PDA

View Full Version : my dog got spayed by skunk omfg disgusting

4bier
07-22-2011, 04:39 PM
so at 1:00am last night let the dog out to do his thing. i hear barking fighting so thinking he got a cat, open the back door and boom got hit with the most horendous smell my jack got into it with a skunk :eek: so wife grabs him throws him in the bathroom figure better wash him b4 the smell sets in i couldn t even open the door with out puking it was that bad after spraying cologne on a shirt and wrapping it around my head i made my way in washed him with absolutely everthing we had didnt help....and by the way tomato juice doesnt do shit.....so we looked it up and found sunlight,bakingsoda,peroxide stuff worked amazing but we had to wait till morning to get it .....i never new that a skunk smelt like that nothing like what you smell on the road

spike98
07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
HAHA mine has been sprayed once. Tips for you:

- Use the peroxide concoction that is all over the internet...it works great!

- Washing him with conventional soap wont do shit and could actually rinse the oils deeper into his coat.

- Avoid whiping and blotting for the same reason above.

- If your dog got it in the eye, rinse it with water (i used salene from an eye rinse water bottle). It will be red for a bit but should go away after a few days...if it doesn't, head to the vet.

- To help with the smell buy some vanilla extract (LOTS!) and put bowls with vanilla soaked paper towel in them ALL OVER THE HOUSE. It will help a lot with the smell

- Toss the close you were wearing and everything that he touched that is pourous. Getting the smell out is fruitless.

- Lock down you're yard to avoid further confrontations...every hole, fill with rocks and dirt. Board up every gap because dogs are retarded, they will never learn and will always think they can win with the skunk

Good luck!

Troll-ol
07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
skunks can spray up to 20 feet with accuracy.

Kloubek
07-22-2011, 05:03 PM
So what... so can I.

wardpr68
07-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Your dog got spayed? by a skunk?

Bob would be proud.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/S6sMymR4o7I/AAAAAAAAWOc/2YOewF9UJNw/s1600/BobBarker.jpg

Mar
07-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Exactly. Maybe a yeast infection prior to the spaying? :dunno:

4bier
07-22-2011, 05:59 PM
skunk is going to drown went out got a skunk trap:guns:

Mar
07-22-2011, 09:57 PM
So you're going to kill it? Why? :thumbsdow

J-hop
07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Mar
So you're going to kill it? Why? :thumbsdow

man move into animal native habitat, man kill animal because animal make big stink :D (said in a cave man voice)

kamakurakid
07-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 4bier
skunk is going to drown went out got a skunk trap:guns:

Ever see a wild skunk in a cage? Guess what he does when nervous? Leave it to a pro or at least video the process so we can all have a laugh.

ekguy
07-23-2011, 02:31 PM
yeah used that concoction on our bikes when me and my ex got sprayed. mostly her got caught though. Her leg was soaked. Now that i look back on it wish he got her even more haha.

Smell of skunk being hit on the road is nothing compared to being up close and personal with one when it decides to spray.

4bier
07-23-2011, 05:02 PM
actually the guy a fish and wildlife even told us to ......i didnt believe my wife when she told me ,so i stopped by and they told me the same thing saying there just to many

4bier
07-23-2011, 05:06 PM
or take it out to an acerage and shoot it....but will more than likely let it go

ekguy
07-23-2011, 06:20 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Gravy_83/n119514_Ilikewherethisthreadisgoing.jpg

schocker
07-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Tough luck op, the skunk is on the loose again :rofl:
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110726/CGY_skunk_saved_110726/20110726/?hub=CalgaryHome

J-D
07-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Tough luck op, the skunk is on the loose again :rofl:
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110726/CGY_skunk_saved_110726/20110726/?hub=CalgaryHome

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Davetronz
07-26-2011, 07:51 PM
My dog and I almost got sprayed by one in our back yard about a week ago... Not impressed.

LadyLuck
08-06-2011, 01:07 PM
I let my dog out in the backyard around 3AM last night so he could do his business...a minute later he ran in the house shaking his head and coughing like crazy. I thought he got attacked by a wasp or something then i caught a whiff of that stank and realized he got shot right in the face by pepe le fuckin pew!!

Good god, I can still smell it in the house. first bath I gave buddy was with the dog shampoo that didnt do too much, then a friend suggested dawn dishwashing detergent and it worked! dog smells good again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CUG
08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
There's loads of skunks in my area too. They spray my neighbors pomeranian all the time and it starts howling. I recommended not leaving it outside all night, but they ignore.

Toilet_D
08-06-2011, 11:42 PM
a skunks spray has nothing on my cousin millie.. couldnt get that smell out of the barn HYEH-HYUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

4bier
08-07-2011, 07:33 AM
MY JACK RUSSEL got sprayed again he got it trapped under the shed and finally got his ass under the shed went after it and also lost the second battle but i manage to shoot it with a pellet gun havent seen it since ive tryed trapping it but no luck , nieghbour of mine had 2-3 under his deck & hottub he said if i see those phuckers i ll shoot them with a 22, spoke with fish and wildlife and they wont do a thing they should just change there name to report a poacher

Skyline_Addict
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
lol, looks like honey badger.

Tik-Tok
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Our Sib.Husky got sprayed last week as well. Fortunately for us, we were out of town, and my sister-in-law had to deal with it :rofl:

He's so furry, it took 5 bathes with the peroxide solution to get it all out, the poor guy (and my poor sister-in-law)

Skunks seem to be rampant this year. What's the deal? Where's the coyotes that usually keep them in check?

clem24
08-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 4bier
MY JACK RUSSEL got sprayed again he got it trapped under the shed and finally got his ass under the shed went after it and also lost the second battle but i manage to shoot it with a pellet gun havent seen it since ive tryed trapping it but no luck , nieghbour of mine had 2-3 under his deck & hottub he said if i see those phuckers i ll shoot them with a 22, spoke with fish and wildlife and they wont do a thing they should just change there name to report a poacher

HOLY run on sentence Batman.

You're JRT isn't the brightest kid on the block, is he...?