PDA

View Full Version : The Thing

89coupe
07-21-2011, 12:03 AM
A classic redone. Hope its good.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/thething/

powerslave
07-21-2011, 08:02 AM
It had already been redone in 1982 by Carpenter...
So remake of a remake?

lilmira
07-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I saw the trailer the other day. Hope they don't screw it up. I like the last one. With updated technology, they should be able to make it creepier.

403Gemini
07-21-2011, 02:50 PM
The John Carpenter one still gives me the chills at some scenes... I hope this isn't a cgi fest... The John Carpenter one is in my top 10 fav movies.

legendboy
07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
my dad let me watch the john carpenter one when i was 6

scared the shit out of me, had nightmares :rofl:

[Yu]
07-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
my dad let me watch the john carpenter one when i was 6

scared the shit out of me, had nightmares :rofl:

lulz, strong Dad is strong.

b_t
07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Supposedly this was going to describe what happened at the Norweigan camp before those douchebags went and infected the American one too.. except it looks like a remake?

Trailer makes it look like almost every other modern horror movie... awful. The original is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, and has effects better than about 98% of modern CGI movies

SCHIDER23
07-21-2011, 04:49 PM
:werd:

I hope they do a good job, if not we still have the previous one :D

403Gemini
07-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by b_t
Supposedly this was going to describe what happened at the Norweigan camp before those douchebags went and infected the American one too.. except it looks like a remake?

Trailer makes it look like almost every other modern horror movie... awful. The original is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, and has effects better than about 98% of modern CGI movies

That's what I was thinking, it looked like the Norwegian camp... although not quite... It basically seems like a cross between the last movie and a prequel... dunno, sorta have mixed emotions. Just hope it doesnt suck.

heavyD
07-22-2011, 07:05 AM
John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my all-time favorite movies period. I'm stoked that it's getting remade but at the same time a little worried that the CG will be over the top trying to outdo the original effects which were stunning for that time and still impressive today. I doubt the remake will be better as I don't see any of the actors with the pedigree of Kurt Russell and movie studios today seem to butcher every good old movie they try to remake. Still holding out hope though.