PDA

View Full Version : Up for auction is a 2000 Civic SiR

stevescivic
07-26-2011, 02:18 PM
My buddies car got hit in the front by a guy that ran a stop sign a few weeks ago and his car is now being auctioned off as salvage tomorrow at Impact Auto Salvage tomorrow.

Here is the link to his car:
http://www.impactauto.ca/runList?act=conditionReport&stockNumber=EFZ29&rowpos=&act=search&make=HONDA&model=CIVIC%20SIR&rowpos=0&stockNumber=EFZ29

I can tell whomever wants to bid on this car that its a gem/steal of a deal. Why? Because the powertrain is practically new!

Engine: B16A - ordered new in crate from Honda. Has a total of 40, 000kms

Bonus: Jackson Racing supercharger installed 40, 000kms ago (when new engine was installed) purchased new c/w RC Racing 440 injectors
Car recently dynoed and tuned by shop (can't remember name) just over a month ago and was putting 180HP to the ground.
AEM Cam gears
Apexi Vtec controller ver. II
New exedy clutch - used only 40, 000kms
DC sports full catback and 4-2-1 header
Eibach lowering springs with 4 tokico blue struts - used 40, 000kms
Enkei RP-01 17" rims with decent Pirelli tires - practially brand new
Alpine stereo - no face in pictures so I'll have to ask my friend about it.
A/F ratio/Vacuum/boost gauges from autometer
Immaculate body/interior aside from collision damage.

Downside: My friend kept the hondata S300 ECU. Car will start and drive with the right Hondata ECU. If you want the ECU PM me as my friend does want some money for the S300. He probably even still has the keys for it if you want them along with the alarm key fobs too.
His powertrain is pretty much brand new (he purchased a new motor for his car b/c he wanted to have a new engine) even though he was the original owner of the car. His original B16A start burning oil at 160, 000kms so he replaced it. If memory serves me right he dropped 8K on the motor/supercharger combo. NEW! Runs like a champ!

You have to register with Impact Auto Salvage in person by 4:30PM today and his car goes up for sale I think tomorrow around 9:45AM - 11AM.

Hopefully someone here buys it and appreciates the work he put into the car and can make use of his new powertrain/suspension/exhaust/rims ect...

We would go and buy it back BUT we both are stuck at work tomorrow and can't make it down there.

Good luck to those interested. Not even sure what this car would fetch in the condition its in.

Be interested in knowing if a fellow beyonder snags up this car!

Shlade
07-26-2011, 02:37 PM
pmd...

vtec4life
07-26-2011, 03:12 PM
didnt insurance give your friend the option to buy the car back before it went to auction?? thats what mine did, got my 2000 GSR back for $900.

leftwing
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
If you really wanted to buy the car back Im sure you could get the couple hours off work could you not?

CMW403
07-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah I'm calling BS on the whole "we're working or else we'd totally buy it".

colinxx235
07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Also BS that your car goes to auction without option to purchase. My brother has written off three vehicles. All three times he was given the option to purchase the vehicle at a certain price.

Team_Mclaren
07-26-2011, 04:08 PM
iirc to attend the impact auction you'll need an amvic license

stevescivic
07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
No BS guys. I have a family to look after and this isn't my car. I honestly would love to buy the car but I truly don't have time to tinker with the swap/mod scene anymore. As for my friend he is so hung up in his projects at work that he can't personally be bothered at this point in time. Insurance paid him out and he's okay with it. He actually didn't want to contemplate buying it back for similar reasons as mine.

I'm just the messenger for beyonders that are looking for a good engine to take and put into their cars. It would make sense to share this with car enthusiasts here than to have some guy buy the car, try to start it and not get it running and do whatever it is to wreck a perfectly working super low miles engine.

I should clarify a few things that I didn't mention earlier.

Head is still from original engine and is NOT burning oil or leaking. Its the entire lower rotating assembly that is literally new from Honda.

I also forgot to mention that he's got JDM type R camshafts in it too.

Whomever buys his car from this auction tomorrow won't be sorry.

Insurance by back? I told him the same thing but he insisted that it wasn't an option that was given to him and much like his original stance on the car, he couldn't be bothered with bringing home a crashed car. I didn't bother harping on him for the buy back as it is HIS car and not really my business what he wants done with it.

Either way, good luck to those wanting to buy it. Its no longer in his (or indirectly my hands).