PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Subaru WRX

EacydeLude
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
So I've been on the search for a new vehicle for some time now and came across the 04 WRX. I took it for a test drive and quite liked it. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Calgary Subaru or Centura Subaru in terms of barganing, service ect. Since I have a 99 prelude I would most likely be doing a trade. Calgary Subaru's first offer on my car was 17,000 with a 1190gst savings on the new vehicle so basically $18190. I know I can sell it for more privatly but I would save time and the hassel. I just want to know if anyone has bought a new vehicle @ Subaru and how flexable they are on their prices. Also what does everyone think of the 04 wrx? Oh and BTW If I had the money I would be getting a STI:drool:

00redLUDE
01-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Sorry, a bit off topic but any mods on your prelude you might want to part out before the trade in? Good luck :thumbsup:

CRXguy
01-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I bought my car at Centaur. I traded in my 2002 Protege5 for a 2003 WRX wagon. They gave me full value for the P5, so I didn't get too much of a discount on the WRX, but it's alright. Save myself the headaches of a private sale.

Here's a discussion on dealer services for both in Calgary. I've only dealt with Centaur, and they were alright, except they tried to pull a quick one on me when I returned the loaner.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=483462

Hope that helps.

max_boost
01-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Love the new face lift on the 04 Imprezas:thumbsup:
My family has purchased two new Subies from Centaur on Macleod over the last few years. Sales and service has always been good.

How many kms do you have on your Prelude? I think that's a very solid price they are giving you and wouldn't hesitate in trading your car in.

Good luck on the purchase.:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
01-20-2004, 03:28 PM
I did not like the people at Centaur at all , so i went up North and got my STi there.

STi is the way to go if you have the extra cash.

:thumbsup:

switch
01-20-2004, 03:32 PM
From my experience the following is KEY:

-> Sales goto Centaur.
-> Maintenance goto Charles English.

-----------------------------------

I came this >< close to spending 40Gs on an '04 WRX, backed out the last minute saved myself 10Gs+ and bought an '02.

CRXguy
01-20-2004, 03:36 PM
^^
bugeyes look nicer anyways! :rofl:

JAYMEZ
01-20-2004, 03:41 PM
From my experience , Sales in Centaur are F^ckin liars who dont know jack about the cars they sell , and dont give the time of day to help out a teen. :guns:

But if you DO go to Centaur anyways , do not get helped by the guy whos desk is right beside the door , he is a dick :thumbsdow

switch
01-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
^^
bugeyes look nicer anyways! :rofl:

hehe, I have always liked em' -- my dad calls the '04s hyundeyes :D

switch
01-20-2004, 03:45 PM
I would rather buy new at Rally Subaru -- awesome guys -- in Deadmonton and get warranty/maintenance work done at Charles English.

Here is a thread about our two local shops I created last week on nasioc: CLICK ME MOFO (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=483462)

Gets a little heated up with racial tension near the end but a good read nonetheless. :D

EacydeLude
01-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I am going to head down to Centaur tonight so we'll see. Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket boost gauge that can be installed and where to get it? I dont want to pay 700 bucks for the factory one.

If there were any 2002 models around I would probably pick one of them up instead.

The only modifications I have left on the prelude are the H&R sport springs with AGX shocks. Everything else has been sold. FYI The car has 107xxx KMS.

cujo_cjc
01-20-2004, 03:52 PM
I like the new facelift better than the bug eyes ;)
The bug eyes are still nice tho :thumbsup:

switch
01-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by EacydeLude
Thanks for the info. I am going to head down to Centaur tonight so we'll see. Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket boost gauge that can be installed and where to get it? I dont want to pay 700 bucks for the factory one.

If there were any 2002 models around I would probably pick one of them up instead.

The only modifications I have left on the prelude are the H&amp;R sport springs with AGX shocks. Everything else has been sold. FYI The car has 107xxx KMS.

Do you plan to mod your WRX? aftermarket ECU? or do you just want a boost gauge regardless?

