PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Lauren's Car Collection with sound

boarderfatty
07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
I guess Ralph Lauren is putting his collection into a show. Here is a preview of some of the highlights of the collection with sound clips of their engine noises.

L'ART De L'AUTOMOBILE (http://www.ralphlaurencarcollection.com/?%2F&ab=us_insiderl_CarExhibit)

Personally I think he has to have one of the greatest private car collections in the world, by far in North America. Unlike some collections like the that of the Sultan of Brunei he has so many desirable classics, the best of the best, the most beautiful of the most beautiful. He may not have 50 1991 Rolls' but he does have a 1938 Bugatti type 57S (C). He may not have the only 5 custom built ferrari station wagons, but he does have a one off 1930 Benz SSK. And instead of letting them rot in poor climates until they become worthless, he keeps his collection in concourse condition.

jaysas_63
07-27-2011, 12:25 AM
nice post. :thumbsup:

SCHIDER23
07-27-2011, 07:05 AM
\:werd:

:thumbsup:

Mar
07-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I wasn't that impressed, I've seen comparable classics in Jerry Seinfeld's and Jay Leno's collections. Plus I thought I was going to get to see pictures of them sitting in his garage, not against a stock background.

LowRiderHD2000
07-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I will be going to Paris in 2 weeks. I will stop in and take some pictures.

rage2
07-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I wasn't that impressed, I've seen comparable classics in Jerry Seinfeld's and Jay Leno's collections. Plus I thought I was going to get to see pictures of them sitting in his garage, not against a stock background.
That's not even close to his complete collection.

I'd say Jay Leno comes a distant 2nd in terms of collection, but Jay Leno drives every one of his cars around, so they're not in anywhere near the shape of the RL cars.

Redlyne_mr2
07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Im surprised Lauren never incorporated car culture into his clothing line like the watch companies, probably would have sparked some decent interest.

n1zm0
07-27-2011, 10:23 AM
hey, cmon shit man, j/k your link was better with sounds, guess my title wasnt very relevant tho.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/324389/selling-ties-and-cologne-/

oogle hundreds of pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Ralph+Lauren+car+Collection

boarderfatty
07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Mar

I love Jerry's collection because I myself am a huge porsche fan and owner.

Jay Leno does have a very impressive collection but its is not the kind of collection I lust over. Deusenberg's are cool but not my cup of tea, I am no a fan of stuff like old for galaxies or edsels, he also has a lot of muscle cars which I can appreciate, but dont thin can be compared to the like's of Lauren's collection.

TheRealTimHorton
07-27-2011, 10:52 AM
You have to respect Jay for actually driving his stuff though.

They are beautiful machines that were meant to be enjoyed and he enjoys them the way they were meant to be.

Tomaz
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TheRealTimHorton

They are beautiful machines that were meant to be enjoyed and he enjoys them the way they were meant to be.

I totally agree. Mind you, Jay's collection is made for a different purpose really. He shows off the driving experience more than the history of the period. (IMO of course)

RL's collection is more about the art, culture, and history. These cars demonstrate huge turning points in the industry, and also show what car making was all about. The designs he showcases, the history some of the cars he owns just blow a "standard" car collection out of the water.

I think i shed a tear flipping through the pics. So amazing!
:drool:

KandabashiDevil
07-27-2011, 12:59 PM
It's too bad his clothing isn't anywhere near as stylish as his taste in automobiles.

boarderfatty
07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
It's too bad his clothing isn't anywhere near as stylish as his taste in automobiles.

I agree, he needs to add more rhine stones, skulls, and horse shoe pockets ha ha.

Some of his lines are actually pretty classy in my opinion. is is more of a classic refined look, no something to be noticed in.

ddduke
07-27-2011, 02:45 PM

Ralph Lauren Purple Label actually has a ton of stylish and beautiful clothing.

tehwegz
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
that 1962 Ferrari GTO ... OMG looks so nice and sounds amazing... takes a huge crap all over american muscle.

Tram Common
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
For an American who made the majority of his money off of Americans he sure has zero appreciation for American automobiles.

you&me
07-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common
For an American who made the majority of his money off of Americans he sure has zero appreciation for American automobiles.

RL's attention is limited to the rarest, most beautiful cars from the most prestigious manufacturers. There aren't too many American manufacturers that produced cars that fit these criteria. He's not a Shelby GT500 type of guy...

Tilly
07-27-2011, 09:40 PM
man, that guy sure does have good taste!

Maybelater
07-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Not impressive! Those are some beauties, what I would do just to own one!

95teetee
07-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by TheRealTimHorton

They are beautiful machines that were meant to be enjoyed and he enjoys them the way they were meant to be. exactly- I'd rather spend a day with Leno looking at his collection than an unlimited amount of time looking at Ralphie's cars.

BrknFngrs
07-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Agreed, I wouldn't be caught dead trashing a hotel room wearing RL.

Maybelater
07-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Agreed, I wouldn't be caught dead trashing a hotel room wearing RL.

:rofl: :rofl: