PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Mr.Slim A/C units. Anybody?

Darkane
07-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Anybody work in HVAC or can get these? Any experiences with them?

Need one for my Condo, but the "Preferred" company the condo board wants to do the work is Selling the unit and install for outrageous amounts.

Corrected Model Number: MSY-A24NA/MUY-A24NA + Remote

Cheers.

Darell_n
07-21-2011, 09:53 PM
While the brand is good, that model is a piece of ****. Hence the cheap price. My suppliers only sell inverter units (variable speed compressor and fans) and most are heat pumps that will provide indoor heat as well. The cheapest 1 ton model I can buy is from Friedrich and is around $1200 my cost. Any contractor will have at least 100% markup as with any industry. This does not include the copper line-set, electrical breaker and wire, a disconnect and wall mount or ground pad for the outdoor unit or the labour to complete it all.

I prefer Fujitsu for good quality and price. Last fall I installed a 4 zone heat pump in my friend's home that only had heat via boiler with no forced air in the house. He loves it. It cost me $5500 for parts and $300 to ship the full pallet to his house in Regina before I installed it.

Darell_n
07-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n
While the brand is good, that model is a piece of ****. Hence the cheap price. My suppliers only sell inverter units (variable speed compressor and fans) and most are heat pumps that will provide indoor heat as well. The cheapest 1 ton model I can buy is from Friedrich and is around $1200 my cost. Any contractor will have at least 100% markup as with any industry. This does not include the copper line-set, electrical breaker and wire, a disconnect and wall mount or ground pad for the outdoor unit or the labour to complete it all.

I prefer Fujitsu for good quality and price. Last fall I installed a 4 zone heat pump in my friend's home that only had heat via boiler with no forced air in the house. He loves it. It cost me $5500 for parts and $300 to ship the full pallet to his house in Regina before I installed it.

ps. Who's the preferred install company? I may know somebody there that will be able to help. ;)

Sweeeet. Can't delete my own posts.

Maxt
07-22-2011, 12:37 AM
I've installed many of those units over the years and never had an issue with them. Mitsubishi is top of the line, in terms of quality, but it is the base model they have quoted you.

Darkane
07-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Guys tell me if this looks even remotely reasonable. Keep in mind that the building is already set up for the Refrigeration lines and it take minimal work to Install.

Unit purchase + Install is 3840 + GST.

I know I'm getting my ass handed to me for that price.

I figure If I can get the unit for 1500 or less CDN, Install can't be more than 4 hours. So at 100/hr I'm half price.

Am I way off base here?

EDIT: Company is HVAC Solutions here in Fort. McMurray.

Maxt
07-22-2011, 07:09 PM
In the Calgary area, that price is about 1000 to high for that machine installed. Looks like you are getting the Fort Mac discount :poosie: .

Darell_n
07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Guys tell me if this looks even remotely reasonable. Keep in mind that the building is already set up for the Refrigeration lines and it take minimal work to Install.

Unit purchase + Install is 3840 + GST.

I know I'm getting my ass handed to me for that price.

I figure If I can get the unit for 1500 or less CDN, Install can't be more than 4 hours. So at 100/hr I'm half price.

Am I way off base here?

EDIT: Company is HVAC Solutions here in Fort. McMurray.

They do work for me up there when I am not available. (Yes, I drive from Calgary). I will be back in Ft. Mac start of September for a week and I may be able to work something out with you once I check out more pricing from suppliers.

Darkane
07-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
In the Calgary area, that price is about 1000 to high for that machine installed. Looks like you are getting the Fort Mac discount :poosie: .

Yeah. Not only that the building is roughed for this unit already. So it should be easy lol.

Thanks for the info.

Darkane
07-22-2011, 07:52 PM

They do work for me up there when I am not available. (Yes, I drive from Calgary). I will be back in Ft. Mac start of September for a week and I may be able to work something out with you once I check out more pricing from suppliers.

Pm'd you.

Darkane
07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
I believe I had the wrong information.

The Model Number I need is:

MSY-A24NA (Indoor)
MUY-A24NA (Outdoor)
Remote

I think this is the 22,200 BTU unit. This is what HVAC Solutions should have quoted me, NOT the 12,000 BTU unit.

