PDA

View Full Version : hotel noise complaint chrages

anhsicun
07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
i stayed at "banff rocky mountain resort" a few weeks back and when i got my credit card statement, i notice they charge twice for the damage deposit of 130.00. so i called the hotel and ask them why they didn't return my damage deposit and charge me twice. they said they charge me 260 for noise compliant and the they had to reimburse one of their client their stay cuz they didn't have a good night sleep , which got passed on to me which i find so stupid and un heard of.

i did had a noise compliant and i turn down the music and all, and he the person said they will kick us out if we have another compliant. i have never heard of anyone getting charge more for a noise complaint, and the hot supervisor refuse to refund my money.

i find this unfair, i comply to their request to keep the noise down and i didn't get kick out so i assume it was okay>.

i filed a dispute with my credit card, u guys think i"ll win the dispute?

Troll-ol
07-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I would have done the same thing, I would at least expect a warning of them saying something like "so and so complained about the noise, if you don't keep it down THEN we will charge you for it" , not just them charging without notice.

403Gemini
07-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have been an asshole and kept quiet from the beginning and you wouldn't have this issue.

Wait, why was there a noise complaint? Hooker wouldn't keep it down? ;)

FraserB
07-27-2011, 02:25 PM
You might get half of it back, I don't think they can just charge your card for services not rendered. Unless it says somewhere they can bill you for other guests rooms.

KandabashiDevil
07-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Haha!
I love this hotel, and here's why ...
I spent a birthday there once. We had 11 people staying in 2 loft rooms. Over the course of two days, we broke 2 beds, ripped 16 tiles off of the roof, broke 3 chairs, 2 sets of sheets & blankets went missing, 1 stove was lit on fire, every towel was gone, all glasses were broken or missing, and noise complaints were regularly directed towards our party.

Check out time ...
I crawl to the front desk barely alive. The manager comes out and starts yelling and screaming. After less than 3 seconds, I walked out without saying a word. He looked as though he was going to get violent (which would have been justified). Me and my friends leave back to Calgary.

My Visa bill comes in the mail ...
The charges on my card exceed $6,000. There is an itemized list of every single obstruction to their policy. So I called my account manager and asked him if any of the charges were signed for. None were, because I left immediately. After over 10 years of holding my Visa, I refused my first series of charges.

All they could nail me for was $500 in damages on top of the room rate.

I don't know how much you were charged, but I know that there is a limit on how much they can get you for without your consent. Charge disputes are very subjective. They are solved on a "case-by-case" policy.

Good luck!

JustinMCS
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
we broke 2 beds, ripped 16 tiles off of the roof, broke 3 chairs, 2 sets of sheets & blankets went missing, 1 stove was lit on fire, every towel was gone, all glasses were broken or missing, and noise complaints were regularly directed towards our party.

Classy. Really classy. Are you proud of this?

2Legit2Quit
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
damn that hot supervisor....

Cos
07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Fuck it is people like you guys why I hate going away for work.

Why not by an acreage or go back country camping and douche it up to your hearts content.

BrknFngrs
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Haha!
I spent a birthday there once. We had 11 people staying in 2 loft rooms. Over the course of two days, we broke 2 beds, ripped 16 tiles off of the roof, broke 3 chairs, 2 sets of sheets & blankets went missing, 1 stove was lit on fire, every towel was gone, all glasses were broken or missing, and noise complaints were regularly directed towards our party.

Check out time ...
I crawl to the front desk barely alive. The manager comes out and starts yelling and screaming. After less than 3 seconds, I walked out without saying a word. He looked as though he was going to get violent (which would have been justified). Me and my friends leave back to Calgary.

The charges on my card exceed $6,000. There is an itemized list of every single obstruction to their policy. So I called my account manager and asked him if any of the charges were signed for. None were, because I left immediately. After over 10 years of holding my Visa, I refused my first series of charges.

I don't know how much you were charged, but I know that there is a limit on how much they can get you for without your consent. Charge disputes are very subjective. They are solved on a "case-by-case" policy.

Good luck!

Wow, you sound like a complete POS

swak
07-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Wow, you sound like a complete POS

THIS. Holy hell man, how would you feel if you were the hotel owner and some punk trashed your place?
Grow up man.

Tram Common
07-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by swak

THIS. Holy hell man, how would you feel if you were the hotel owner and some punk trashed your place?
Grow up man.

