PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Shot Friday!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27

Team_Mclaren
03-16-2021, 01:06 AM
Or an Hermes Sticker on a seiko?

Id rather have a Seiko. Any Seiko

edit: but then it's Shal.... If he wants to spend 13k on a quatz Hermes... I guess that's fitting for him.

killramos
03-16-2021, 07:29 PM
Id rather have a Seiko. Any Seiko

edit: but then it's Shal.... If he wants to spend 13k on a quatz Hermes... I guess that's fitting for him.

Totally. I don’t gripe people for getting something else, but trying to pass it off as something it’s not is a real mindfuck for me.

Same as fake m cars and amg’s to me, I find the concept bizarre.

ercchry
03-22-2021, 03:43 PM
Gonna forget by Friday...

Watch Gang actually had a legitimate good buy, on a real brand for once... got a special edition Turtle, instantly took it off the stainless and onto a nato. Love the bezel on this one. Machined finish, probably won’t see it though with the degrading of this upload

Edit: did it work?

03ozwhip
03-22-2021, 04:34 PM
Gonna forget by Friday...

Watch Gang actually had a legitimate good buy, on a real brand for once... got a special edition Turtle, instantly took it off the stainless and onto a nato. Love the bezel on this one. Machined finish, probably won’t see it though with the degrading of this upload

Edit: did it work?

Love it. I Just can't get on board with the natos. I've never worn one, but I just don't like the way they look. Maybe in person it's different.

Illusive 4-2
03-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Continuing with the Seiko content:

ercchry
03-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Very comfy, sheds some weight too, saves the stainless from desk rash as well. Good enough for Bond, good enough for me :rofl:

...I do have a more Bond inspired stripped nato in the mail for it as well

taemo
03-23-2021, 08:46 AM
that turtle looks great, I've always wanted to own one even though they are huge.

civicHB
03-23-2021, 10:32 AM
Nice Snow flake, it is on my to buy list.

Continuing with the Seiko content:

littledan
03-23-2021, 12:46 PM
Did somebody say seiko!

SJW
03-26-2021, 08:40 AM
My favourite of all time.

C4S
03-26-2021, 10:39 AM
Poor man Speedmaster ...��

This one, nice size (42mm) plus blue dial and hands!

ercchry
03-26-2021, 11:04 AM
Toss a few straps in the cart for this little guy when I ordered my nato for the turtle...

Grandfather’s old watch, was recently gifted from my grandmother (he passed a few years back now)

...36mm feels weird, but now that it’s off the tired old two tone bracelet, I’m kind of liking it

03ozwhip
03-26-2021, 04:34 PM
Toss a few straps in the cart for this little guy when I ordered my nato for the turtle...

Grandfather’s old watch, was recently gifted from my grandmother (he passed a few years back now)

...36mm feels weird, but now that it’s off the tired old two tone bracelet, I’m kind of liking it

I have a 30 year old brushed/yellow gold seiko thats about a 36mm from my late uncle that I can't wear because the bracelet is too small. Maybe I will think about changing it out and actually wear it.

littledan
03-26-2021, 05:42 PM
Im still waiting on a tudor bb58 blue... only 3 mos and counting now. F'n rolex and tudor.

Pacman
04-09-2021, 10:48 AM

C4S
04-09-2021, 11:18 AM
I always love and want a RJ watch, love their cool idesa and stunning material.. but their price was so outrageous.. :eek:

Lately, there are some good deals from Japan, (They are in deep financial difficulty, so sad :( ) and with low Japanese yen lately, finally pull my trigger for one! :love::nut:

But I didn't know that this limited edition is much bigger than the regular version! 49mm is HUGE in today's trend! :werd:

Hope one day I can get their Mario or Pac man edition! :love:

flipstah
04-09-2021, 06:29 PM

New acquisition

taemo
04-16-2021, 11:38 AM
finally came from Asia, been wanting a silver dial watch on metal band for a while
https://i.postimg.cc/0jxT49k4/unnamed.jpg

SJW
04-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Undecided.

littledan
04-16-2021, 01:13 PM

ExtraSlow
04-16-2021, 01:19 PM

littledan, I think I have the exact watch, won from Cam in 2014. Like it.

littledan
04-24-2021, 05:42 PM
Wrist shot saturday

bjstare
04-30-2021, 09:41 AM

littledan
04-30-2021, 12:18 PM
These divers belong in side by side posts

killramos
04-30-2021, 12:24 PM

Yours gonna need a fancier watch to manage all those meetings lmao

bjstare
04-30-2021, 01:42 PM
I wasn't kidding when I said working = hobby :rofl:

fml

killramos
04-30-2021, 01:44 PM
Yea that’s sickening. I work a lot, but I sure as fuck don’t go that many meetings.

SJW
04-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Yea that’s sickening. I work a lot, but I sure as fuck don’t go that many meetings.

We should have a meeting about you lack of enthusiasm about meetings.

ExtraSlow
04-30-2021, 09:19 PM
I wish I had more meetings.

Gman.45
05-02-2021, 02:28 PM

Very, very nice, my next one is going to be an Omega Seamaster. Should anyone see a good condition used one w/blue face+bezel, pls sound off. Not having much luck finding ones that are reasonably priced (ie all of the ones I've found so far are nearly the same price as new ones - I know to be expected, but wow).

Nice Sub as well Littledan, I have a similar one, replaced my green bezel/anniversary Submariner with it, and I've found I like it much more than my anniversary/green bez watch.

SJW
05-03-2021, 08:09 AM
I know it’s Monday but fuck it I love watches.
This is one of my favs

Gman.45
05-03-2021, 08:52 AM
SJW, you have a fantastic collection, based on the 4 or 5 watches you posted last page in the thread, plus this Seiko. Love it. Maybe I'll post today/Monday myself later on as well. Watches/higher end knives/.22 handguns are the 3 things I truly have loved collecting over the years. Your 5.56 rifle round in the last pic (looks like 5.56 anyway) has inspired...

SJW
05-03-2021, 09:12 AM
SJW, you have a fantastic collection, based on the 4 or 5 watches you posted last page in the thread, plus this Seiko. Love it. Maybe I'll post today/Monday myself later on as well. Watches/higher end knives/.22 handguns are the 3 things I truly have loved collecting over the years. Your 5.56 rifle round in the last pic (looks like 5.56 anyway) has inspired...

It's a 223. I'm all about guns n watches.

killramos
05-03-2021, 09:22 AM
Guns and Watches are fun

Gman.45
05-04-2021, 07:57 AM
It's a 223. I'm all about guns n watches.

Figured so - .223/5.56. What type of firearms are you into? At my max I had about 80, but I worked in the business, and 1/2 of that number were .22 handguns I'd been collecting since I was 18. About 20 AR platforms/uppers as well. I also have been collecting PC flight sim HOTAS systems since I was 12, I have a few dozen various sets, and have invested enough to buy a couple new Submariners on Virpil and VKB hardware in the last few years (new upstarts in high end flight sim controllers).

Sorry, don't want to drag the thread off topic - both of these were gifts, the Hoback Husky knife is about the best $1000 CAD you can spend on a knife IMO, 12oz of titanium frame that is absolutely perfect in terms of construction, screws, lock up, pivot/etc. 1/4 inch/6.4 MM Nitro-V "Supersteel" blade. Huge, heavy, love it. The Sea Dweller was used and a gift from my uncle who has since passed. Either my Iphone SE camera sucks, or I suck at using it (more likely).

vengie
05-04-2021, 08:19 AM
^^ You would be a fascinating person to take for a beer.

ExtraSlow
05-04-2021, 08:42 AM
^^ You would be a fascinating person to take for a beer.

I'm in for a watches and guns night at a brewery.

killramos
05-04-2021, 08:47 AM
I'm in for a watches and guns night at a brewery.

#Texas

Gman.45
05-04-2021, 09:05 AM
I'm in once we're back in Calgary. Texas = hopefully our home in the future, heh. My father was in the ICU for most of March with Covid 19, he had pneumonia, kidney failure, and some other infections that really kicked his ass, resulting from the Covid initial infection (this is what the doctors/nurses tell me at least). Had him back at his home for April, but he was experiencing massive "brain fog", it was like he instantly got Alzheimers - finally took him back to the ER, they admitted him, then gave me the whole "ho hum" deal about his condition, and wouldn't let me stay with him in the hospital due to Covid rules.

