PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel this way about their car?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
I look at my car and I pick out all the little flaws, I hate the car, I always want to get rid of it.

I get in my car and drive, and I love it, it drives amazing.

It's so frustrating.

dj_rice
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I experience this EVERYDAY with my 240sx.

Also I just installed my exhaust and now theres a major loud rattling in the trunk area that I cannot pinpoint.

bulaian
08-04-2011, 09:04 AM
every single day

Shlade
08-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Had that with my 08 Bullitt..
knit picked the most minor little things

Hopefully there will come a day that I find a perfect car.. Till then ill knit pick every car I own to death till I get rid of it..

schocker
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
every day :rofl:
I like my car, the power, the handling, the comfort, but I have had it for a while now so I am selling it to try something new, must be faster, handle better and be as comfortable :nut:

OriginalGoods
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Every morning when I go to my car , wah wah vrooom! I love my car more then anything. I have built it from the ground up my self. I wouldn't trade it or sell it for any other car . I have owned 6 cr-x's and the only other car I would own is a 91 ns-x parked beside my siR.

Tomaz
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
This only happens to me when merging onto Deerfoot, cruising with friends, towing my trailer, or any other time my lack of horsepower becomes more noticeable. :(

CapnCrunch
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
My trucks an appliance. I'm perfectly content with it.

G-ZUS
08-04-2011, 11:58 AM
:werd:

Abeo
08-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I still like looking at my truck, but when I hit bumps, accelerate to pass or drive on ice I think hard about getting rid of it. Problem is its cheaper than any replacement vehicle I'd consider, and has been super reliable... its too good to get rid of, its what I need but not what I want :/

BlackFyre
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Yup, share the same feeling. When it's running, and driving good, absolutely love it, the second theres a problem, or it doesn't drive quite right, hate the shit out of it.

95EG6P
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by BlackFyre
Yup, share the same feeling. When it's running, and driving good, absolutely love it, the second theres a problem, or it doesn't drive quite right, hate the shit out of it.

max_boost
08-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Love/hate relationship.

I've owned a bunch of different cars and maybe age has something to do with it? I'm turning 30 and at the stage where I just don't care anymore what I drive.

Vr4Whore
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
every fuckin day. Still end up loving every single car I had except maybe the 1.6L 90 corolla :)

dansmith11
08-04-2011, 04:41 PM
you know what the problem is right?

you guys need more cars.

it sucks when something goes wrong with your car, because now its gonna look or sound shitty when you want to go pick up your girl, or it wont drive right when you want to goto the track etc. etc. .. and then the car you love, is all of a sudden the car you hate.

i found a simple solution. MOAR CARS! lol

if somethings goes wrong or generally gets on my nerves about 1 car. Just drive the other one. then you can fix the issues with the first car at your liesure.

that way working on the problem car is fun like it should be. and not some pain in the ass chore because theres no pressure or NEED to get it done by such and such a deadline.

takes away the stress of being a ricer. lol

craigcd
08-04-2011, 06:14 PM
You need a company car. The I dont care level is great. Then when I need to drive my own personal vehicle its not so bad!

Sentry
08-04-2011, 06:40 PM
60% of the time, it works every time.

slinkie
08-04-2011, 07:06 PM
truck - love it

car - swapping in a motor with double the power to alleviate this problem

navdeep
08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I always love mine

if i wanna just drive i take my TL

and

if i get bored of that i just drive my srt8 jeep

4doorj
08-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by craigcd
You need a company car. The I dont care level is great. Then when I need to drive my own personal vehicle its not so bad!
Before I had my company car I used to switch cars like crazy.
I've been pretty good so far.

benyl
08-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
at the stage where I just don't care anymore what I drive.

I am starting to get on this band wagon.

There is never enough power or handling so why bother trying to have it all.

Maybe I will buy a Cruze Eco like Graham and call it a day. haha

Maybelater
08-05-2011, 10:10 AM
My vehicles is just a straight P.O.S so I don't really care about anything.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Get the same problem with the Subie, I feel like no matter what I do to the car it will never be good enough.
It's Subaru's damn paint. Why is it so shitty?

bigbadboss101
08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
It's like that with my girlfriends...

With cars I switch enough and it's time to make a commitment and be happy with what I got.

ex1z7
08-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I feel this way every time my truck makes a new weird noise, or something stupid happens like a seat bolt backs itself out.. Like what the hell, just stay where you're supposed to..

But then I romp on it, or go up something I didn't think I could go up - or through something, and I love my truck again.. Then I look at the outside and hate it all over again..

I think my personal issue is I don't have any cash to make my truck exactly how I want it to be - so I'm constantly stuck in this "I'd love to have this.. or that.. or have it look like this.." but alas, mortgage/school/bullshit gets in the way..

Problem is, I don't think I'll ever be 100% satisfied with my vehicle, or any vehicle I'll have in the future - I'll always want it to be slightly different... And I'll never be satisfied..

I guess you end up at the point some of the rest of you are at, you just don't give a shit anymore? That seems depressing to me :(..

Vagabond142
08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
1990 Honda Civic DX Sedan....
-Steering wobbles (very minor)
-Oil leaks
-Dented to hell and back from the hailstorms
-Rusting around the wheel wells....
-Of the 92 hp it came with, probably 20 remain
-Interior smells of toxic plastic after a day in the sun

.... gawd I love my car :love:

It corners very well, keeps going no matter WHAT happens to it, and is a fuel sipper (500-600 km to a 40L tank). I swear, you could take out a cylinder and the damned thing would go on 3 and not even complain XD

Chantastic
09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I was just thinking about this, so I'm glad I did a google search before making a new thread. So. BUMP!