Still getting ripped off? Or is it more reasonable now for 3840 + tax.

These Retail for like 1800 USD I believe.

Darell_n
07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
How large is the room being cooled and which direction are the windows facing? 12,000 is probably large enough. I have 24,000 cooling doing my entire 1200 sq ft bungalow.

Darkane
07-23-2011, 02:08 PM
How large is the room being cooled and which direction are the windows facing? 12,000 is probably large enough. I have 24,000 cooling doing my entire 1200 sq ft bungalow.

Living room in a large Condo.

Total cooling space is 1188sqft. They only allow us one A/C per condo, or else I'd have two little units,one in each bedroom.

Think I could get away with 12,000?

Windows all face east. One other thing to note is I'm a main floor unit and the underground parkade is bloody hot in the summer. usually 23-24deg. All that heat comes up to my unit lol.

Darell_n
07-23-2011, 02:32 PM
You can have multiple indoor coils with only one outdoor unit. This would require access to your ceiling space to bring the lines out through the same wall opening.

Darkane
07-23-2011, 02:39 PM
You can have multiple indoor coils with only one outdoor unit. This would require access to your ceiling space to bring the lines out through the same wall opening.

Yeah, Don't think that possible. Full concrete building.

Thanks for the help so far man!

Maxt
07-24-2011, 08:23 AM
The price is in line for that machine, if you want to spend less you could go with one of the lesser brands. You could get an LG for around 2500, then get someone to install it..
Its hard to see the differences between all the different brands, it takes awhile to see what separates them in terms of price. If you are there for the long haul , go for the mitsubishi, the warranty, dealer support and parts availability if far better than the other machines.. I've used some of the other brands out there, and had 3 week wait times for motors and controllers.

Darkane
07-24-2011, 11:53 AM
The price is in line for that machine, if you want to spend less you could go with one of the lesser brands. You could get an LG for around 2500, then get someone to install it..
Its hard to see the differences between all the different brands, it takes awhile to see what separates them in terms of price. If you are there for the long haul , go for the mitsubishi, the warranty, dealer support and parts availability if far better than the other machines.. I've used some of the other brands out there, and had 3 week wait times for motors and controllers.

Thanks for the advice.

Darkane
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Ok Further updates:

The 100% correct model number is:

MS-A12WA/MU-A12WA 12000BTU.

The 2ton unit in the ammenities room is a one off, all other condo's must use the 12,000 BTU.

Anyway I found the system on Younits.com for 1149.00 free shipping. I'd pay brokerage (180) and GST. (60).

Not a bad deal.

HVAC Solutions quoted me 1800 for just the install alone haha. What a joke.

Anybody here will to do just the install? Toss me a PM if so.

Cheers.

Maxt
08-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Talked to my mitsubishi rep today, I would sell this machine for 1300.00. I asked them about youunits.com , they looked at it, and said you'd be shit out of luck for any warranty on that machine because its circumventing the mitsubishi sales routes. Also I am unsure if the U.S. machine would have a CSA approval on it.
And that price does seem way to high for that install..

Darkane
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Talked to my mitsubishi rep today, I would sell this machine for 1300.00. I asked them about youunits.com , they looked at it, and said you'd be shit out of luck for any warranty on that machine because its circumventing the mitsubishi sales routes. Also I am unsure if the U.S. machine would have a CSA approval on it.
And that price does seem way to high for that install..

Appreciate that man. I actually went ahead and ordered from younits. The system is at my place now.

I have an A/C installer stopping by tomorrow for a quote. HVAC solutions read me out an invoice and they charged 8 hours for the instal which was still 1840 +gst. Crazy bastards. Hopefully I can get this unit in for even 75-100/hr would save me a lot of cash.

Thanks for all your replies boys.

Maxt
08-21-2011, 07:51 AM
200/hour in Fort Mac.. Insanity....

Darkane
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
200/hour in Fort Mac.. Insanity....

I know man. Northstar Ford's Shop rate is 220/hr up here.

hahaha.. Jesus