PDA

View Full Version : American sites = teh su><0rz

403Gemini
01-20-2004, 03:37 PM
NO american site for car parts will let me pay with my visa... fuckers. Anybody know any good CANADIAN sites?

JAYMEZ
01-20-2004, 03:38 PM
You sure??? Call your CC company , sometimes you gota pay a fee for Internet use.

403Gemini
01-20-2004, 03:45 PM
oh no, ive ordered TONS of shit off the net but all these fuckin sites i goto say they accept master card and visa n shit, then i regeister, goto pay, and then they say "for international orders (outside United States) American Express and Money orders only accepted" 2 fuckin sites, ive given up

1badPT
01-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah when you bring stuff in from other countries, you basically play by their rules, and some of them have some pretty stupid rules. Try emailing the webmaster/shop owner and tell them you'd like to buy, but money orders and amex are not options for you. If they want to sell bad enough, they'll make it happen. They may have to do it as a manual transaction or they may ask if your "Canadian Credit card" has a verification number printed on the back (and it does - they act like we're from a different planet).

I'd give that a shot.

But I feel your pain. All my aftermarket parts (ok most) I have to bring in from the states, so I've been going through the same bs. Luckily, the shops I've dealt with have been very accomodating.

403Gemini
01-20-2004, 03:56 PM
good idea, thx pt (and no its not the website you suggested to me, its another one for a reverse gauage)

Canadian 2.5RS
01-20-2004, 04:13 PM
see if you can get around it by paying with paypal.

ive done it that way before.

403Gemini
01-20-2004, 04:27 PM
not a bad idea with paypal! i emailed em askin if theres anything we can do, if they say "nope we need american express" then ill suggest pay pal

notoriouS
01-20-2004, 06:38 PM
uhmm.... plz dont go around saying that america is stupid becuase you cant buy a part.. lol

Canadian 2.5RS
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
he didnt. he said american websites are stupid and here in CANADA we allow people to express thier opinion.

:drama:

Seanith
01-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
Yeah when you bring stuff in from other countries, you basically play by their rules, and some of them have some pretty stupid rules. Try emailing the webmaster/shop owner and tell them you'd like to buy, but money orders and amex are not options for you. If they want to sell bad enough, they'll make it happen. They may have to do it as a manual transaction or they may ask if your &quot;Canadian Credit card&quot; has a verification number printed on the back (and it does - they act like we're from a different planet).

I'd give that a shot.

But I feel your pain. All my aftermarket parts (ok most) I have to bring in from the states, so I've been going through the same bs. Luckily, the shops I've dealt with have been very accomodating.

Yeah some companys are just retarded. I had a hard time finding oem floormats for my car, and the places that did have them pretty much had it in their company policy that they would'nt ship to canada :thumbsdow

403Gemini
01-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by notoriouS
uhmm.... plz dont go around saying that america is stupid becuase you cant buy a part.. lol

tell your president to fund for better education so you can learn to read, then maybe my opinion of the states will change, and as stated above, its about the websites being so ignorant not to ship to their freakin neighbors. fuck its pretty much no different then shipping to another state. its not like its over seas!

notoriouS
01-20-2004, 08:34 PM
tell my president to do what?? o i typed a word wrong on the computer o i cant write wow shows how smart u r canadian... and itsa diffrent country.. OBVIOUSLY you would think that would happen.

403Gemini
01-21-2004, 01:44 AM
tell my president to do what?? o i typed a word wrong on the computer o i cant write wow shows how smart u r canadian... and itsa diffrent country.. OBVIOUSLY you would think that would happen.

whats wrong with you? you've still got your newb virgin ass here, let alone its basically a calgary based forum and your from florida on here? not dissin the states or anything, you guys are lucky you got sweet weather all year round so you get a chance to drive your sweet rides all year around, and i welcome everybody around the world to this forum, but man just relax for the miscommunication. nobody is being serious when they are dissing the states here anyways so calm down... well except for gts jeff.. hes a bloody communist ;)

notoriouS
01-22-2004, 05:01 PM
ok so if i just came out of no where and say i hate canada and there president because i cant buy certain parts for my car.

notoriouS
01-22-2004, 05:03 PM
"ok so if i just came out of no where and say i hate canada and there president because i cant buy certain parts for my car."
how would you feel? sorry left that out.

1badPT
01-22-2004, 05:25 PM
You can edit your posts :tongue:

And I'd recommend it also, because we don't have a president, we have a prime minister. I understand what your saying though, but keep in mind, he's not saying that the US sucks, he's saying US car sites (ie parts shops and what not) suck because they make it difficult or impossible to get stuff shipped here. Don't take it personal d00d.

notoriouS
01-22-2004, 05:30 PM
ok i undastand now.. k lets rest it.:thumbsup:

E36M3
01-22-2004, 05:33 PM
I think calling them is a pretty good suggestion. Most Visa/MasterCard merchant accounts will only allow the entry of a billing address for the country that they were issued in. Allowing an international shipping address changes the risk profile and requires a different type of merchant account.

FYI-- I've had the same problems at retail stores in Calgary with my American credit cards, so it isn't a problem that is unique to the U.S.

A lot of these sites probably don't realize the opportunity they are missing out on by not accomodating Canadians, especially the dollar back up

Originally posted by 403Gemini
NO american site for car parts will let me pay with my visa... fuckers. Anybody know any good CANADIAN sites? :D :D :D

Sai
01-22-2004, 08:47 PM
omg i love america! waY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheaper parts than u can get in canada
hks super dragger
CAN=1500
U.S=640

like no brainer ! and tires.... omg i wanted 2 bridgestone re750s quoted at a few places 900+can in american i got them for 360u.s, 480CAN shipped to my door!

403Gemini
01-22-2004, 11:33 PM
ok i undastand now.. k lets rest it.:thumbsup:

all good, come to calgary and lets drink beer :D

three.eighteen.
01-23-2004, 06:43 PM
americans havent seen beer like ours...and gemini, i realized that buying parts off the internet from the states is kind of a rip unless its absolutely impossible to find it north of the border...most local shops are about even with the US prices once you factor in shipping, taxes and all that other crap

1badPT
01-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Problem is its harder to find aftermarket parts for the domestics. I'm in the same boat :( I only know one source for the parts that I'm after, and they don't have a very good selection - half of the stuff I want to install, they don't have :thumbsdow

If you know any places though, lets hear them :D

stockEK
01-23-2004, 07:14 PM
What sites?

I'm betting that this isn't a CC issue, just that they wont ship outside the US. Some companies just dont want to deal with international stuff.

I'm inclined to call BS on this one. Visa is more common than AMEX or MC.