U MAD BRO!? :clap:

Little Dragon
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow. He tells it like its an accomplishment that he should be proud of.

colsankey
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

:facepalm:

Mitsu3000gt
07-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Just dispute the charges on your CC.

I'd bet that half the people complaining about noise just do so to get discounts and aren't actually bothered. You're sharing a building with hundreds of people, it's not going to be dead silent all the time.

CMW403
07-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Haha!

Check out time ...

Good luck!

Sounds like a good time:rofl:

eblend
07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
This right here is the reason I don't want to have kids and think the next generation is fucked.

max_boost
07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

Classy. Really classy. Are you proud of this?

Must have been a riot.

[GaGe]
07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Must have been a riot.

Hotel was in Banff, not Vancouver. :D

Troll-ol
07-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

Yeah bro he mad

Kona9
07-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Our laws are pretty lame in some cases. It would be better if kicking you and your amazing friends ass' could have been a justifiable action on part of Hotel management. That way everyone could have had a good time. You, your pals, and staff.

To the OP, follow up with your CC company.

Tram Common
07-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Troll-ol

Yeah bro he mad

:rofl:

calgary403
07-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by anhsicun

i did had a noise compliant and i turn down the music and all,

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001493658/3141224393_41780_121776394532595_5200_n_xlarge.jpeg

CMW403
07-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001493658/3141224393_41780_121776394532595_5200_n_xlarge.jpeg

Was that really the only part of his post you could point out was incorrect? :rofl:

KandabashiDevil
07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey ... It was my birthday! :devil:

swak
07-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Fuck your birthday.
Its just another day in the year, tens of thousands of people share the same birthday. Yours isn't that unique bro.

300zxfairlday
07-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by swak
Fuck your birthday.
Its just another day in the year, tens of thousands of people share the same birthday. Yours isn't that unique bro.

:werd:

BrknFngrs
07-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey ... It was my birthday! :devil:

Oh, you should have said that in the first place.

What's your plans for next year? Gang rape?

max_boost
07-27-2011, 06:24 PM
On second thought, I find it hard to believe that the hotel can't go after the customer for trashing the hotel room. :dunno:

I'm sure they can just go in and document, photograph everything to make a case. :dunno:

TeamBestBud
07-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Oh, you should have said that in the first place.

What's your plans for next year? Gang rape?

Maybe they were gang raping someone and the bitch tried getting away. In that case, fully justifiable sir.

GREENBOY
07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Just pay up and apologise for being a douchebag, learn from it and move on. :banghead:

beyond_ban
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
^ Fuck that dont just pay up. If your story is the truth (disputable) then definitely try to get it reduced. If it wasn't signed for, don't pay a cent. For the hotel to just randomly charge you out the ass isn't fair when you listened to the first warning.

I've been warned for noise on a few occasions but never charged for it, that is BS.

95teetee
07-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
damn that hot supervisor.... I was going to ask for pics of the hot supervisor:dunno:

J-D
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
I stayed here one night with my family - there was a rowdy hockey team out front having a good night (I don't give a fuck if people want to be loud and have fun, it was only around midnight)... We're standing out on the balcony after these guys leave and a few minutes later one of the hotel staff comes and yells at us about a noise complaint. I told her to go fuck herself, but no charge on the room.

sexualbanana
07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

I've been warned for noise on a few occasions but never charged for it, that is BS.

I think that's pretty messed up. Even if that was the case, you'd have to be an extreme offender to possibly justify the charge. A single warning shouldn't justify a penalty of any sort.

kamakurakid
07-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Haha!

Good luck!

Wow a new low for a Beyond asshole.

InRich
07-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by kamakurakid

Wow a new low for a Beyond asshole.

haha this thread is funny, wait a second, arn't I beyond's biggest asshole?

on a very serious note though, at least I learned how to get a free nights stay at the hotel, noise complaints, interesting concept..

spikerS
07-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Haha!

Check out time ...

Good luck!

I am awaiting the invitation to your next birthday party eagerly!

Maybelater
07-28-2011, 01:00 AM
A charge for noise? That is pretty stupid.

Likely they got the one complaint, talked to you and the guest never called again about the noise, then when morning came the guest came to the desk and demanded a refund.

Disputing charges won't recover everything, also there is fine print you might have signed and not known about.

As for the retard who trashed the hotel suprised you didn't get brought to small claims.

desi112
07-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Haha!

