PDA

View Full Version : White Water Rafting Near Calgary

nj2Type-S
07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys,

Some of my friends and I are planning on going white water rafting next month. We'd like to keep it fairly close to Calgary, if possible.

Mukwah Rafting Tours and Inside Out Experience are the two companies that we are looking at because we've got 15% - 20% discounts with them through work. Has anybody here had any experience with either company?

Thoughts? Other recommendations?

Thanks!

ExtraSlow
07-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Rafting the kananaskis river is pretty tame. As far as I know, if you want the gnarly stuff, you have to get out to the Kicking Horse River.

Lots of those copanies will include your transport from Canmore or banff.

austic
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Or you could try to get on the highwood.. Its a step up from the kicking horse and only a couple of companies are running on it right now.

nj2Type-S
07-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the response!

I'd also like to add that we're all beginners and have never done anything like this before.

R-Audi
07-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Make it a day trip and go to Golden... its certainly worth your while. They are open to all levels as they are fully guided and give you instruction throughout.

BigShow
07-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Make it a day trip and go to Golden... its certainly worth your while. They are open to all levels as they are fully guided and give you instruction throughout.

YES YES YES. Kicking Horse River out of Golden, BC is the only way to do it!!

Class 4 rapids!!, not sure how they are in August but definately the most exciting anywhere close to Calgary.

You don't need any experience to ride these rapids, I would research into rapid quality going around late summer as you intend to.