They called me 6 hours later and said he was in arrest, not breathing, no heartbeat, and to get back there. Broke the speed of sound on the ground getting there (LC 500 is loud when pressed, amazed we didn't get called in at 4am in such a small town), and he was already back conscious by the time we arrived. But, he's back in the ICU, so we'll be staying in his town for a while. Again, once we're back in Calgary, I think a guns/watches/cars/etc meetup would be a lot of fun, I've only met a few Beyonders in person with the motorbikes/cars I've sold back in the day, and would be great to know more in person...

Again, sorry for the o/t babbling, I'll keep it down now.

vengie
05-04-2021, 09:14 AM
I like guns, watches, beer and cars.

Dare I say we add some BBQ into the mix?

killramos
05-04-2021, 09:16 AM
I like guns, watches, beer and cars.

Dare I say we add some BBQ into the mix?

I’d be disappointed if it didn’t.

SJW
05-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Gman I'm into hunting so I mostly shoot to eat meat and a couple of 9mm rifles for the home. My favorite fuck shit up rifle is the Keltec sub 2000 that folds in my backpack when I hike (not in city carry). No one knows im packin and I have 3 magazines ready to party.

My main hunting rifle is a 300 winmag Tikka with Swaro scope. I shoot 200gr big boys. I can hit an animal anywhere and it goes down.

Now im into vintage motorcycles. I'm building an old honda CB right now.

My previous build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6GFoI8nPo8 So to recap, watches, guns, motorcycles and killing ungulates.

littledan
05-04-2021, 11:37 AM
Dont hate on my big toe.

Gman.45
05-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Nice Littledan, even with the toe. Are you left handed, or are you carrying(cough training) that right handed IWB/appendix?

Gman I'm into hunting so I mostly shoot to eat meat and a couple of 9mm rifles for the home. My favorite fuck shit up rifle is the Keltec sub 2000 that folds in my backpack when I hike (not in city carry). No one knows im packin and I have 3 magazines ready to party.

My main hunting rifle is a 300 winmag Tikka with Swaro scope. I shoot 200gr big boys. I can hit an animal anywhere and it goes down.

Now im into vintage motorcycles. I'm building an old honda CB right now.

My previous build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6GFoI8nPo8 So to recap, watches, guns, motorcycles and killing ungulates.

I have 2 rifles myself that are setup w/300 winmag and Nightforce optics, my friend who trained me mostly on precision rifle was an x Marine Scout/Sniper, and had instructed at the Marine Sniper school and mountain warfare school, and back then the USMCs precision rifles were .300 winmag. Great round for everything, so much better performance in range and energy than .308 (have several 308 rifles too).

Also, VERY cool bike SJW, that's fantastic. Ya, I want that bike now. I also laughed out loud at your recent green Mopar burnout vid too. I've ridden a lot of different bikes too, but nothing like your CB. I do have a good friend in the USA who builds/restores/rides similar bikes to yours, he sent this pic just a few weeks ago of what he's been riding now.

killramos
05-04-2021, 06:54 PM
Dont hate on my big toe.

Another Walther Master Race affionado!

littledan
05-04-2021, 07:47 PM
Nice Littledan, even with the toe. Are you left handed, or are you carrying(cough training) that right handed IWB/appendix?

Due to the recent Butts/Trudeau legislation that implements an assault on law-abiding watch owners, I can neither confirm nor deny that I own, train, conceal, or operate a fully automatic assault watch, capable of displaying 3 functions simultaneously, while running perpetually without ever needing a battery change. These types of fully automatic assault watches have no place in our society, even though the government has specifically authorised their purchase, ownership, and use for decades.
Nobody needs a seiko snk009 to take down a deer, and I for one have no intention of owning said watch when the authorities pay a visit to my residence to verify the watch has been stored according to the legislated provisions of being inserted into a condom and subsequently inserted into my prison wallet as the watch was lost, if ever owned, during a tragic mountain trialathalon canoe accident near Canmore.

Yours truly,

Mr. I.w.b. Strongside

Credit for the very astute observation whilst ignoring the toe.

