PDA

View Full Version : Best box and amp for my Image Dynamics IDmax 12 inch sub?

Caz
01-20-2004, 02:02 AM
ok i purchased a Image Dynamics IDmax 12 inch sub and i wantt o know the best box for it. i am driving a extra cab pickup and i want something that will bring out every note. im going for best SQ. Also what kinda wattage to run to it would be nice to know becuase i know several websites say different subs need different wattage in different boxes. So you know this sub is 1000watts rms and 1800 peak.
As for the amp im looking to spend no more than 350-400 bucks.
I want the best sq/watt amp i can find to work for this Sub.
I have found this amp but was unable to find any reviews on it so i would like your input on this amps quality.
Power Acoustik A1800DB, The link is here http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/POWA1800DB

thanks for your time guys

tt398
01-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Can't help with amp.

Go to this site:

http://www.linearteam.dk

Download WinISD and the docs.
Get the Theile-Small parameters for your woofers from the manufacturers web site.

Install WinISD on your computer
Read the WInISD docs
Type in the Theile-Small parameters for your woofers into WinISD.
For sound quality you'll want to model a sealed enclosure. Play with the enclosure volumes until you find the best compromise between the bass response you want and the maximum enclosure size you can place in your vehicle.

Build the enclosure.
Enjoy.

PM me if you need some help.

Phat_Tercel_YO!
01-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Eek, please do not run that amp.

As far as the box goes, you can run a sealed box roughly 1.3 cubes, probably no larger than 1.5 cubes. If you want to go ported, than anything over 2.5 cubes is going to get peaky. I would recommend a little smaller for ported, like 2.3ish cubes, and that will have great extension. You can tune low (26-28), but use aeroports to cut down on any port noise.

As far as the amp, I would look into giving it about 7-800 watts, and that will be plenty of power, anything more and you will be breaching the SQ of this woofer. We use a Zapco 750 on our IDMax 12", and I think it's enough power for an SQ circumstance.

Are you in Calgary?