PDA

View Full Version : Lemonde stand shut down - the law is the law

Modelexis
08-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Ed8O7b0TmF4

Police ramp up on their nationwide crackdown of illegal lemonade stand enterprising. 'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga.

Hopefully not a repost.

I bought lemonade illegally a couple weekends ago and I thought about warning the girl about how brutal the state can be on these issues but I decided she was too young to care and her parents should be the people to explain it.

pyroza
08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
"Police ramp up on their nationwide crackdown of illegal lemonade stand enterprising. 'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga. "

This quote belongs in an Onion article.

Zephyr
08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
If this was in Los Angeles it probably would of been like this:

"She's got a lemonade in her hands *draws a taser* PUT THAT LEMONADE DOWN! *tases* STOP RESISTING, STOP RESISTING! HER EYES ARE STILL OPEN, BEAT HER WITH A BATTON!"

JustGo
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
hahaha that is brutal. The mom in that video said it best- don't they have better things to do?

What a silly waste of time and resources.

I bet if it was a donut stand it wouldn't have been shut down!

HIIYOOOOO.... got to it first, snitches!

Modelexis
08-04-2011, 08:32 PM
fail:angel:

JustGo
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Since this post has served it's purpose, I will now replace it with a verse from the Elton John classic, Tiny Dancer. Enjoy.

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Modelexis
08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
whoops-a-daisy

haha, my apologies justgo

Kloubek
08-04-2011, 09:14 PM
This seems ridiculous.

Until someone dies from e-coli-tainted lemonade. Then those same lawmakers who are supposed to have protected the public never did their jobs properly had they let lemonade stands slide.

I don't like it, but that's the reality of the world we live in now.

ZenOps
08-04-2011, 09:30 PM
I agree with the law.

Need the proper permit to sell such a dangerous substance as sugar. Look at all the fatties in the US already. This little girl is just contributing to health care expenditure by increasing diabetes.

Not only that, she might be using tapwater with Flouride in it. Sodium flouride, you know the main active component in Rat Poison.

Terrorist little girl ahhhh~ :devil:

lilmira
08-04-2011, 09:59 PM
She didn't pay.

snoop101
08-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Im sure its different down there, but what would happen if lets say someone were to get sick from the lemonade. I know its like one in a million, but lets say your the one. could you go after the parent?

I assume that's what the police were trying to get across. That and the fact that their selling goods and not paying taxes,etc.

dj_rice
08-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Is she allowed to give out the lemonade free then and accept donations?

ZenOps
08-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Charities would have to be registered too. And while some might be considered tax exempt, they would still need the paperwork for anyone who wished to use it as a charitable donation.

"Want to sell lemonade? Papers please!"

Feruk
08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Until someone dies from e-coli-tainted lemonade.
If she was selling dead chickens in her front yard, I could agree with you, but this is lemonade we're talking about.

Originally posted by Kloubek
I don't like it, but that's the reality of the world we live in now.
"I am robot, will comply."

CMW403
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I buy lemonade from every stand I see. As a matter of fact, the other day I was going for a rip on my dads road bike and I saw a lemonade stand so I quickly turned around to get some money. Gave them a twoonie and a marketing strategy :)

mucat
08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
http://images.wikia.com/seinfeld/images/5/5d/Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.jpg

'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with, it's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!"

Ergo-Sun-Tzu
08-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow, great achievement of the day for that police department. Instead of taking down a drug ring, or patroling the city to stop thefts, or assaults, they took down a little GIRL'S illegal LEMONADE STAND.

I got to commend them for their fine hard work...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:rofl:

spikerS
08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
next, you will need a permit to have a garage sale.

:facepalm:

Kloubek
08-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

If she was selling dead chickens in her front yard, I could agree with you, but this is lemonade we're talking about.

...so you're saying that a peel (we've all seen the lemon slices in the stereotypical lemonade pitcher) is always going to be properly washed, and not harboring any bacteria?

I know this might not constitute the norm, but...
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Consumer/story?id=5048483&page=1

It happens. E Coli can live all sorts of places you wouldn't expect. Just a few years ago there was a huge outbreak due to tainted spinich.

Feruk
08-08-2011, 08:55 AM
To make lemonade, you squeeze the juice out of the lemon, not the peel. Even if the peel is dirty, ideally it doesn't affect the delicions lemon inside. I'm not too concerned with the little girl pooing into the lemonade. There's safe, and then there's just paranoia.

Kloubek
08-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the recipe, tips. But that's strange, as I just had lemonade at the Mardigras this weekend, and they had bits of lemon in there. (Along with mint, which was quite tasty indeed) I've also been to lemonade stands where they have the whole lemon slices in it.

I understand what you're saying; I personally don't give a crap if there is peel in there and that there is a *slight* chance of getting sick. One cannot always live in fear.

However, on the other hand, I can also see how the government wants to limit the potential risks as well. As I already said - it only takes one person to die from ecoli in order for the government to be blamed for the fact they didn't do more to regulate such "businesses".

ZenOps
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Some people are just plain phobic about kid germs.

I know Rob Anders is. Offer a million dollars to lick the doorhandle of an elementary school, and he would probably decline. What a commie psycho.

Every kid probably shares the same germs when they touch that handle and eat their sandwich for lunch.

mucat
08-08-2011, 10:19 AM
They shut down lemonade stands before shutting down any chinese restaurants?