Another Walther Master Race affionado!

My walther identifies as an FDE glock 19 w/ threaded barrel.

C4S
05-07-2021, 10:48 AM
Seems like lots of beyonders like Omega Seamaster, and also Honda!

Semi Vintage Seamaster Navy Blue dial from the late 90s!

ercchry
05-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Pacman
05-07-2021, 11:07 AM

theedge111
05-07-2021, 03:49 PM
New addition to the collection this week, thinking about it for a year now and it was just sitting there at J Vair.

taemo
05-07-2021, 10:09 PM

that's hot, what SPB version is that?

Pacman
05-07-2021, 10:30 PM
that's hot, what SPB version is that?

SLA025

It's going to be for sale soon if you are interested. Wears a bit bigger than I like.

Gman.45
05-08-2021, 05:55 AM
Beautiful Omega, again, something very similar is my next watch purchase. Speaking of Honda as well, I just drove home from visiting my dad in the ICU this morning, he's back in AGAIN post Covid related issues, and there is a Honda dealer right on the way out of the hospital road. They've got a new red Civic Type R, I'm going to go sit in it later today to check it out in person.

Great Tag Formula 1 Ercchry - my first ever decent watch purchase for myself was a Tag Heuer circa 1996.

Pacman, very nice, gl with a sale, I don't own any Seiko watches, maybe I should rectify that, so I might be interested if/when you decide to sell.

TheEdge111, I'm not very familiar with Sinn watches. Any info/intel on what you think about yours? After reading a bit about them this AM they seem to be very reasonably priced for what you get.

This thread = good times.

Team_Mclaren
05-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Seems like lots of beyonders like Omega Seamaster, and also Honda!
!

I'll keep the theme going then?!

https://i.imgur.com/xGUsmbL.jpg

Gman.45
05-14-2021, 10:25 AM
^^ So, so sick Team Mac, both wristwatch and car.

No pics for me until next Friday, but I finally found an Omega I liked (used, fantastic condition, pretty fair price too), and it'll be here early next week. I was so tempted to pick off the Civic Type R that I've been looking at all day/night from the window in my father's hospital room. He's been improving rapidly after coding out just a week and half ago, and kept telling me to "go buy that car, I'm tired of you pining for it". Still holding out for what I had planned to buy this summer instead though, but man, the Honda pics along with the watches had me talking to myself (again). I did sit in that Type R - man, Honda makes a great interior, fit me perfectly.

So, next week, a couple new watch pics, maybe accompanied some of the new blades I got in as well (some high end Medfords and a Shirogorov that don't make it up here all that often now thanks to the CBSA). Maybe some bullet chuckers too, we'll see.

So I hope some others put up some Friday pics today......

SJW
05-14-2021, 11:53 AM
Need to change the dial but need new hands. Perhaps winter time.

Gman.45
05-14-2021, 11:57 AM
Wow, love it. Any idea what year it was made? Holy effballs SJW, how many watches do you have?!

SJW
05-14-2021, 12:03 PM
Wow, love it. Any idea what year it was made? Holy effballs SJW, how many watches do you have?!

Ha. A few. I just sold my Explorer II and bought a quad. Not sure how much i'll regret that but fuck it. Time to have some fun.

Also, this one is built and put together by me.

MM99lude
05-14-2021, 12:20 PM
Not mine - but borrowed it for the day :love:

C4S
05-14-2021, 12:21 PM
Need to change the dial but need new hands. Perhaps winter time.

Nice ...
But isn't the "non logo" Dial smaller in size?

C4S
05-14-2021, 12:26 PM
^^ So, so sick Team Mac, both wristwatch and car.

No pics for me until next Friday, but I finally found an Omega I liked (used, fantastic condition, pretty fair price too), and it'll be here early next week. I was so tempted to pick off the Civic Type R that I've been looking at all day/night from the window in my father's hospital room. He's been improving rapidly after coding out just a week and half ago, and kept telling me to "go buy that car, I'm tired of you pining for it". Still holding out for what I had planned to buy this summer instead though, but man, the Honda pics along with the watches had me talking to myself (again). I did sit in that Type R - man, Honda makes a great interior, fit me perfectly.

