PDA

View Full Version : Mccafes in calgary

SilverRex
07-24-2011, 11:28 AM
anyone know which Mcccafe in calgary is good? I hear it rivals starbuck quality and is cheaper however I've read some reviews that many stores arnt up to par of what it should. Wondering if anyone here have tried and can throw out a review

Guillermo
07-24-2011, 02:04 PM
i haven't been to any here in calgary, but i've been to one in Vienna several times. they make decent drinks, but nothing different or better than you would find at any other coffee house.

kaput
07-24-2011, 06:46 PM

MyMan23
07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Man I must be out of it. I've never heard of this place before, so I wondered if it was, what the name implied. Apparently it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCaf%C3%A9

Are there any locations in Calgary? I am curious about this myself.

EDIT: I noticied that the MD near Ranchmens on Macleod, was closed for remodelling, apparently this will be one of their new restaurants?

nismodrifter
07-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Never heard of these things before, sounds interesting.

FraserB
07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Ranchmans is open now. Haven't had any bad experiences there.

swak
07-24-2011, 08:34 PM
The McDonalds across from COP is now a McCafe as well

TheRealTimHorton
07-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I went to one in Thailand and it was pretty good. lol

ZEDGE
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Almost every MC Ds I have been to lately in Calgary has a McCafe now. :dunno:

ShadowDragonx
07-25-2011, 12:08 AM
the hong kong one i went to a few years back was excellent.
but the ones in calgary are not as good,

better to spend a dollar on ice coffee then 4 on something sub par right now.

it might improve in the future, but as it is now, not that great

calgarydub
07-28-2011, 03:09 AM
The McDonalds restaurants in Germany are so nice... Every single one had a McCafe as well, and the pastries they had for sale looked so damn good. I only ate lunch there a few times when on the road though. Huge quality difference on the food,store cleanliness and aesthetics (pretty classy). Way better there in every single way except paying for ketchup.

jsn
07-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Rivals Starbucks coffee? In terms of regular coffee, I prefer McDonalds' coffee over Starbucks.

max_boost
07-28-2011, 03:39 AM
They are all over in HK. I love Coffee but have decided to kick the habit for now. It stains my teeth so easily. I do agree, McDonald's coffee is awesome.

Neil4Speed
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Try my McCafe Concoction, Half Hot Chocolate half Soft Serve Ice Cream. Incredible.

Guillermo
07-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I love Coffee but have decided to kick the habit for now. It stains my teeth so easily.

put milk or cream in it - the calcium binds to the tannins in the coffee, which helps to prevent teeth staining. :thumbsup:

i've also pretty much gave up coffee in the last year or so. I drank about 4 cups a day since i was about 15 or 16, but once I hit 30 or so I started to realize all the negative effect of drinking that much caffeine. I was getting tired of the constant ups-and-downs all day, and then the mid-afternoon crash I would have every day... I thought I was just "tired," but once I stopped drinking caffeine, it all went away.

I've switched to tea, which still has a *bit* of caffeine, but way less than coffee and not enough to cause the ups-and-downs i got from coffee. I mix it with milk so that I don't stain my teeth. :D

my next goal is to cut all alcohol out of my life :thumbsup:

almerick
07-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Try my McCafe Concoction, Half Hot Chocolate half Soft Serve Ice Cream. Incredible.

You should create a thread of all your creations with pictures :D

brokeass
07-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Orange Juice and McDonalds soft serve is delicious!