PDA

View Full Version : Good Lunches for Bulking?

-relk-
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
I am currently trying to bulk for the next 5 months and am having trouble thinking of some lunches to take to work. I work downtown so I can't go home for lunch. Does anyone have any tips or anything they can share with what to take out for lunch? Needs to be high in protein, good carbs, and some good fats as well. Gotta be high cal too. Right now I usually take a couple apples, bananas, yogurt, variety of nuts, and either buy subway/quiznos or take some peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I am looking for something to replace the PB and banana sandwiches so feel free to offer some advice!

Also, I normally workout right before lunch so I have my protein shake with my lunch as well.

schocker
08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Try this and put in your goal and see what it comes up with since the only thing I can think of right now is to dirty bulk
http://swole.me/

Boat
08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Mondo Burrito?

-relk-
08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Try this and put in your goal and see what it comes up with since the only thing I can think of right now is to dirty bulk
http://swole.me/

I am really contemplating doing a mild dirty bulk. I have been trying to do a clean bulk since the start of May (it has been a bit dirty), and was up 15 pounds as of last week. I injured my wrist and ankle, so I didnt work out last week and was not eating as much as I normally do, and I lost 2 freakin pounds in that week :( So i don't think it will be a problem for me to loose pounds when I get to my goal of 185, even if it is a little more fat than I had planned.

Looks like I might just start to make some chicken breasts for the week and take some with me each day.

colinxx235
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Depending on your size/appetite. I would suggest Sunday Night cook a whack load of chicken (however you like, with or w/o veggies/spices/sauces) and then cook some quinoa (great super grain) or wild/brown rice. Pack 2-3 breasts in a tin with some quinoa for lunch. Keep the pb/banana sandwiches for breakfast =)

schocker
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Well if you are looking to do it faster and not as healthy, you can do like crappy frozen food, fast food etc. It is quick and convenient but not very good for you. Colin's idea is probably best, and if you are able to cook lots at once, it saves you a ton of time. I have been meaning to do this but keep putting it off and eating kind of crapily. I have gone from 145 when I started working out last year to 170 in about 10 months, not really and fat gain though so it was pure muscle :D

potatopineapple
08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Why are you eating chicken breasts if you are bulking? It's a great time for chicken thighs and drum sticks which tastes so much better anyways. Also stock up on red meat!

I wouldn't consider it "dirty bulking" since it's not empty calories like with fast food.

carbN
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Keep the pb/banana sandwiches for breakfast =)

if your truly bulking, pb and banana would be your snack and post workout snack with your protein shake.

if you want to put on mass, dont be afraid to eat what you want and eat alot. save the bs counting carbs and calories and eat until you explode. if you are actually working out and dedicated to your diet and training you will have no problem gaining mass and weight, losing it would be an uphill climb but just remember mind over matter

max_boost
08-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Why do you think people are fat? Because they eat too much.

LOL

So in essence, to bulk is to gain weight. Just eat everything in site.

Oh you want to do it cleanly? Easy too, do the caveman diet, no processed foods so meat/seafood/fruits/vegetables/nuts and a shit load of it.

Or, take the shortcut and just do a cycle or two. I know a few guys who have done it but they won't admit it haha :D

wintonyk
08-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Caveman all the way. Eat shit tons of quinoa, nuts and meat. Eat some veggies and fruit too as they help with energy metabolism.