So, next week, a couple new watch pics, maybe accompanied some of the new blades I got in as well (some high end Medfords and a Shirogorov that don't make it up here all that often now thanks to the CBSA). Maybe some bullet chuckers too, we'll see.

So I hope some others put up some Friday pics today......

Nice, lots of Omega (and Rolex) lovers here ...

I recommend to buy Omega from Japan, usually mint condition, and fair price too. (with weak Yen lately) However, duty/tax/shipping/handling fees could be very high too, depends your luck! But some models/version we don't see here, worth to try! :)

SJW
05-14-2021, 01:03 PM
Nice ...
But isn't the "non logo" Dial smaller in size?

Optical illusion due to the curved plexi.

Gman.45
05-14-2021, 02:27 PM
Nice, lots of Omega (and Rolex) lovers here ...

I recommend to buy Omega from Japan, usually mint condition, and fair price too. (with weak Yen lately) However, duty/tax/shipping/handling fees could be very high too, depends your luck! But some models/version we don't see here, worth to try! :)

I just ordered my first watch from Japan, just to see how it goes with a less expensive one prior to getting something higher up the food chain. Bought a Casio G Shock MT-G MTGB1000D-1A stainless, for $850 from Japan which $300 less than any Canadian dealer I could find. Friend of mine had one when I bumped into him last week, and I was really impressed, and since he lives in Gatineau and we only see one another once or twice a year, he didn't care if I bought the identical watch as him. So, I'll take that advice belatedly. I have 2 Rolex and one Omega now (Sea Dweller and Stainless/Black Submariner), but I'll hopefully expand this year a bit.

C4S
05-14-2021, 02:52 PM
I just ordered my first watch from Japan, just to see how it goes with a less expensive one prior to getting something higher up the food chain. Bought a Casio G Shock MT-G MTGB1000D-1A stainless, for $850 from Japan which $300 less than any Canadian dealer I could find. Friend of mine had one when I bumped into him last week, and I was really impressed, and since he lives in Gatineau and we only see one another once or twice a year, he didn't care if I bought the identical watch as him. So, I'll take that advice belatedly. I have 2 Rolex and one Omega now (Sea Dweller and Stainless/Black Submariner), but I'll hopefully expand this year a bit.

In general, price for almost everything is cheaper in Japan than here, (not cars or house) even with 11-12% duty/tax, and $50-100 shipping fee, but for watches, only come with domestic Japan warranty. (Some retailers charge extra 5000yen + packaging fee, beware.

(Such nice day to go park with kids! Finally, outdoor watch photo with some Seiko love ! )

Disoblige
05-14-2021, 04:00 PM
Just came in the mail.
Love this!!!

Gman.45
05-18-2021, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the advice re Japan, C4S. Great Seiko as well, a good Seiko is on my list for sure.

Disoblige, I love GShocks myself, I have a similar XL sized watch of theirs, and am about to get one of the Gshock steel watches in shortly, the MT-G MTGB1000D-1A model. Such great watches for the $.

It's not Friday, but I'm not the first to break the rules, plus I'll be out on the water on a friends boat that day. Finally got one off the list (Good used Omega)

Two things I always take with me one I go out, besides the usual wallet/keys/phone. A watch, and a pocket knife/tool. Posted before I was waiting on my Omega, it's got some miles on it, but it was a great deal. The Medford Knife and Tool (MKT) knife is excellent as well, slightly smaller than the last one (Hoback Husky) - this is the MKT 187 Flipper model, the titanium sides are both .187 width, as is the PVD coated D2 tool steel blade. Flips like a laser, crazy edge, and for the $800 after tax/shipping, probably my favorite folder knife atm. Thick, tough, chunky, yet precise instrument and tool.

Pacman
05-19-2021, 10:30 AM
In general, price for almost everything is cheaper in Japan than here, (not cars or house) even with 11-12% duty/tax, and $50-100 shipping fee, but for watches, only come with domestic Japan warranty. (Some retailers charge extra 5000yen + packaging fee, beware.

