in performance and efficiency. It had AWD, and hence offers the sense of control during winters which BMW owners might struggle a bit with. It is not too large like other Audi's, and as such, gives the impression of being nimble. It can seat five, and yet still performs very well on the track, and does drift a bit even though it is AWD. The interior is very comforting and really glorious to look at, which I prefer over the BMW's generic interior. Overall, this car seems to be just like Goldilocks. Its just right.

What do you guys think?

Xtrema
07-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Me and the 3 other black 2010/11 S4 I saw on 4th street today agree with you.

I think everyone who would have bought 335 sedan has now picked up a S4. They are everywhere.

My SA told me that they now sell more S4 than A4.

max_boost
07-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Yes the S4 is so perfect for Calgary.

R-Audi
07-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Im hoping that its my next car, especially with al the mods coming out now.

RY213
07-21-2011, 07:43 AM
I dont understand what goldilocks car means?!?!

Aleks
07-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Here is a nice write up from a former 3 time BMW owner.

Overall he says great daily driver but not as fun on the track.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5352943-1-year-review-2010-Audi-S4&highlight=audi

Redlyne_mr2
07-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Audi is a combination of MB and BMW, very comfortable, ample power, just doesnt have the handling of the BMW.

Troll-ol
07-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by RY213
I dont understand what goldilocks car means?!?! Did you graduate junior high?

R-Audi
07-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Here is a nice write up from a former 3 time BMW owner.

Overall he says great daily driver but not as fun on the track.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5352943-1-year-review-2010-Audi-S4&highlight=audi

One thing to keep in mind, he also doesnt mention whether or not he has the Audi Drive Select or Sports rear differential package which sounds like a 'MUST HAVE' for any track or agressive drivers..

schocker
07-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi

One thing to keep in mind, he also doesnt mention whether or not he has the Audi Drive Select or Sports rear differential package which sounds like a 'MUST HAVE' for any track or agressive drivers..
:werd:
I love the S4 and plan on getting on eventually. It is a great car for the money and filled a huge gap that was once only filled by the 335xi as the 2.0T A4came nowhere close to that. It was a wise move by audi especially with the huge gap between the E90/91/92 m3's and the S4/S5 while they retained similar prices. I suppose now though the S5 has also lost the 4.2L with its refresh and has moved as well to the 3.0T like the S4 and S5 cab so the pricing should come down also.

94boosted
07-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Looks like an awesome car and now with the Stasis Engineering stuff you can turn your S4 into a monster. I just wish it was a little lighter :rolleyes:

Xtrema
07-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi

I understand where he is coming from.

Even with sport diff, you may have a bit more oversteer feel but it won't compare to a RWD BMW. So if you equate oversteering as fun, then S4 does fall short.

The grip is insane. I have not taken mine to the track yet but I just can't break it loose on public roads and not for lack of trying :devil: .

Troll-ol
07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I understand where he is coming from.

Even with sport diff, you may have a bit more oversteer feel but it won't compare to a RWD BMW. So if you equate oversteering as fun, then S4 does fall short.

The grip is insane. I have not taken mine to the track yet but I just can't break it loose on public roads and not for lack of trying :devil: . This would depend on the tires you have on too. I can't spin my tires either, with a rear lsd.

Barlow
07-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Troll-ol
Did you graduate junior high?

I dont get it either, and I have a university degree!!!!

FML

Barlow

Troll-ol
07-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Barlow

I dont get it either, and I have a university degree!!!!

FML

Barlow goldilocks is like the perfect car is what he means.

I think it came from goldilocks boy which would be average sized kid with blonde hair and blue eyes.

sputnik
07-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by RY213
I dont understand what goldilocks car means?!?!

The car is "juuuust right".

Not to hard... not too soft.

Boat
07-21-2011, 10:28 AM
The story of goldilocks and her finding the Bed & the porrige that is "just right"

Dumbasses

colinxx235
07-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Boat
The story of goldilocks and her finding the Bed & the porrige that is "just right"

Dumbasses

Depending on your upbringing/parents or what you did as a child would definitely reflect whether or not you've heard this story. I'm sure its quite possible especially given different cultures who would have heard it?

GJ on the dumbasses comment though :rolleyes:

KandabashiDevil
07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
S4 is superior to any 3 series in every way!

CapnCrunch
07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Boat

Dumbasses

Goldilocks wasn't "just right". The bed and the porridge were. Goldilocks was a picky whore and this thread is fucking stupid.

Aleks
07-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
S4 is superior to any 3 series in every way!

I'd take an M3 sedan any day over an S4.

Also the RWD version of the 335i might be superior in some ways to the AWD S4.

hollowscar
07-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I think the S4 has really nice interior, and the car itself is great in snow. Its a good drivers car for people who don't want to buy another winter car, or trade performance.

Cos
07-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I like that the S4 is only 53 grand.

Also Goldilocks is used in a lot of shit in life. The goldilocks zone in astronomy :dunno:

sneek
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
When I was looking to replace my 335 the S4 pretty much came up at the top of the list. The car is pretty good value, the interior is great, my ears tell me the car is quieter too.

I just had a hard time pulling the trigger because the handling just doesn't feel quite on vs the RWD 335. The car corners fairly flat and it is nimble....but it just doesn't make me smile. Perhaps some of the sport options would have improved my experience.

Great everyday car for Calgary if you are looking for decent performance for a good price.