PDA

View Full Version : deck install help

legereandrew4
01-20-2004, 03:18 PM
ok, Im trying to put a Panosonic CQ-DF301U in my car. I have all the speaker wires and what not connected properly ive gone over it liek 10 times, but im not getting the deck to work. It worked last night, then i bumped the wires, cause they are not sudered yet and ive only got it to turn on once since then... I dunno what im doing wrong... if any one has some help for wiring it, it could possibly help. thanks

dasdin
01-20-2004, 05:32 PM
gonna hate to to hear it but rewire it man.....

try installdr.com

Speed_Dreams
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Check your fuses. maybe some of your wires touched metal and grounded out and accidentally poped a fuse
It happened to me in my supr aand it pissed me off. then i took it to A&B and they installed it for $40 and they said it only needed a fuse

Weapon_R
01-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Gotta be your stereo fuse...

core_upt
01-20-2004, 09:17 PM
might be a grounding wire - If the connection is a little of there won't be any power delivered. That's my bet.

legereandrew4
01-22-2004, 10:32 PM
OK its a new problem now, The only way i can get power to the deck is if i attach the speakers wires to the power wire(red) but there is no sound from the speakers... ahh this is pissing me off... haha any advice?

legereandrew4
02-01-2004, 02:56 AM
bump

KLCC
02-01-2004, 03:39 AM
you shouldn't have any sound from the front, am I correct?

if so, you need to power the speaker....because the speaker probably had build-in amplifier, as i discover when I install my deck for the 240sx.

legereandrew4
02-01-2004, 05:17 AM
I had an after marketdeck in before, just I got a diff deck now and put it in, and there is no sounds from front. or rear.

dj_rice
02-01-2004, 05:43 AM
I had the same problem with my 240 when I tried installing a aftermarket deck in it..

The problem with mine is becuz I have what is called the "Active Speaker" system where each speaker is running off of a factory amp...so basically u gotta re-wire ur whole car to bypass the amps somehow...

The guy at Future Shop did the wiring for me, and what he did was I'm not exactly sure but he grounded one wire to my frame and then suddenly my speakers work..

Do u have the Active Speaker system to?

legereandrew4
02-01-2004, 05:45 AM
hmmmm.... now that you tell me that, I do remember 2 wires being grounded when i took ym old deck out... haha im a look at that soon, even though is 5am. thanks

dj_rice
02-01-2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah like I tried re-wiring it myself and never worked..tried re-wiring it with my friend..it didnt work..so I paid the future shop guy $20 bucks to wire it for like almost 1 hr...he couldnt figure it out either til he started tinkering around and found out...I paid $10 for parts and $10 for labour..cuz none of my friends could figure out how so I let the pro do it..

But yeah...he has one wire...that he ground to the metal where my gearbox and put a screw to hold it there..cant remember the color..I'll check 2morrow...I think it was 1 or 2 wires..pretty sure thats why...

Like is ur deck turning on at least?Cuz my deck was turning on but no sound at all comin from the speakers til he ground it

legereandrew4
02-01-2004, 06:29 AM
yep turning on and cd playing every ting works, just no sound.

dj_rice
02-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Yeap..sounds like same problem as mine..

Try grounding whatever wires it is that needs to be grounded...like if u have any extra wires...try touching each one to the metal frame and see what happens...

And hopefully you've connected the right combo of speaker wires...I know one side is purple and grey..

U prolli do have the Active Speaker system