PDA

View Full Version : Very simple video editting software for PC?

403Gemini
08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I know Macs are generally considered to be the most user friendly platform if you're doing video editting software , but I was just wondering if there are any PC programs that are comparable with fast rendering and extremely simple to use?

Any advice is greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Thaco
08-04-2011, 03:38 PM
probably the easiest and free is windows movie maker..

i have yet to find an editor that i even remotely like.

rage2
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
What kinda stuff are you looking at doing? As Thaco pointed out, WMM is free, and does the job for basic stuff. If you need something that can edit and hammer out your short film, I suggest Sony Vegas. It's not cheap, but it can do everything, and is probably the easiest NLE to learn for the PC camp.

The most popular PC NLE would be Premier, but I'm not a big fan of it.

Thaco
08-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rage2
What kinda stuff are you looking at doing? As Thaco pointed out, WMM is free, and does the job for basic stuff. If you need something that can edit and hammer out your short film, I suggest Sony Vegas. It's not cheap, but it can do everything, and is probably the easiest NLE to learn for the PC camp.

The most popular PC NLE would be Premier, but I'm not a big fan of it.

Also Corel videostudio, i have it, but i really cant get in to it, i find it cant do, or is difficult to do things i want.

Also, Rage2, Change my user title, TIA!

rage2
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I used to use Ulead Videostudio (now Corel). The original beyond videos were made using that. It's not the most intuitive system to use, good for stitching together home videos with basic titling and effects. I moved to Sony Vegas and it's a huge step up in ease of use as well as functionality.

You know you can't ask for user titles.

Thaco
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I used to use Ulead Videostudio (now Corel). The original beyond videos were made using that. It's not the most intuitive system to use, good for stitching together home videos with basic titling and effects. I moved to Sony Vegas and it's a huge step up in ease of use as well as functionality.

You know you can't ask for user titles.

Cool, i may have to try out vegas.

Well i did :) do i have to beg?

403Gemini
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I had a "trial" version of Vegas about 4 years back when I would make warcraft videos for my guild and it was semi easy to learn. I think if I bought Vegas w/ a book I could see picking it up pretty easy.

cam_wmh
08-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
...when I would make warcraft videos for my guild..
/nyar

403Gemini
08-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

/nyar
;) I never said I wasn't a nerd lol