(Such nice day to go park with kids! Finally, outdoor watch photo with some Seiko love ! )

my favorite Seiko. I had the black dial version last year and sold it. Got the SLA025 and like it but I should have got the blue SLA023 and put the difference in my piggy bank.

msommers
05-19-2021, 02:45 PM
Anyone bought a watch from DYI Watch Club? Looks fun!

lint
05-20-2021, 11:57 AM
Just came in the mail.
Love this!!!

statick
05-21-2021, 10:25 AM

SJW
05-21-2021, 10:38 AM

ThePenIsMightier
05-21-2021, 10:54 AM
Friday of a Loonnng Weekend!

rage2
05-21-2021, 12:04 PM
Monaco race weekend, McLaren Gulf colors.

littledan
05-21-2021, 02:01 PM
Poverty watch to slum up this thread after the last 2 posts

BokCh0y
05-21-2021, 05:09 PM

Not as fancy as your Monaco, but just for you:

https://i.imgur.com/khVZ1jF.jpg

shakalaka
05-21-2021, 05:31 PM

Really need to add one of these to the collection. Doesn't need to be Gulf but that would be extra sweet.

adamc
05-28-2021, 09:00 AM
On the Dreamliner to YYZ this morning.

Gman.45
05-28-2021, 12:29 PM
^^ Very nice Adam - fellow Sea Dweller fan/owner too, I'm thinking of getting a new stainless one as well myself. How's the Dreamliner seats in your opinion compared with other current liners?

Team_Mclaren
05-31-2021, 02:37 PM
Where did people get their AP? Looking for a specific Royal oak. Does Brinkhaus carry them?

SJW
07-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Imma build this watch. Stay tuned.

SJW
07-15-2021, 11:04 AM

Kg810
07-15-2021, 01:58 PM
Nice man, excited to see how it turns out.

SJW
07-15-2021, 04:20 PM
Nice man, excited to see how it turns out.

They sent a shitty AR coated crystal so I had to order one. This one will take a while to get together.

Like who has a watch with this?

C4S
07-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Yah ... this fits Stampede outfit quite well!

littledan
07-16-2021, 02:15 PM
Sweet! Just got the call from the AD. Got a 79030B with my name on it on a stainless bracelet!

SJW
07-19-2021, 02:39 PM
Waitin for a Crystal.

03ozwhip
07-19-2021, 08:23 PM
Waitin for a Crystal.

Ooohhhh that dial. Is this a personal?

SJW
07-19-2021, 08:27 PM
This is the save the ocean manga ray dial. The dark spots above the 6 are subtle manta rays.

SJW
07-20-2021, 10:36 AM
Here’s a better shot. I quite like this dial.

SJW
07-22-2021, 09:05 AM
Quick n dirty nh36 submariner seiko

Kg810
07-22-2021, 10:06 AM
:thumbsup:

littledan
07-23-2021, 11:33 AM
Yassss

SJW
07-23-2021, 01:13 PM
May as well post her all done up

03ozwhip
07-23-2021, 09:47 PM
May as well post her all done up

Love it.

SJW
07-30-2021, 09:32 AM
No watch wearin today but I am going to try my hand at building a GMT watch with a swiss movement. Ordered the case today. Will aquire the parts over the next few months.

Skyline_Addict
08-06-2021, 07:13 PM
My trusty Carrera.

https://i.ibb.co/g7vkcMC/01-D985-DA-E5-D6-45-F6-A9-C7-6-C146-A854811.jpg (https://ibb.co/Mh8FJDL)

C4S
08-13-2021, 05:39 PM
Busy day, and enjoy this lovely GS, still think this is great value for $6k, good size (42mm)great movement, top notch fit/finish and half the price of a Rolex! :D

littledan
08-13-2021, 10:12 PM
Got my sub back from warranty service in 3 weeks round trip!

SJW
08-16-2021, 02:39 PM
Building a 42mm GMT watch. Black dial with red GMT hand. I still need to pick up a movement and the hands. Not sure what hands to go with yet.

The watch will have a 2893 ETA GMT movement. Swiss made. Should be interesting. I fantasize about making my own diver/gmt watch line that are custom made to clients choosing. Who has the time?

Bakelite Bezel

ETA 2893

littledan
08-20-2021, 02:43 PM
Back on the deck! #fuckthesewasps