PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Juke....opinions?

Canucks3322
08-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Am I totally nuts or has the look of this thing grown on you guys too?? At first I was like WTF? Now I kind of like the look of it. It definitely looks way better and mean looking than it's competitors like the Rogue, Rav4, Scion XB (or whatever it's called), hell I'd even take it over the Infiniti or Acura RDX, looks-wise......I'm looking for something small with 4 wheel drive and a bit more practical than the Wrangler 2 doors and this thing is actually pretty reasonably priced and packs way more value than the Wrangler even though it can't really go off road (I dont go off road so it doesn't matter), I love the interiors too....I'm a bit worried about the resale value and reliability though, there are no incentive offers from Nissan on this car so it must be selling ok?

Sorath
08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
awd models been sold out since november. just starting to get more of these in inventory

mslbebiz
08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
They look fun as hell to drive, and apparently they are with a good little turbo engine, light weight, AWD and decent handling.

Very polarizing looks though, but if you like it who the fuck cares what anyone else thinks.

Canucks3322
08-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Yea I just checked inventories, they got 3 at Stadium and 2 at Brasso...sounds like it's a pretty decent vehicle, but I don't think I can afford the financing, 84 months at almost 8%?? No wonder Hyundai is stealing so many customers....

Yea the look has grown on me a lot, a lot of people thought the Murano was ugly as hell when it first came out too...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I like them but I wouldn't buy one.

blitz
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Can't get the AWD with a manual transmission in Canada for some reason.

Kardon
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Yea the look has grown on me a lot, a lot of people thought the Murano was ugly as hell when it first came out too...
A lot of people still think the Murano is ugly as hell ;)

I bet you can dial up the power easily with the turbo juke

Canucks3322
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
They need to bring back the Geo Tracker/ Suzuki Sidekick is what they need to do :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
08-02-2011, 09:00 PM

2Legit2Quit
08-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Still one of the ugliest vehicles on todays roads imo.

kamakurakid
08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
If you go back in automotive history, the coolest vehicles are so often the ones with unique designs. Now I am not talking Gremlins, Pacers, etc, rather the best of the "uniques" include European only vehicles as well. The Juke is unique, we all complain about the new cars all looking the same and Nissan is countering this. Complainers on all corners?

I think we in NA need to have been exposed to a wider variety of car designs, can you really tell the difference between all cars at 50 yards? S. Korea and Japan seem to copy one another and the water is very luke warm. This is not government work, this is vehicle design and the more far out the better for the industry.

dino_martini
08-03-2011, 04:08 PM
I saw quite a few on my drive from Calgary - Vancouver and back earlier in July. I think they look quite good.

I believe this picture has been posted here before, I'm fairly sure its a chop, but damn if you could get an AWD + Turbo + Manual transmission Juke like this:

http://fancytuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nissan-juke-custom.jpg

:drool:

Canucks3322
08-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Oddly enough, it looks way nicer at normal car height or lower lol I think cuz the headlights on the hood level actually look normal at that height whereas when it's SUV height they look non existent.

Damn Nissan, they are offering 84 month zero % financing on all their usual cars now except the Juke :banghead:

Zephyr
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Fun car, but ribbit...ribbit...ribbit

tom_9109
08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Looks like a murano raped a kia leading to a illegitimate rape child known as the juke.

Gibson
08-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't get why manual isn't offered with AWD on a lot of cars. The Toyota Matrix has the same problem. I would love an AWD Matrix hatch with a 5 or 6-speed but for some reason you can't order it. Anyone know why?

n1zm0
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
^ its like the IS250/350 AWD with no manual transmission, some sort of misconception in Japan that North american's dont give a shit for AWD+manual (just like how gas engine turbocharging never really caught on in north america because the yankees just kept building N/A gas chugging boats and in turn killed any chance of japanese turbo models from really selling here), at the very LEAST Canada should be considered for AWD+manual transmission options.

Sugarphreak
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Skyline_Addict
08-04-2011, 11:04 AM
saw one parked the other day. I thought it was really eye catching and it's neat to know it's got nice performance as well. This is the only other car other than a GT-R that caught my interest from Nissan within the last 10 years.

baygirl
08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I took a friends Juke for a test drive. While I enjoyed the actual driving, I would never buy one. I just can't get past the appearance...looks like it was put in a compacter and squat to me.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
The suspension is BRUTAL on it IMO, not what I would expect from a small SUV. I wanted comfort. I got no such thing. (test drove an AWD Turbo) It was pretty quick, and probably has my favourite interior of any vehicle I've been inside in a long time.

Canucks3322
08-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Test drove a silver SV AWD today...loved it!!! For the price you pay ($24,639 for the lower trim AWD with CVT auto and air con standard, basically no sunroof and shitty stereo system, no heated seats, no climate control, looks the same as SL trim on the outside, same rims, etc), you can't go wrong, I was very impressed with the interior quality and design...and seriously, the front end does not look retarded in person, it actually looks pretty good! :thumbsup: and there is way more interior room than it looks from the outside, the big flared design gives the illusion that it has a cramped interior but not so... Unfortunately I couldn't get enough for my trade-in so I've decided to hold off on buying until I get married and getting it as a 2nd vehicle :rofl: I would highly reccomend a test drive for anyone interested...and the nissan.ca website gives really high rates for financing, I went to Sunridge and he showed me it's actually 4.75% up to 72 months...but no cash rebates or any other price reductions, they're selling too well.

More value than the Tucson and looks better too.

D'z Nutz
08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I never really knew what the Juke looked like before. I just heard a lot of people complaining about it on here. I finally looked it up after reading this thread and I gotta say I like it! But then again, I also thought the Murano looked pretty cool.

Specs look nice and my car is off warranty next year. I might have to go for a test drive this week.

