PDA

View Full Version : Stereo install in a Lancer

GSR Zero
01-20-2004, 11:47 AM
My bros looking to install a new stereo with amp and speakers in this 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Edition. I've got a buddy doing the install for him. Does anyone have experience install in the Lancer? Any tips or things to look out for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EK 2.0
01-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Its very strait forward man...shouldnt be anymore of a challenge then any other install...

Bruce Chan
01-20-2004, 01:21 PM
i don't have experience for install, but just want
say to be careful of the crime ,
people might stolen your stuffs...
create some number mark on your new stereo with amp and speakers.
the mark should be not easy to erase.
because my friend have experience lost his stereo with amp and speakers. have to be perpare.

Weapon_R
01-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Just a recommendation - spend the cash on the insulation because you will really hate a stereo install that rattles like shit. I spent so much money building my stereo to the way I wanted it, and never properly insulated the vehicle, and that has resulted in a system that I can't properly listen to the way I want to because the rattles are just too much to deal with. This weekend, I have to do what I should have done years ago, and that is install a lot of Dynamat...

chaz686
05-01-2004, 05:23 PM
I own a 2003 mitsubish lancer OZ
and I recently pin in a stereo Get the metra wiring harnes to plug into the factory harness it makes things alot easyer
the panel arround the deck comes out easy pull off the 3 control knobs and the are 3 phillips screws than the panel comes off \
a normal deck will bolt into the factory mount witch is really nice
all the dorr stills come off by pulling on them to run the power cable for the amp
there is a really nice ground for your amp on the seat bolt just remove ther rear seat by pulling up on the bottom
the hardest part is getting the amp power cable through the fire wall have fun
:burnout:

npham
05-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Just a recommendation - spend the cash on the insulation because you will really hate a stereo install that rattles like shit...

He means sound deadening, I think the liquid stuff is by far the best stuff out there. Goes on easy, and probably does a better job with a couple coats that dynamat could do with 3 layers. Odorless to boot.

check it out at www.genuinecanadianaudio.com