Car: '92 240SX

I love the random impressions people give me of the car all the time, whether they be strangers, friends, or people I am just starting to get to know:

A new classmate of mine recently called it 'your fancy red asian persuasion car with lights that go up'

Had a guy ask me what I drove, and he replied 'isn't that a racecar??'

A drunk (and I presume homeless) guy recently asked me what was under the hood. I told him, and then he then said 'wow so uhh this must be like woman eh? FAST TO GET AWAY FROM YOU! HAW HAW HAW' (he then asked me for a dollar and to do donuts/burnouts for him)

Lot's of random thumbs up from the younger crowd on the highway, I've even seen people taking pictures of the car on their phone's from my rear view mirror to my surprise. And now and then I'll get a comment from middle aged people saying 'wow that's in great shape!' (not really the case) or they will tell me stories about how their siblings used to have one and how much fun they had in them.

Love the style, love the pop ups, love the hatchback versatility, love the SR20. Hate the rust, hate how there is more rust everyday, hate that there is always something to fix everyday, hate that half the time it cannot be or is not worth fixing. Also hate how the seals are gone and water gets in the windows sometimes.

My bro once asked me 'what's the difference between your car and the ocean'?

One has seals.

Chantastic
09-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
It corners very well, keeps going no matter WHAT happens to it, and is a fuel sipper (500-600 km to a 40L tank).

Wish I could say the same :(. I get about 360 to max 400km/50L tank :(

Abeo
09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic

Wish I could say the same :(. I get about 360 to max 400km/50L tank :(

Weird, I used to get 500+ km/tank with my SR (hwy), and got almost 700 km once (it took 55L on that fillup :eek: )

Can't wait to drive the project car, I'm sick of welding and bodywork. About to say fuck it and get a cali car, but I have too much time invested :banghead:

K3RMiTdot
09-30-2011, 09:33 PM
all day everyday

Aleks
09-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Got to the point where every used car I looked at had flaws that I couldn't get over so resorted to buying new cars only for a while. :banghead:

Chantastic
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Abeo

Weird, I used to get 500+ km/tank with my SR (hwy), and got almost 700 km once (it took 55L on that fillup :eek: )

Can't wait to drive the project car, I'm sick of welding and bodywork. About to say fuck it and get a cali car, but I have too much time invested :banghead:

It makes me wonder if something is wrong. On my KA I usually filled up from the quarter tank mark, and I would have clicked 440. As soon as the SR went in I was at about 340 and if I stretch it, 360. Even driving back and fourth from Calgary to Lethbridge (basically all highway) I use about half tank and still end up filling at 360 to be safe. It's not like I hammer it all the time either. I once tried for a full tank just driving it in a 100% civil manner and I managed maybe 380. I guess I haven't thrown in any fuel cleaners of any sort lately but I doubt it would bring me up to the 500 mark

Idiot Stick
10-01-2011, 05:10 AM
All day. I love my Mr2, but when it is broken or in storage for winter...pretty much when I am unable to drive it...I consider selling it and my daily for a GT-Four, or something all-year.

But when the Mr2 works great, it works GREAT.

:dunno:

syritis
10-01-2011, 06:09 AM
my truck, i'm happy with i'm sure i'll see it's character some day but right now it's just a truck.

my car. it doesn't feel like my car, i've replaced so much of it. It is the object of affection when i need a place to go hide (usually in the garage) but when i race it. it's something completely else. I focused on the next marker, watching gauges and critiquing my driving, yet every once in a while when i break concentration i realize the world around me. the speed im moving, the lack of common sense in driving a car on the edge, it's scary as hell. it's the adrenalin i desire. may last only a moment before something breaks and my love turns to loath. another headache, another cost, another issue. another escape to the garage to turn wrenches and bloody knuckles. just another day.

heavyfuel
10-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Most of the time.

J.D.
10-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Totally, theres always something I wanna do to make it better.

Kennyredline
10-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I look at my g/f and I pick out all the little flaws, I hate the g/f, I always want to get rid of it.

I get in my g/f and drive, and I love it, it drives amazing.

It's so frustrating.

Fixed.

Simran
Simranhome
Simranhomelikealittlebitch

I would definitely buy a Raptor if I could. Then I could put my Raptor in my Raptor and go search for Raptors!

Proud member of the Zombie Removal Team::

Kloubek
10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
I felt this way with my 944. It actually drove quite well, and the power and handling were phenominal - better than any of the 33 cars that I owned prior. But it just "felt" old. Not so much that it was falling apart, but old car smell, old styling in and out, and the knowledge that if anything broke on it (which was likely with 500hp and a stock drivetrain) that it was gonna cost me dearly.

I much prefer driving the boxster; everything seems much more comfortable and... "relaxed". I also love having a convertible - totally changes the driving experience. The boxster is not at all a fast car though, and I do long for that power again. Hopefully in the spring I can get rid of the Boxster and get something that meets all my needs. (Or, is it "wants" ...)

ekguy
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
No and yes. With my new VW I am for the first time head over heels for a car. I love it despite it's obvious flaws. But once suspension, rims and vr6 swap are done I'll re-spray it. Already have the rims lined up, know where I'm getting my coilovers...just need to find a place for my vr6 swap.

Other than that the only thing i don't like about my car is the sticking sun roof and the god awful rims and little bit of bubbling by windshield and on the hatch.

Every moment im driving it I am smiling. Every time I stomp the gas down and power through the gears and hear that cammed/chipped engine it just makes me ecstatic. You can feel and hear the engine so well, it's just an amazing feeling.

My integra was so boring it almost never brought a smile to my face. Happy it's gone to car heaven now.

Cooked Rice
10-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Since I got a nice SUV everything has been cherry. But my S13 on the other hand... hah.