Canucks3322
08-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Traded in my Z today! Yes, the one I was whining about that Jeep would only give me $12,000 for...Nissan gave me considerably more and only a bit less than what I would've gotten selling privately...

Picked up a USED Juke, SL AWD, Sapphire Blue Onyx (the almost black colour), full load less Nav and leather...only 20,000 km....$25,000! Brand new, if they even have it in stock in this colour would've came out to a bit under $30,000 :thumbsup:...I emailed that salesman a few days ago and that same day he took this one on a trade, the previous owner needed/wanted a bigger vehicle and thought the Juke was to small...he told me they haven't made too many of these (designed in Europe, 100% manufactured in Japan, Nissan only planned to sell 20,000 in the U.S. and so far sales have been through the roof) and every review I seen on this vehicle has been positive so hopefully it holds it's value good too :thumbsup:

Sliver
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Nice work and sounds like a sweet deal. Put me in the camp of thinking they look good.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Just wanna throw in that no one should get a Juke with a CVT, god damn that transmission sucks.

BigDannyCool
08-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Traded in my Z today! Yes, the one I was whining about that Jeep would only give me $12,000 for...Nissan gave me considerably more and only a bit less than what I would've gotten selling privately...

Picked up a USED Juke, SL AWD, Sapphire Blue Onyx (the almost black colour), full load less Nav and leather...only 20,000 km....$25,000! Brand new, if they even have it in stock in this colour would've came out to a bit under $30,000 :thumbsup:...I emailed that salesman a few days ago and that same day he took this one on a trade, the previous owner needed/wanted a bigger vehicle and thought the Juke was to small...he told me they haven't made too many of these (designed in Europe, 100% manufactured in Japan, Nissan only planned to sell 20,000 in the U.S. and so far sales have been through the roof) and every review I seen on this vehicle has been positive so hopefully it holds it's value good too :thumbsup:

Brasso Nissan?

Maybelater
08-12-2011, 03:32 AM
It hasn't grown on me, such a funny looking vehicle.

D'z Nutz
08-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Just wanna throw in that no one should get a Juke with a CVT, god damn that transmission sucks.

You're gonna have to be a lot more clearer than that. From what I've read, the CVT takes a bit of getting used to but after a while, it tends to grow on people.

Canucks3322
08-13-2011, 09:21 AM
He means it sucks for when he's racing Civics yo! Tru dat. :rolleyes:

firebane
08-13-2011, 09:34 AM
The CVT transmission is basically the same transmission skidoos use and etc.

Its basically setup to shift without any harsh jerking or movement and be very smooth and transitional.

I'm not overly a huge fan of it cause when you are slowing down it sometimes has a bit of a pulse when just about stopping that feels like you've REALLY stepped on the brakes and during acceleration it seems to be a bit slow.

Other than that the CVT transmission works really well.

funkedelic2
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
It is hideous IMO but the interior is sweet. If it looked better I would consider one myself but it's too beastly

Aleks
08-14-2011, 04:44 PM

Your profile says SV model this post says SL. Doesn't the SV start under $24k new?

Canucks3322
08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Oh oops, I meant SL...it's full load minus the $2300 Navigation package...

Love it so far but I miss the rumble from the 3.5L V6 in my Z and the Murano before :(

PS...the SV with manual is actually just under $20,000

Kardon
08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
CVT has got to be the slushiest of all slushboxes.

403Gemini
08-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Kardon
CVT has got to be the slushiest of all slushboxes.

This.

My work vehicle is a Jeep Patriot... worst transmission ever. Sounds like 1 long, terrible gear with absolutely no pick up and go.

Supposedly it's won some awards with car and driver, but I figure if you win a gold medal at the special Olympics, doesn't negate the fact you're still a retard so that award means nothing to me.

Gibson
08-15-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm still on the fence about the Juke's styling but I'd still like to give Nissan mad props for having the balls to do something different. Toyota and Honda are locked in an intense battle to out-beige each other, and while they're messing around building shit cars, the Koreans have come in and started stealing new customers because they're selling well-built and fun-to-drive cheap cars.

But from the big Japanese 3, Nissan is the only manufacturer making anything I'd even consider look at. Questionable styling, sure, but at least it's refreshing.

firebane
08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Gibson
I'm still on the fence about the Juke's styling but I'd still like to give Nissan mad props for having the balls to do something different. Toyota and Honda are locked in an intense battle to out-beige each other, and while they're messing around building shit cars, the Koreans have come in and started stealing new customers because they're selling well-built and fun-to-drive cheap cars.

But from the big Japanese 3, Nissan is the only manufacturer making anything I'd even consider look at. Questionable styling, sure, but at least it's refreshing.

My gf is in a 2010 Nissan Sentra car and she's looking to get into something with ground clearence and AWD and was looking at the juke. But then we stumbled upon the Mitsubishi RVR and she likes it way more. The styling isn't so much in your face and is better for fuel economy than the Juke is.

From what I heard if your looking for a sporty vehicle in a cross over package the juke is for you but if you want a car in a suv type package the rvr is more suitable.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I really like the RVR, but it's back seat lacks room. What kind of cross over SUV can't fit 3 grown males?

JfuckinC
08-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
I really like the RVR, but it's back seat lacks room. What kind of cross over SUV can't fit 3 grown males?

seriously?

Full size suv's are tight with 3 grown males...

firebane
08-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

seriously?

Full size suv's are tight with 3 grown males...

There is a difference in a CUV and a SUV.

But yes a lot SUVs and even trucks with 4 doors can be cramped to fit 4 full grown males.

kamakurakid
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Props to Nissan for designing outside the norm of boring vehicles. I would say some Renault designers took a short contract at Nissan Japan, snagged a J girlfriend and decided to stay long term.

Honda needs to do the same with a French/Italian company.