Check out time ...

Good luck!

Are you from Vancouver?

arian_ma
07-28-2011, 08:45 AM
When you gotta party you gotta party.

And when you're getting old.................................................

:rofl: :rofl:

Feruk
07-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Who are they to charge you for a noise complaint? It's not even damage... Dispute the charge with your CC company.

I stayed at a hotel down south a few months back for an insane bachelor party; the first time in years I'd been charged on my CC for damages, and one of the few times I felt it justified. Long story short, someone in my room shat their pants and smeared the poo all over the bathroom wall.

KandabashiDevil
07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Feruk
Long story short, someone in my room shat their pants and smeared the poo all over the bathroom wall.

Now THAT'S offside!!!

:barf:

More hotel stories need to be shared & posted :rofl:

Troll-ol
07-28-2011, 10:59 AM
This one time at a hotel we jumped on the beds, and they didn't even notice

austic
07-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Bacherlor party in banff lead to someone pissing on the floor in the living room.... no damage charges surprisingly

CapnCrunch
07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by austic
Bacherlor party in banff lead to someone pissing on the floor in the living room.... no damage charges surprisingly

Thread has officially been taken over by NE Calgary white trash. Move along please, they thrive on attention.

Spoons
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Who the fuck hasn't got a little rowdy in a hotel before. Fuck man one year a buddy won 15k (slot machine jackpot) and we got a room in the Hyatt downtown and fucking went hard. That room was partied in... and it looked like it. We didn't get charged anything extra.

One noise complaint should not equal double your damage deposit... That is fucking retarded.

Maybelater
07-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Some natives pissed on the floor in a Hotel room where I worked, fined them $500.00 and they came back and asked why :nut:

nismodrifter
07-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Call CC bro. Sounds like bulllllllllllllllllllllllllllshiet

4bier
07-29-2011, 01:21 AM
if your gonna party hard why not get a dumpy motel hotel :dunno: go to a nice family hotel and party it up charges well deserved:thumbsup:

beyond_ban
07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
^ because who wants to party in a dump? :facepalm:

brokeass
07-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Sounds like you were listening to Jap Rap - I probably would have made a complaint as well, turn that shit down.

Good way to get a free nights stay, and I'm glad it will be on someone like you next time

anhsicun
07-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Haha!

Check out time ...

Good luck!

whoa that pretty extreme sounds like something outta the hang over movie lol. mine was a few drinks with 4 other ppl and music ( no jap-rap ) lmao. i didn't even break anything nor cause any damages.

never going back there again tho the manager so unprofessional when i brought this issue up with him, pretty much he didn't give fuk and felt like to punch him in the face.

disputed it with my cc, hopefully everything works out.

Mixalot27
07-30-2011, 09:06 AM
I've noticed quite a few hotels I've stayed at state that smoking in your room will result in a cleaning charge of a certain amount. They go out of their way to make sure you know this. So that makes me think if they have some type of "excessive noise" charge policy, it would have to be stated in writing somewhere. If not, I would guess you CC will side with you.

In the end it may come down to your relationship with your bank. If the credit card you used is issued by your bank which you also have lots of other business with (mortgages, investments, etc) your chances will be much better.

If they try to deny the charge back, ask for supervisor/manager and basically you tell them that they will be removing the charge or cancelling the card. Its not like its difficult to get a new card from a different vendor.

Maybelater
07-31-2011, 02:00 AM
^When you sign the no smoking policy before hand it can't be disputed at all, you agreed to the fines if you smoke when you signed and the CC company will side with you.

Kavy
07-31-2011, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Thread has officially been taken over by NE Calgary white trash. Move along please, they thrive on attention.

White people in the NE?

89s1
08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Buncha' crybabies and hypocrites in this thread.

ricosuave
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I bet some of you e-thugs in this post are the same whiners who complain to the front desk whenever someone else has 'a little fun' in the hotel an YOUR expense.

Sugarphreak
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Maybelater
08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Complaining rarely works, all that ends up happening is the noisy room goes quiet for a few minutes while they all whisper about who they think ratted them out... then they start harassing whomever they think called the complaint in. You are almost always better off just requesting another room on a different floor.

Depending on the Hotel after about two or three calls it is standard to boot out the noisey guest. A threat to call the police has never failed me in shutting people up.

Originally posted by Kavy

White people in the NE?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: