PDA

View Full Version : angel eye

Goldberg
01-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Ok well one of my angel eyes went out on my car, can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this? I am blw drying right now as i type this cause the seal was gone :banghead:

Illusionsir
01-20-2004, 06:06 PM
nope, every angeleye on the market is cursed. every set i have install/ever heard about has burned out so far. i was lucky, mine lasted 3 months. your best bet is to just send them back to were you got them from for warrenty.

AquamosH
01-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
nope, every angeleye on the market is cursed. every set i have install/ever heard about has burned out so far. i was lucky, mine lasted 3 months. your best bet is to just send them back to were you got them from for warrenty.

Hehe, mine haven't burnt out....yet. :D

Goldberg
01-20-2004, 06:30 PM
I just tried that and they wanted to keep them and shit so i was like fuck it. They wren't gonna fix them anyways i know they won't. So which is the best way to go about fixing these, I'm taking the cover right off the one and gonna clean it up and shit.

Edit: I wonder, does everyone that have the dual halos get one that burns out, if so maybe its the projector heat that burns it out?

Edit Edit: Ok well if i were anyone dont ever ever buy these piece of shit dual halos there fuckin garbage I just took the other one out and they are both not working. So my advice to anyone do not but angel eye projectors unless there the reallly good ones.

ZorroAMG
01-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Or buy a BMW and actually have real ones.

Goldberg
01-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Well i wouldn't have bought this car if bmws weren't so expensive to fix. Well i just finsished taking the halos off and resealing the lights. Never ever want to do that again:eek:

three.eighteen.
01-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

you can still get fake ones for a bmw! :thumbsup:

ryder_23
01-21-2004, 11:07 AM
or you could also just buy non cheap headlights, and get good angel eyes.

nine8civicSi
01-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

or maybe everyone doesnt have the money to buy a bimmer like you but the still likes the angel eyes! hey theres a thought....

screamer316
02-27-2004, 11:16 PM
My angel eyes have lasted 2 years now although they look funny. One is green and one is blue, go figure:thumbsup:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/404000-404999/404435_12_full.jpg

macdaddy
03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
I just bought a set of dual halo's for my '97 integra, cuz someone backed into my front and cracked the stock ones. i haven't installed them yet, but am wondering if anyone knows how I could wire them up so I could turn the halo's on off a toggle switch....

ZorroAMG
03-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by nine8civicSi

or maybe everyone doesnt have the money to buy a bimmer like you but the still likes the angel eyes! hey theres a thought....

Hey HERE's a thought. Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow.

Riceroni, the San Francisco treat!

GT2NV
03-01-2004, 12:44 PM
:rolleyes:

Hakkola
03-01-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm not gonna flame anybody, I don't really like angel eyes on cars other than BMW's, same with M3 mirrors etc...

It wasn't too bad when only a couple people had them but that's not the case anymore.

Excuse me for even commenting though, I'm trying not to be an asshole but I had to voice my opinion.

djfob
03-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I'm not gonna flame anybody, I don't really like angel eyes on cars other than BMW's, same with M3 mirrors etc...

It wasn't too bad when only a couple people had them but that's not the case anymore.

Excuse me for even commenting though, I'm trying not to be an asshole but I had to voice my opinion.

I agree, it's just like how the altezza lights should only be on altezzas. Also if they were made better. You spend more time fixing and tweeking than you do enjoying them.

sputnik
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
arent angel eyes lit with LEDs?

if so they really shouldnt burn out

GT2NV
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

thanx for clearing that up:thumbsup: :)

ZorroAMG
03-01-2004, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes:

FiveFreshFish
03-02-2004, 12:03 AM
The Hella E36 CELIS retrofit lights are probably one of the best on the market.

http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/NewLook/Press/images/E36_close.jpg

three.eighteen.
03-02-2004, 12:13 AM
uggh those celis lights are ugly...the rings are too small and the housing is all chromed...im going for the good ol zkw's once i scrounge enough cash