PDA

View Full Version : Need a locksmith

thedave
07-25-2011, 08:58 PM
So I lost my motorcycle key yesterday and found out my spare disappeared during my move last month. I have called a few locksmiths but none of them will touch a motorcycle and the key code I need to get one from the dealer was thrown out by one of my roomates when they were cleaning out my old place. I can't use the vin to get a new key so I'm in a bit of a pinch.

Does anybody know a locksmith that can make me a new key?

craigcd
07-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Did you try ABOE? You could buy a new ignition with key on Ebay im sure.

RiceMonkey
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I know this guy he lost the key on his 06 R6V and kinda expensive to get a new one

thedave
07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
So i called ABOE and they were really helpful. Brought the bike to them and had a new key the next day. Couldn't get it towed down in time for them to do it by the end of the day. Cost 78.00 for two new keys, and they cut a Yamaha blank i brought in for free. Very happy with their price and service.

MrSector9
07-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Head's lock and key will also do motorcycles for anyone else who find this in a search and is looking for options.

Good to hear ABOE can also help.

Mar
07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I used ABOE at Apartment Europe downtown when the cylinder snapped off inside the door handle one day. Seriously, I put in the key, turned it to unlock and it made a snap sound. He got it open in about 10 seconds.

n1zm0
07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
Head's lock and key will also do motorcycles for anyone else who find this in a search and is looking for options.

Yes +1000 for Heads lock and key, lost ALL keys to my S13, took the glovebox lock cylinder in and they made one for me in half an hour, even had nice OEM nissan spares, asked for one key he gave me 2 for $15 all together