PM spyguy -- he has a pimp white '02 WRX for sale :D

Shaolin
01-20-2004, 04:04 PM
I came >< close to buying an 00 2.5RS at Centaur.. Went to the Sales Manager to negotiate the final price.. they wanted me to pay 28, i said I'll pay 26.8.. he said we'll meet half way.. I said no, 26.8.. he said "Obviously you don't want the car enough."

nice sales guy.. if he wasn't at work I would've slugged him. Never going to Centaur again just for that reason.

CRXguy
01-20-2004, 04:06 PM

You could get 3 60mm gauges for around $700. The factory one looks stupid ugly! :rofl:

If I were you, I'd rather have a brand new car. But that's just me, cuz I'm sorta picky! lol

Fuji
01-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Subaru warranty is horrendous. I have been ripped off numerous times. Be ready to fork out money on maintenance.

switch
01-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
Subaru warranty is horrendous. I have been ripped off numerous times. Be ready to fork out money on maintenance.

Like what? I haven't had any problems....yet

sml
01-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Holy smokes, you can get $18G for the lude??? :eek: I'm trading mine in too! :D

JAYMEZ
01-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Ive had no problems yet , but i do have a cracked window :(

EacydeLude
01-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey SML whats up? You got the awd fever too?? After getting back in the lude from my test drive I was like damn this thing is slow....:zzz:

FiveFreshFish
01-20-2004, 05:48 PM
I wanted to test-drive a WRX when they first arrived in the fall of 2001. Centaur insisted that I sign a conditional sales agreement before they would let me test one, but they said "don't worry, you won't have to buy it if you really don't like it."

Screw that, so I test drove one at Charles English with no such hassle at all. Because of this, I will buy from them if my next car is a Subie.

That.Guy.S30
01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
yo if you go to centuar tonight go talk to hieubert kwong.. some chinese guy.. he'll toss you a nice deal

and on the 2002 big wrx.. good luck finding one at the dealerships in town.. hard to find them unless its a personal sale.. o yea check out toyota/lexus on 32nd.. they have a bug eyes in the used car department last week.. dunno if its still htere tho

benyl
01-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Sales at Charles English wouldn't give me the time of day. I think I wrote about it in a thread somewhere.

Sales at Centaur don't seem to know the product.

It bugs me when I know more about the car then the salesman.

sml
01-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey SML whats up? You got the awd fever too?? After getting back in the lude from my test drive I was like damn this thing is slow....:zzz:

Hey dude, yea, I've been looking to upgrade the lude. ie) stop putting money into it cause it's still slow as hell! I've been eyeing an old 02 wrx... read on the wrx forums that a simple header, up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, etc can net you some serious gain! Plus I'm tired of changing to winter tires and getting stuck in the snow in the fwd! I need AWD POWER!!! haha! :rofl: If you're serious, there's this one in the herald 02 wrx selling for $27k. Check it out. Plus there's like 2 members on here who are also selling theirs, but they come fully suped up and they come with a pretty hefty price tag! Maybe we can do a group buy and get a sweeter deal for 2! :rofl: best of luck in your search.

CRXguy
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Header is pretty useless unless you got monster mods. You should be happy, for a while, with up/downpipe/exhaust. :rofl:

Any of you guys want a wagon with some mods? ;)

carzcraz
01-20-2004, 07:57 PM
EacydeLude,

Not sure how much you're looking to spend on a WRX, but I thought this was a pretty good deal....considering that it's an 04 with 11,800km with sunroof and custom exhaust. The owner is asking for only $33900 OBO in Edmonton

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27ALB%27%2C%27EDM%27%2C%27CAL%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=2002&yto=0&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=4&mk=Subaru&md=wrx&kw=&rc=&or=0&oby=7&pg=1&vid=2877153

Good luck on your search :thumbsup

carzcraz
01-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Say I'm probably gonna get burned for suggesting this but there are some really insane deals on 02/03 WRX with LOW k's in Quebec (haha, I can hear the yelling now).

It also costs about $830CDN (gst included) to ship the car down through Searail....this is according to a price quote on an 01 TT 225Q

Just my 2 cents.:thumbsup:

googe
01-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Ive had no problems yet , but i do have a cracked window :(

I just got my cracked window on Sunday :(

My gas gauge is posessed too.

JAYMEZ
01-20-2004, 09:51 PM
lol that aint good googe. I got mine redirected to make a U shape .... gonna get a new window when the rocks are gone.